EPL 2012-2013

Uncle Si

Reaction score
roiyair":1jl2nmr8 said:
As a United fan it was great to see how we totally outclassed Arsenal on the pitch. Due to army duties I haven't been able to watch most of the games so far but this is the most dominant I've seen us play this season. The only negative thing I have to say about this game is that like Gatehawk said, the Arsenal fans really made their presence felt, not a great show by the United fans, at least as far as I could tell from the T.V..

United have found their form, and now the top of thr table. Deservedly as well. I still don't think Kagawa has fully integrated himself into the lineup either.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":35lbp0ff said:
peachesenregalia":35lbp0ff said:
Gatehawk":35lbp0ff said:
You really can't resist saying something about anything I say, can you?

I can't. Players leaving for other clubs has nothing to do with respect.

I just can't argue with you, because you just don't understand what the hell I'm talking about and I don't know how the hell I can explain it so you do.

He left for money and trophies... the same reason EVERY professional athlete leaves. You don't have to explain what you mean. We get it. But why is Podolski at Arsenal? Or Giroud? How about Torres at Chelsea? What I don't get is why you expected something different from RvP? He didn't drive to Manchester and stand at the gates in the rain playing "your eyes" on his boombox... Arsenal sold him, like they do.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2c5mgemf said:
He left for money and trophies... the same reason EVERY professional athlete leaves. You don't have to explain what you mean. We get it. But why is Podolski at Arsenal? Or Giroud? How about Torres at Chelsea? What I don't get is why you expected something different from RvP? He didn't drive to Manchester and stand at the gates in the rain playing "your eyes" on his boombox... Arsenal sold him, like they do.

Remember his "little boy" line? It kinda makes me think he did do that when Arsenal weren't looking.

roiyair

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1fe925u3 said:
roiyair":1fe925u3 said:
As a United fan it was great to see how we totally outclassed Arsenal on the pitch. Due to army duties I haven't been able to watch most of the games so far but this is the most dominant I've seen us play this season. The only negative thing I have to say about this game is that like Gatehawk said, the Arsenal fans really made their presence felt, not a great show by the United fans, at least as far as I could tell from the T.V..

United have found their form, and now the top of thr table. Deservedly as well. I still don't think Kagawa has fully integrated himself into the lineup either.

I don't know if found their form is correct. I still get goose bumps every corner or free kick. De Gea is just horrible dealing with crosses which maybe forgiven in La Liga, but definitely not in the Premier League, where it's right at the top of the list of most important things for a goal keeper. The defense isn't helping too much either, but hopefully when we get Vida, Jones and Smalling back that will improve. On the offensive side we are playing good football though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":15rrirzy said:
Uncle Si":15rrirzy said:

Remember his "little boy" line? It kinda makes me think he did do that when Arsenal weren't looking.

I just got that image... wish I could photoshop

Uncle Si

Reaction score
roiyair":137kogtj said:
Uncle Si":137kogtj said:
roiyair":137kogtj said:

I don't know if found their form is correct. I still get goose bumps every corner or free kick. De Gea is just horrible dealing with crosses which maybe forgiven in La Liga, but definitely not in the Premier League, where it's right at the top of the list of most important things for a goal keeper. The defense isn't helping too much either, but hopefully when we get Vida, Jones and Smalling back that will improve. On the offensive side we are playing good football though.

Ist football funny? Rest of the league is starting to sigh in disbelief at United's play/luck and yet their fans are team...

Its been interesting watching United adjust its play this season. They are making a concerted effort to keep the ball centrally with Kagawa and utilze the triangle of him, RvP and Rooney... and then shift the ball out wide as the games reach the latter stages just in time to nic results.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
That was an exciting game, by every reason you can think of. Arsenal shouldn't have given up those first 2 Fulham goals, but lets not dwell on that. I wanna hear people still call Giroud a flop after this, 2 goals to bring his total up to 6 overall and 3 Premier League goals. Arsenal should have taken all 3 points at the end when they got the penalty kick, Arteta mucked that up. The way I see it, the first 30 minutes it was even, the second 30 minutes Arsenal went brain dead at the back, and the last 30 minutes all of Fulham's players went brain dead. Arsenal shouldn't have conceded all 3 goals but it was great to see them turn it around after they had, and Arshavin surprised me a lot as he was looking like he was involved in everything after coming on and it was his attempted cross that got that pk at the end. MOTM is probably a tie between Berbatov and Giroud.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":273guso5 said:
Should never have had that penalty at the end. Not a handball

I thought Arsenal looked about average. The game was a decent one, though.

Peaches... its almost hyberbole to suggest to Gate that Arsenal isn't involved in the most momentous and inspired football games of the day.

In truth, they blew another two goal lead (or Arsene called it an "all too comfortbale position". Whaever that means). The gunners defense looks like a tepid, confuseed and uninspired group. They seem unwilling to disrupt the other teams advances and their front 6 almost refuse to defend as the ball progresses forward. The fact that noone can criticize Giroud (he's still very wasteful, and missed opportunities tonight) and Arsenal is scoring is the only reason they aren't in full panic. If they don't get sound behind the ball that time is coming

Big game tomorrow

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":qy7q8tme said:
Should never have had that penalty at the end. Not a handball

I thought Arsenal looked about average. The game was a decent one, though.

I kind of feel like the penalty at the end of the game was one of those that gets called 6 out of 10 times and pisses everyone except the team that gets the penalty kick.

After Fulham tied the game they were talking about how Fulham will be a Top 10 club, sadly that's what Arsenal look like as well. I do kinda think this outcome had a good chance of happening since Arsenal had issues with Fulham last year, the 1-1 draw at home and the 2-1 away. It's still unexcusable after being 2-0 up, it was understandable against Schalke but not Fulham(who have been in good form as of late). I do feel Arsenal will be a bit better next week in the North London Derby in defense as there's a chance Wojciech Szczesny will be back in goal and I think both of Fulham's first 2 goals were a result of a bad reaction by Mannone.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2yr1r1xr said:
Gatehawk":2yr1r1xr said:
Uncle Si":2yr1r1xr said:
Goal of the year so far?

Cazorla vs West Ham, I can't really think of any other goals at the moment.

You should watch more soccer

I think I watch more soccer than you sometimes.

Actually I said Cazorla's goal cause I just put down the first goal I thought of, after some thought I do remember Zoltan Gera's strike from the season opener against Liverpool and Cabaye's goal from last week. I'm looking over some videos to help jog my memory as well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I'm sure you do think you watch more Gate. You don't but I'm sure you think so. I'm sure you believe Arsenal will be better next week. Also, santa is real, the tooth fairy will give you money for lost teeth and gas prices will stay below $4 now that Obama has been reelected.

Arsenal are a shambles defensively, and its not the backline. They lack symmetry from the front and any teeth in the midfield. They have deep concerns as the season stretches along.

Goal of the year question was more for peaches and iswt, who both saw Suarezm goal against Newcastle. Unmatched in the EPL as of yet (imo)

Keep watching though

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":250muegm said:
Agree about the Suarez goal. he's a genius when he wants to be.

I'm ready for the Bitters to go away. Another sneaky result for them today. Can they last? Have the makings of a team to stick around until late (except the depth)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1lovmoum said:
Agree about the Suarez goal. he's a genius when he wants to be.

I'm ready for the Bitters to go away. Another sneaky result for them today. Can they last? Have the makings of a team to stick around until late (except the depth)

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3vw6ia2w said:
I'm sure you do think you watch more Gate. You don't but I'm sure you think so. I'm sure you believe Arsenal will be better next week. Also, santa is real, the tooth fairy will give you money for lost teeth and gas prices will stay below $4 now that Obama has been reelected.

Arsenal are a shambles defensively, and its not the backline. They lack symmetry from the front and any teeth in the midfield. They have deep concerns as the season stretches along.

Goal of the year question was more for peaches and iswt, who both saw Suarezm goal against Newcastle. Unmatched in the EPL as of yet (imo)

Keep watching though

I don't watch a lot of football outside of the teams I follow (Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday, Seattle Sounders, Borussia Dortmund, Champions League) keep me pretty busy.....The Suarez goal vs Newcastle was certainly very exciting, but unique in the fact that the actual hit of the ball into the net was by far the least impressive act of the whole run.

Probably top 5 goal for LFC by the end of the campaign at least with Suarez with the other 4 entries as well.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I have seen Suarez's goal from last week, but honestly Suarez's goal is basically an easy goal for most strikers if given the pass Suarez got. You look at the 3 goals I mentioned, Gera's goal was unstoppable, Cazorla's stunned everyone, and Cabaye's was from a seriously difficult angle and the path was also crowded with players.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1mpcwppw said:
I have seen Suarez's goal from last week, but honestly Suarez's goal is basically an easy goal for most strikers if given the pass Suarez got. You look at the 3 goals I mentioned, Gera's goal was unstoppable, Cazorla's stunned everyone, and Cabaye's was from a seriously difficult angle and the path was also crowded with players.

I won't argue the other goals (all three very nice) but I had this out with some coaching friends (and Spurs fans) last night about Suarez. They say the same thing... simple goal. But that first touch, off the shoulder, with pace from a ball gone 60 yards is far more difficult than many give it credit. The control is fairly supernatural. He's back to the ball and draped by a defender. He controls it from shoulder (not chest) to foot while running. Just a great deal of skill

All pretty goals and why we watch the game.

Suarez must have decided Errys ban wasn't long enough, that looked painful