Want a good laugh? Indy ahead of us in ESPN Power Rankings

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DTexHawk":3heaaf2n said:
T-Sizzle":3heaaf2n said:
bellingerga":3heaaf2n said:
I stopped caring what national media thinks a long time ago, in sports and other areas. It's better that way.
:13:

In most cases they are less educated than fans. They are news readers...nothing more.

It's a plain numbers and longevity issue.

The majority of East Coast teams have significant numbers of fans that have been following their teams for longer than the Hawks have existed. Media will cater to those numbers. Throw in the overall lack of success and that is why the Hawks are covered the way they are and are an after thought to the majority of the country.

Win for a decade (with multiple SB's), and grow the fan base that way, and eventually Hawks will be on the radar.

The problem about that is the parity in the league won't allow a team to win for a decade.

Ummm...Colts, Pats, Ravens, Stillers? Get good coaches, good player acquisition, and a franchise QB, and you can stay ahead of parity for a decade.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Power rankings are useless and just someones opinion.... Just win and that will shut them up and move your team up.

CANHawk

Reaction score
"mainstream" sports media will always pander to the large market large fanbase teams for page hits. It's a business. Every now and then the small market teams get a little attention just for the sake of keeping up the appearance of being an impartial and realistic news source, but it's really all about the greenbacks being spent by the advertizers. It's sad that they've sold out to the business man like that, but that's reality. Cash Rules Everything Around Me, CREAM get the money, dolla dolla bills y'all...

No, if you want the real straight goods you need to head off the radar and into the blogosphere. Yes, some of them (a lot of them) are drooling cavemen spouting Traumatic nonsense, but if you can sort through the crap you find a guy like Emory Hunt - who is legitimately very football smart and seems to be completely unbiased - and his awesome youtube videos. I wish he'd write more stuff or provide transcripts on his website though as it isn't always convenient to turn up the sound and watch youtube videos (like when I'm screwng the pooch at work).

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Canhawk,

His example is NOT a large market team in the Colts, IMO its more of a love fest for the next big thing at QB.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
Hawks fans always complain when we have a better record and are placed behind teams. Dont see why it should be different here with the Colts.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Two points..

1.) Andrew Luck IS better than Russell Wilson.. who cares?

2.) Again.. ESPN/NFL.com/CBS/Bleacher Report/Some hack on a message board.. etc etc .. their Power Rankings mean JACK (bleep) .. the NFL isn't the BCS. Who cares?! Rank us 32 for all I care.. at the end of the day, the Seahawks have a very real chance to make the playoffs.

zayden185

Reaction score
kearly":3f9b0yq5 said:
I'm fine with the Colts being just barely ahead of us in the power-ratings. What I am not okay with is the possibility of Luck winning ROY with a 79 QB rating when Wilson, RG3, and Martin are lighting it up.

That award was given in April

And...I prefer to have Wilson where he is and grounded

The only award that matters to him is Super Bowl MVP

CANHawk

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":2pyckl4d said:
Canhawk,

His example is NOT a large market team in the Colts, IMO its more of a love fest for the next big thing at QB.

Yeah, but the colts picked up a BUTT LOAD of fans during the Manning era and all the winning that brought. One bad year didn't make them all jump off the ship like drowning rats so while admittedly that's not a large market in Indianapolis itself, it's still a large group of fans to pander to.

BTW, why are you still here..?

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
CANHawk":utbua3rn said:
PatsFanNH":utbua3rn said:
Canhawk,

Yeah, but the colts picked up a BUTT LOAD of fans during the Manning era and all the winning that brought. One bad year didn't make them all jump off the ship like drowning rats so while admittedly that's not a large market in Indianapolis itself, it's still a large group of fans to pander to.

BTW, why are you still here..?

I just came back to wish ya guys good luck against the HATED Jets lol.. and read a few comments while here got drawn in lol

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3t95dxsg said:
Two points..

1.) Andrew Luck IS better than Russell Wilson.. who cares?

2.) Again.. ESPN/NFL.com/CBS/Bleacher Report/Some hack on a message board.. etc etc .. their Power Rankings mean JACK (bleep) .. the NFL isn't the BCS. Who cares?! Rank us 32 for all I care.. at the end of the day, the Seahawks have a very real chance to make the playoffs.

I was about to bash the bolded statement hard, but wow does Luck have an amazing QBR...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_ ... ndrew-luck

An average of 77.6, which is well above pro bowl level. Very impressive.

Wilson isn't that much worse than Luck though. And we didn't need to go 2-14 to get Wilson.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
kearly":3s04qg7p said:
I'm fine with the Colts being just barely ahead of us in the power-ratings. What I am not okay with is the possibility of Luck winning ROY with a 79 QB rating when Wilson, RG3, and Martin are lighting it up.

Actually, Luck's QBR (one of the only stats that also requires film watching) is 76.7, all-pro level. That is just amazing. He should win rookie of the year based on that, I think the only one with a shot of catching him (as a QB) is Wilson with RG3 not doing so well recently.