Arena Deal thread: UPDATE: DEAL PASSED AND SIGNED OFF!!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't think it would be as a coach. He left the lakers because of health, maybe if he was to be involved in basketball activities it probably would be team president

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think if this rumor is true (which isn't likely right now as the buzz is he might be close to joining the Lakers again). Then having a dude like Jackson aboard gives whatever team and this ownership group some sort of allure to it. If Phil Jackson is vouching for 'em what would that to say to potential free agent targets? and good players that are already on the team (Tyreke Evans, DeMarcus Cousins if it is the Kings) It'd be a HUGE boost for that soon-to-be Seattle franchise IF Phil Jackson is involved.

soohawk

Reaction score
jackson will coach the lakers if he can get jim buss to give him the power he wants (i.e giving jeannie buss more pull within the whole operation) so that he doesn't have to answer to the gm mitch kutchap (sp) or jim buss about basketball decisions. he is dating jeannie and she runs the business side of things. he is pretty much trying to stick it to jim buss for being a trust fund baby and excoriating any trace of jackson within the lakers organizations after he retired. the guy fired scouts, trainers you name it... he hired mike brown just because he is the polar opposite of phil jackson.

its a comfortable place for jackson to go to. he knows how to rattle kobe properly. he is able to motivate pau gasol (sometimes, nobody can all the time). he is old and not 100% healthy, so going back to a situation where he can get a ring this year and retire again or just know he has the horses to win the race (his calling card from day one as a coach) is enough to get him back. I think he would only coach the lakers. nobody else.

it would be great for seattle but they can accomplish something good with another established coach who will be around longer than a couple seasons or one that will travel with the team to every away game and so on

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Matt Stanford ‏@mstanford27

Flea last night at the Chili Peppers concert: "what happened to your basketball team is f***ing bulls**t!" @Sonicsgate

Retweeted by Sonicsgate

:thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs: Yea Flea!

Throwdown

Reaction score
some conceptual designs are coming out

http://www.king5.com/news/arena/First-c ... =y&c=y&c=y

Honestly I just wanna see the exterior!

Also would like to add, that I hope they do the lighting like they do at the Barclay's Center for the Nets, and the Staples Center for the Lakers, the darkness around the court, I think it'd go good hand in hand with the Green and Gold color scheme.

JOz56

Reaction score
There is no way that Stern and CO let the Magoofs go anywhere after how much they've boned up. Not worried.

soohawk

Reaction score
the maloofs are just biding their time before the death knell. their is no way that david stern is going to let anybody tell him how to leave the nba or how to run his final show imo. he is a classic control freak in the sense that he even went on the air last night to castrate gregg poppovich for not playing duncan/ginobli/parker against lebron's heat on national television. if he thinks he can tell a coach how to run his rotations or when he is allowed to rest his players, well then, do you really think he is going to let the maloof family shove his nose in a pile of shit?

their is no way on god's green earth that the maloofs are going to be able to relocate their team, keep owning it and get their act together in a new city.

*fans buying tickets got boned last night but its about rings and poppovich has won rings doing this before, that's all spurs fans care about...we know popp doesn't give a hoot about outsiders feelings, how he treats sideline reporters is just the tip of the iceberg :)

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
NBA is going to have to drag me back before I give it much interest, but the arena stuff gets me a little excited. Here's some new exterior renderings released: http://mynorthwest.com/27/2141833/Image ... a-released

Not too bad. The best features so far might be the views of the bay and city. How many NBA arena's actually have something similar?

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'll add this as well, there's also some rumblings that the Maloofs might be cracking and will be selling soon, Georgle Maloof is believed to want out, another is 50/50, and another doesn't want to sell.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Fuzzman55":33b6litt said:
NBA is going to have to drag me back before I give it much interest, but the arena stuff gets me a little excited. Here's some new exterior renderings released: http://mynorthwest.com/27/2141833/Image ... a-released

Not too bad. The best features so far might be the views of the bay and city. How many NBA arena's actually have something similar?

Why in the world would you go to a sporting event and care at all about the views other then whats on the field or court?

Great looking building though.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3n4xu1bv said:
Fuzzman55":3n4xu1bv said:

Why in the world would you go to a sporting event and care at all about the views other then whats on the field or court?

Great looking building though.

UW and the water. Centurylink and the Seattle skyline. I've always liked my stadiums to be more than generic boxes. Having views can only be a cool thing, IMO.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
we must be getting close because stern all but said today or yesterday brock and salk had it on that. seattle was the next stop for the nba.