So the Jets are going to "RATTLE" RW we will see.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • So according to the Jets just because RW is a "rookie" he is going to get rattled. I dont think they know a thing about him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ll-wilson/
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• Well they have to say something. They can't just say they are going to come in and lay down for him.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• While it all makes sense in theory, there’s one problem with trying to rattle Russell Wilson: The kid doesn’t get rattled.

I think this says it all.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    While it all makes sense in theory, there’s one problem with trying to rattle Russell Wilson: The kid doesn’t get rattled.

I think this says it all.

So does this:
    “I definitely think I’ve improved a lot. I have to be honest with you; I like pressure just because there’s more green grass behind it. And if you make the play, there’s a lot of great things that can happen.” – Wilson on facing the blitz
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• I really do not think I've seen him rattled, not even on his worst days.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• He got blitzed silly by the Cardinals and was still able to put the team in position in the end to win. The Jets need to do something to generate pass rush, since they aren't getting a lot of sacks. Pressures? Not sure about those. The first thing the Jets need to do is take away the run, so sounds like they plan to stack the box and bring pressure to see if the Rookie can handle it.

We will see how the plan works soon.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Sanchez is the one who is going to get rattled
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

• So they shouldn't try to rattle him? What should their gameplan be then? Try to stop Giacomini?
    endzorn
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Its Rex Ryan he can be creative on D. Now I am not saying there plan will work but, they might throw some thing new his way.
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Sanchez will do so bad he finally gets pulled for tebow
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

• endzorn wrote:So they shouldn't try to rattle him? What should their gameplan be then? Try to stop Giacomini?

Always one of these in a thread
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Hehe if they want to feed the fire...who are we to say nay? ;)

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Re: So the Jets are going to
Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:32 am
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    endzorn wrote:So they shouldn't try to rattle him? What should their gameplan be then? Try to stop Giacomini?

I apologize.

The Jets better not try to rattle Wilson because he is super amazing and attempting to do what every team tries in every single game ever played will definitely backfire! Go Hawks!

Translation: this is a non-story.
    endzorn
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:42 am
  • endzorn wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:
    endzorn wrote:So they shouldn't try to rattle him? What should their gameplan be then? Try to stop Giacomini?

I apologize.

The Jets better not try to rattle Wilson because he is super amazing and attempting to do what every team tries in every single game ever played will definitely backfire! Go Hawks!

Translation: this is a non-story.

Why so? You are applying an even broader sword than the Jets are. They are saying he's rookie and therefore easily rattled, so that would imply they think all rook QB's are easily rattled. We seem to have one of the few exceptions to that rule. Their comments seem to indicate that at least some of their players don't watch much game tape.

If they had said they're going to bring the pressure on Wilson without specifically mentioning the rookie aspect, that would have been different.

What should we interpret from your sarcastic remarks about RW? Have you been spending a lot of time with Hasselbeck? lately? :mrgreen:
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:00 am
  • Why so? You are applying an even broader sword than the Jets are. They are saying he's rookie and therefore easily rattled, so that would imply they think all rook QB's are easily rattled. We seem to have one of the few exceptions to that rule. Their comments seem to indicate that at least some of their players don't watch much game tape.

If they had said they're going to bring the pressure on Wilson without specifically mentioning the rookie aspect, that would have been different.

What should we interpret from your sarcastic remarks about RW? Have you been spending a lot of time with Hasselbeck? lately?

This is exactly the point. Just because he is a rookie the Jets think he is going to get rattled like Gabbert does. They dont know RW, If they really had spent any time studying him they would say that alot differently.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• Boy is our collective face going to be red if Seattle loses tomorrow.
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• WindCityHawk wrote:Boy is our collective face going to be red if Seattle loses tomorrow.

Pretty much the only true thing said in this whole thread.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Its a common thing to blitz new QBs, look how long it took Matt to learn how to handle it.

But I have to say Wilson has ice water in his veins on the field. I think that he has advanced enough that blitzes, even delayed ones won't "rattle" him.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:20 am
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:.

What should we interpret from your sarcastic remarks about RW? Have you been spending a lot of time with Hasselbeck? lately? :mrgreen:

Nothing. I love Wilson and I would snuggle his little midget bones. What I'm saying is that often people make something out of nothing.

This is akin to an article saying, "Jets Center plans on snapping ball against Seahawks", followed immediately by a post saying, "Their Center is an idiot...doesn't he know how good Brandon Mebane is?"

Teams try to rattle the opposing QB in every single game. Every. Single. Game. News at 11!
    endzorn
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:26 am
  • Joey13091 wrote:Sanchez will do so bad he finally gets pulled for tebow

that might not be a good thing,...we don't seem to play well against teams' second string QBs,...
    Hamhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:27 am
  • endzorn wrote:
    HawKnPeppa wrote:.

Nothing. I love Wilson and I would snuggle his little midget bones. What I'm saying is that often people make something out of nothing.

This is akin to an article saying, "Jets Center plans on snapping ball against Seahawks", followed immediately by a post saying, "Their Center is an idiot...doesn't he know how good Brandon Mebane is?"

Teams try to rattle the opposing QB in every single game. Every. Single. Game. News at 11!

I disagree!!! :sarcasm_off:
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• If I was going up against Wilson, I'd rattle him by sending 2 or 3 on the rush and dropping everyone into coverage. Force him into making the right reads.
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran

• Reaneypark wrote:If I was going up against Wilson, I'd rattle him by sending 2 or 3 on the rush and dropping everyone into coverage. Force him into making the right reads.

If in man coverage, RW will run for the 1st down all day long.

If in zone coverage, no pressure equates to RW being patient until one of his receivers finds a seam in the zone.

No problema, amigo.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Man...jets are a joke. All they do is talk trash and never back it up.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:54 pm
  • Joey13091 wrote:Sanchez is the one who is going to get rattled

he already is
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *

• so Tebow doesn't think the CLink and 12th man will be a factor, and now this genious says the defense is going to rattle the rookie... love it, fanning the fire jets, fanning the fire.... i was hoping for a good hard fought victory, now i want it to be ugly, false starts, sacks, helmets sideways, bloodstains on the jerseys, bloody/broken noses and fingers, the whole nine... i want an all out a** whoppin now... oh and wilson to throw for 300 yrds 3 td's and run for 1 along with lynches 2 add a Hauschka field goal, that should make it around 45 to 10... i will however accept a 21 to 17 hard fought victory too... go Hawks!!!
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Thats not what I took out of the story, rattle him by knocking him down, hitting him, and yes cheap shotting where they can. We are in a different conference and they see us every 4 years, a little extra activity is no skin off their back, they have nothing to lose. They have been targetting players all season, some with success and some not. This may turn into a dirty game when all is said in done.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Jets got no type of pass rush.....dont know why they say sh** like this
    WHOS GOT IT BETTER THAN US?!!!! NOBODY!!!!!
    80849er4life
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:23 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information