Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)

nategreat

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3hhkymn2 said:
I think the bitching about what the players do is kinda getting childish too. They are frikken entertainers playing a sport. The people who need to get over themselves are those who bitch about players needing to get over themselves. :mrgreen: :les:

Thanks for saying this, this is EXACTLY how I feel. There is probably a point where too much is too much, but when we are talking about ball spinning and first down signaling, I think some people need to relax. It's no different than a sack dance, and no one seems to complain about that. Besides, it has nothing to do with being a bad teammate or anything in that negative light. They are entertainers who love the game of football and are having fun out there. They can celebrate anyway they want as long as it's not drawing any flags.

The Radish

Reaction score
nategreat":1nmwwan0 said:
Jazzhawk":1nmwwan0 said:
I think the bitching about what the players do is kinda getting childish too. They are frikken entertainers playing a sport. The people who need to get over themselves are those who bitch about players needing to get over themselves. :mrgreen: :les:

Thanks for saying this, this is EXACTLY how I feel. There is probably a point where too much is too much, but when we are talking about ball spinning and first down signaling, I think some people need to relax. It's no different than a sack dance, and no one seems to complain about that. Besides, it has nothing to do with being a bad teammate or anything in that negative light. They are entertainers who love the game of football and are having fun out there. They can celebrate anyway they want as long as it's not drawing any flags.

I agree somewhat with you. The part I'm mostly referring to is the spinning the ball on the ground away from the officials. By NFL rules you're supposed to hand/throw the ball to the officials so they can get the los set for the next play.

This affects the flow of the game and the officials have asked that they please stop doing that. How long do you think they will continue saying "please".

If receivers want to make complete asses of themselves because they think they are special for doing what they are paid to do fine. But to ignore the officials is pure stupidity from where I sit.

I also agree its a thing of perception from different sides of the game. Of course at my age I've seen many big plays and many big time players and you know what? You rarely saw any of them until recent years that tried to make it "about them" rather than about the team.

To me most of this sillyishness is comparable to all of you out there that do computer work standing up and rah-rahing yourself every time you sent an email. I think that would be dumb, how about you? Same thing here, they are just doing their job. If they want to celebrate after catching a TD I will go for that. But just the usual ho-hum catch, not so much.

Most of you haven't seen Dick Butkus play and understand he's considered the hardest hitting DB ever. And I can tell you he got up, from those plays, troted back to the huddle because he understood because he was just one of 11 guys doing his job

Yes we live in "me me" generation now but I accept your opinion that its fine for Golden Tate to make a 11 yard catch and ack like he just won the Super Bowl. So you need to accept my opinion that its childish.

Fair enough?

:141847_bnono:

:roll:

btw sorry for using a defensive player for an example. Would Steve Largent or Jerry Rice have acted like that? I rest my case. they were team players.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
mistaowen":lkr2c92x said:
Let's stop complaining about the guy who has scored TDs inside the 30 every chance he gets. Even if he is cocky, why does that matter to us if he is scoring?
Same reason that people were turned off by Shaun Alexander.

Some people want their entertainers act a specific way and when they stray from that it bothers them. The belief is that if you are playful in your craft you don't take it seriously. I always choose production over antics myself.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
The Radish":1dyfi5jn said:
nategreat":1dyfi5jn said:
Jazzhawk":1dyfi5jn said:

I agree somewhat with you. The part I'm mostly referring to is the spinning the ball on the ground away from the officials. By NFL rules you're supposed to hand/throw the ball to the officials so they can get the los set for the next play.

This affects the flow of the game and the officials have asked that they please stop doing that. How long do you think they will continue saying "please".

If receivers want to make complete asses of themselves because they think they are special for doing what they are paid to do fine. But to ignore the officials is pure stupidity from where I sit.

I also agree its a thing of perception from different sides of the game. Of course at my age I've seen many big plays and many big time players and you know what? You rarely saw any of them until recent years that tried to make it "about them" rather than about the team.

To me most of this sillyishness is comparable to all of you out there that do computer work standing up and rah-rahing yourself every time you sent an email. I think that would be dumb, how about you? Same thing here, they are just doing their job. If they want to celebrate after catching a TD I will go for that. But just the usual ho-hum catch, not so much.

Most of you haven't seen Dick Butkus play and understand he's considered the hardest hitting DB ever. And I can tell you he got up, from those plays, troted back to the huddle because he understood because he was just one of 11 guys doing his job

Yes we live in "me me" generation now but I accept your opinion that its fine for Golden Tate to make a 11 yard catch and ack like he just won the Super Bowl. So you need to accept my opinion that its childish.

Fair enough?

:141847_bnono:

:roll:

btw sorry for using a defensive player for an example. Would Steve Largent or Jerry Rice have acted like that? I rest my case. they were team players.
Les, Les...you KNOW I was messing with you, right?