So the Jets are going to "RATTLE" RW we will see.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Well they have to say something. They can't just say they are going to come in and lay down for him.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":23y8cyms said:
While it all makes sense in theory, there’s one problem with trying to rattle Russell Wilson: The kid doesn’t get rattled.

I think this says it all.

So does this:
“I definitely think I’ve improved a lot. I have to be honest with you; I like pressure just because there’s more green grass behind it. And if you make the play, there’s a lot of great things that can happen.” – Wilson on facing the blitz

drdiags

Reaction score
He got blitzed silly by the Cardinals and was still able to put the team in position in the end to win. The Jets need to do something to generate pass rush, since they aren't getting a lot of sacks. Pressures? Not sure about those. The first thing the Jets need to do is take away the run, so sounds like they plan to stack the box and bring pressure to see if the Rookie can handle it.

We will see how the plan works soon.

endzorn

Reaction score
So they shouldn't try to rattle him? What should their gameplan be then? Try to stop Giacomini?

suppaball

Reaction score
Its Rex Ryan he can be creative on D. Now I am not saying there plan will work but, they might throw some thing new his way.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
endzorn":4c3iprji said:
So they shouldn't try to rattle him? What should their gameplan be then? Try to stop Giacomini?
Always one of these in a thread

endzorn

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1dl4ovxi said:
endzorn":1dl4ovxi said:
I apologize.

The Jets better not try to rattle Wilson because he is super amazing and attempting to do what every team tries in every single game ever played will definitely backfire! Go Hawks!

Translation: this is a non-story.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
endzorn":jidm7ojd said:
-The Glove-":jidm7ojd said:
endzorn":jidm7ojd said:
I apologize.

The Jets better not try to rattle Wilson because he is super amazing and attempting to do what every team tries in every single game ever played will definitely backfire! Go Hawks!

Translation: this is a non-story.

Why so? You are applying an even broader sword than the Jets are. They are saying he's rookie and therefore easily rattled, so that would imply they think all rook QB's are easily rattled. We seem to have one of the few exceptions to that rule. Their comments seem to indicate that at least some of their players don't watch much game tape.

If they had said they're going to bring the pressure on Wilson without specifically mentioning the rookie aspect, that would have been different.

What should we interpret from your sarcastic remarks about RW? Have you been spending a lot of time with Hasselbeck? lately? :mrgreen:

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Why so? You are applying an even broader sword than the Jets are. They are saying he's rookie and therefore easily rattled, so that would imply they think all rook QB's are easily rattled. We seem to have one of the few exceptions to that rule. Their comments seem to indicate that at least some of their players don't watch much game tape.

If they had said they're going to bring the pressure on Wilson without specifically mentioning the rookie aspect, that would have been different.

What should we interpret from your sarcastic remarks about RW? Have you been spending a lot of time with Hasselbeck? lately?

This is exactly the point. Just because he is a rookie the Jets think he is going to get rattled like Gabbert does. They dont know RW, If they really had spent any time studying him they would say that alot differently.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Boy is our collective face going to be red if Seattle loses tomorrow.

The Radish

Reaction score
Its a common thing to blitz new QBs, look how long it took Matt to learn how to handle it.

But I have to say Wilson has ice water in his veins on the field. I think that he has advanced enough that blitzes, even delayed ones won't "rattle" him.

:les:

endzorn

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":oi40t49e said:

What should we interpret from your sarcastic remarks about RW? Have you been spending a lot of time with Hasselbeck? lately? :mrgreen:

Nothing. I love Wilson and I would snuggle his little midget bones. What I'm saying is that often people make something out of nothing.

This is akin to an article saying, "Jets Center plans on snapping ball against Seahawks", followed immediately by a post saying, "Their Center is an idiot...doesn't he know how good Brandon Mebane is?"

Teams try to rattle the opposing QB in every single game. Every. Single. Game. News at 11!

Hamhawk

Reaction score
Joey13091":12j6t3l1 said:
Sanchez will do so bad he finally gets pulled for tebow
that might not be a good thing,...we don't seem to play well against teams' second string QBs,...