Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:23 pm
  • If any of you guys & gals watch "Seahawks All Access" (on the Root sports channel), Wilson got off a good zinger this week....

    Right after Tate's second touchdown -- the one when he jumped into the end zone -- Bevell came over and leaned over to Tate and said, "not sure about that last decision to go high over the top".

    Tate responded "yeah" and something like "I thought he [defender] was going to go low".

    Wilson, sitting next to Tate, said "go low on you? You're tiny. You're smaller than me".

    Pretty funny.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7490
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:38 pm
  • That's awesome.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25190
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:45 pm
  • Smaller and more full of himself.

    He's been doing a great job but I hate players that act they won the championship of the world just because they caught a pass. And his twirling the ball deal that is pissing off the officials needs to stop.

    :roll:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18654
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:46 pm
  • It would be cool if RW had that kind of levity in his press conferences.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    User avatar
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator
     
    Posts: 10055
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:51 pm
    Location: With a white girl


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:29 pm
  • The Radish wrote:Smaller and more full of himself.

    He's been doing a great job but I hate players that act they won the championship of the world just because they caught a pass. And his twirling the ball deal that is pissing off the officials needs to stop.

    :roll:


    Reminds me of this tale that Steve Raible tells in his book Tales from the Seahawks sideline


    Tone it down, Rook

    Act like you've ben there before. Steve Largent preached those words consistently. Brian Blades got the message loud and clear following one of his first catches of his NFL career. Here was a kid from the university of Miami, which had a reputation for flamboyance anyway, going through all these wild gyrations following some simple catch.

    Brian Jumped up off the ground and spun the ball like some dice or something and did his dance. He even gave the old first down signal. And Largent came up behind him and grabbed him by the shoulder pads and literally threw him back to the huddle.

    Basically, in no uncertain terms, Steve told him right then how a professional was suppose to act

    "You know, you just did your job by making that catch. You did absolutely nothing special. When you do something special, then you can celebrate. Act like you've been there before'.

    Steve Largent never drew attention to himself except by what he did on the field. Not by extracurricular stuff, but with his excellence. He was a teacher by example, and every so often by getting in people's faces and saying, "This is how you preform. This is what you're supposed to do on a regular basis."

    I always thought that was the telling thing about Steve and how he earned the respect of his teammates. Everybody said Dave Krirg was the leader of that offense, but Steve was the guy by virtue of his excellence and through his actions.

    Brian Blades paid attention, too. I don't remember him doing much of that kind of celebrating after that. He was a clutch guy and a good team player. Brian became the kind of leader that Largent once was, helping to pass along some of those lessons.
    warden
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1936
    Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:31 pm


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:14 pm
  • The Radish wrote:Smaller and more full of himself.

    He's been doing a great job but I hate players that act they won the championship of the world just because they caught a pass. And his twirling the ball deal that is pissing off the officials needs to stop.

    :roll:

    I thought it was Rice doing the ball twirl after a catch. :229031_shrug:

    Either way, it does risk a delay of game penalty. It should stop.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

    SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    User avatar
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 10093
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Monroe, WA


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:32 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    The Radish wrote:Smaller and more full of himself.

    He's been doing a great job but I hate players that act they won the championship of the world just because they caught a pass. And his twirling the ball deal that is pissing off the officials needs to stop.

    :roll:

    I thought it was Rice doing the ball twirl after a catch. :229031_shrug:

    Either way, it does risk a delay of game penalty. It should stop.


    that's right. Rice does the Spin on the ball. All Tate usually does is drop to a knee and signal First Down.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2406
    Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:38 pm
  • The Radish wrote:Smaller and more full of himself.

    He's been doing a great job but I hate players that act they won the championship of the world just because they caught a pass. And his twirling the ball deal that is pissing off the officials needs to stop.

    :roll:


    Errr, you might have your players mixed up. That said, he is kinda prematurely full of himself. I remember him posting a link to his new website and 'store' promoting sales of items with his name on them by saying 'buy x amount of items and you and you'll get something personally signed by ME!'

    That was a bit sickening to me, so I sent a tweet that basically asked if he already think he's 'arrived.' Also asked if he needs a store because he's in the poor house. Predictably there was not response, and he could probably care less, but at least I got that off my chest :twisted:

    I like the fact that he hangs with Wilson though, because that is nothing but a good influence for him.
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2618
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:59 pm
  • Get off Tate's back, some of you look for any reason to criticize the kid. How does creating his own site and trying to profit off of his name make him full of himself?

    Do any of you say that about Marshawn whose sold Beast Mode shirts since Buffalo? Tate is having a breakout season in his 3rd year exactly when most other receivers do yet a lot of you want to keep acting like he's still some immature bust. Only mistake you can really criticize him for is the Top Pot thing
    User avatar
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 561
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:27 pm
  • Killa Kam wrote:Get off Tate's back, some of you look for any reason to criticize the kid. How does creating his own site and trying to profit off of his name make him full of himself?

    Do any of you say that about Marshawn whose sold Beast Mode shirts since Buffalo? Tate is having a breakout season in his 3rd year exactly when most other receivers do yet a lot of you want to keep acting like he's still some immature bust. Only mistake you can really criticize him for is the Top Pot thing


    I'll get off his back when he actually arrives. It wasn't until this off season that he finally realized that he has to put in some serious work to make it in the NFL rather than just relying on his talent. In choosing Russel Wilson as one of his closest friends, that's a great move in itself that should pay huge dividends.

    He's got what it takes to make it, but he needs to put an entire season together where his play is solid and needs to prove he can catch the friggen ball consistently against teams like the 49ers. That's not giving the rest of our WR's a pass on the same thing, but if he wants to be the man, he needs show it against our toughest of foes.

    Marshawn didn't give himself the Beast Mode nickname...the fans did...and Marsawn has been playing longer. Tate doesn't have such a thing to hang his hat on, so before he goes full bore into self promotion he needs to put a complete season together and let the numbers speak for themself. That means continuing to get better through practice and study, rather than crowing about how he's the best ping pong player on the team.
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2618
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:28 pm
  • jlwaters1 wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    The Radish wrote:Smaller and more full of himself.

    He's been doing a great job but I hate players that act they won the championship of the world just because they caught a pass. And his twirling the ball deal that is pissing off the officials needs to stop.

    :roll:

    I thought it was Rice doing the ball twirl after a catch. :229031_shrug:

    Either way, it does risk a delay of game penalty. It should stop.


    that's right. Rice does the Spin on the ball. All Tate usually does is drop to a knee and signal First Down.



    All the receivers were doing it for a while but the rest stopped. Rice and Tate were doing it and Rice had stopped for a while but Tate continues to do it throwing the ball away from the official.

    :141847_bnono:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18654
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:35 pm
  • I think the spin is cool, I tried for so loong to do it, I never could get it to work very well.
    To be fair, throwing the ball away from an official is a bit different from making the ball spin like a top. Are we talking about the same thing? Spin ball like top after TD?

    -SH
    User avatar
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1703
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:59 pm
    Location: Ballard


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:56 pm
  • SmokeyHawk wrote:I think the spin is cool, I tried for so loong to do it, I never could get it to work very well.
    To be fair, throwing the ball away from an official is a bit different from making the ball spin like a top. Are we talking about the same thing? Spin ball like top after TD?

    -SH



    Tate spins the ball away from himself everytime he makes a catch. Its really childish looking. Forces the official chase the ball to get it spotted for the next play.

    :les:
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18654
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:58 pm
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:
    Killa Kam wrote:Get off Tate's back, some of you look for any reason to criticize the kid. How does creating his own site and trying to profit off of his name make him full of himself?

    Do any of you say that about Marshawn whose sold Beast Mode shirts since Buffalo? Tate is having a breakout season in his 3rd year exactly when most other receivers do yet a lot of you want to keep acting like he's still some immature bust. Only mistake you can really criticize him for is the Top Pot thing


    I'll get off his back when he actually arrives. It wasn't until this off season that he finally realized that he has to put in some serious work to make it in the NFL rather than just relying on his talent. In choosing Russel Wilson as one of his closest friends, that's a great move in itself that should pay huge dividends.

    He's got what it takes to make it, but he needs to put an entire season together where his play is solid and needs to prove he can catch the friggen ball consistently against teams like the 49ers. That's not giving the rest of our WR's a pass on the same thing, but if he wants to be the man, he needs show it against our toughest of foes.

    Marshawn didn't give himself the Beast Mode nickname...the fans did...and Marsawn has been playing longer. Tate doesn't have such a thing to hang his hat on, so before he goes full bore into self promotion he needs to put a complete season together and let the numbers speak for themself. That means continuing to get better through practice and study, rather than crowing about how he's the best ping pong player on the team.


    When has his work ethic ever been questioned, I never once heard Pete or anybody else criticize him for it. He was a raw receiver coming into the league of course he wasnt going to have everything down instantly. Some of you just refuse to let the kid grow not everybody is a star from day 1, it seems to me some of you hold that against him.

    I understand wanting consistency and improvement but some of the criticism on Tate seems excessive. Doug Baldwin has dropped a gw td, and multiple key catches yet gets hardly any flack from any of you. Tate who dropped zero passes all of last year but lays an egg against against the 49ers like the rest of our offense but is the most blamed.

    I don't get what the ping pong thing proves or starting his own shirts proves, is he not allowed to make a non football statement until he's a great player. This reminds me of when some of you holding Aaron Curry's faith against him because he was such a bust, when it had nothing to with his onfield play. He's just the easy target or the ".NET Whipping Boy" like some of you like to say
    User avatar
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 561
    Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:26 pm
  • The Radish wrote:Smaller and more full of himself.

    He's been doing a great job but I hate players that act they won the championship of the world just because they caught a pass. And his twirling the ball deal that is pissing off the officials needs to stop.

    :roll:


    Its the little victories.
    Image
    User avatar
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 834
    Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:04 pm
    Location: Behind you


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:35 pm
  • Radish, I think it's actually Sidney Rice who spins the ball away from himself.
    User avatar
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 1874
    Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:30 pm
    Location: Lynnwood, WA


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:59 pm
  • [
    The Radish wrote: :roll:
    All the receivers were doing it for a while but the rest stopped. Rice and Tate were doing it and Rice had stopped for a while but Tate continues to do it throwing the ball away from the official.



    :141847_bnono: get it right Radish, RICE does it on a regular basis.
    Tate is the one that got fined for flatening a defender that had a bead on Wilson, and gathering accolades around here for doing so.

    Some of the fans around here seem to be the only ones who get pissed off about the spinning ball that RICE is doing.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3551
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 pm
  • I think the bitching about what the players do is kinda getting childish too. They are frikken entertainers playing a sport. The people who need to get over themselves are those who bitch about players needing to get over themselves. :mrgreen: :les:
    Image
    User avatar
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 8985
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:39 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:It would be cool if RW had that kind of levity in his press conferences.

    to quote your avitar "Bouncie Bouncie bouncie bounce!"
    Image
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    User avatar
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 2802
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:17 pm
    Location: Oroville CA.


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:11 am
  • Let's stop complaining about the guy who has scored TDs inside the 30 every chance he gets. Even if he is cocky, why does that matter to us if he is scoring?
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1574
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:15 am
  • Jazzhawk wrote:I think the bitching about what the players do is kinda getting childish too. They are frikken entertainers playing a sport. The people who need to get over themselves are those who bitch about players needing to get over themselves. :mrgreen: :les:


    Thanks for saying this, this is EXACTLY how I feel. There is probably a point where too much is too much, but when we are talking about ball spinning and first down signaling, I think some people need to relax. It's no different than a sack dance, and no one seems to complain about that. Besides, it has nothing to do with being a bad teammate or anything in that negative light. They are entertainers who love the game of football and are having fun out there. They can celebrate anyway they want as long as it's not drawing any flags.
    Image
    nategreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1336
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:36 am


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:38 am
  • nategreat wrote:
    Jazzhawk wrote:I think the bitching about what the players do is kinda getting childish too. They are frikken entertainers playing a sport. The people who need to get over themselves are those who bitch about players needing to get over themselves. :mrgreen: :les:


    Thanks for saying this, this is EXACTLY how I feel. There is probably a point where too much is too much, but when we are talking about ball spinning and first down signaling, I think some people need to relax. It's no different than a sack dance, and no one seems to complain about that. Besides, it has nothing to do with being a bad teammate or anything in that negative light. They are entertainers who love the game of football and are having fun out there. They can celebrate anyway they want as long as it's not drawing any flags.



    I agree somewhat with you. The part I'm mostly referring to is the spinning the ball on the ground away from the officials. By NFL rules you're supposed to hand/throw the ball to the officials so they can get the los set for the next play.

    This affects the flow of the game and the officials have asked that they please stop doing that. How long do you think they will continue saying "please".

    If receivers want to make complete asses of themselves because they think they are special for doing what they are paid to do fine. But to ignore the officials is pure stupidity from where I sit.

    I also agree its a thing of perception from different sides of the game. Of course at my age I've seen many big plays and many big time players and you know what? You rarely saw any of them until recent years that tried to make it "about them" rather than about the team.

    To me most of this sillyishness is comparable to all of you out there that do computer work standing up and rah-rahing yourself every time you sent an email. I think that would be dumb, how about you? Same thing here, they are just doing their job. If they want to celebrate after catching a TD I will go for that. But just the usual ho-hum catch, not so much.

    Most of you haven't seen Dick Butkus play and understand he's considered the hardest hitting DB ever. And I can tell you he got up, from those plays, troted back to the huddle because he understood because he was just one of 11 guys doing his job

    Yes we live in "me me" generation now but I accept your opinion that its fine for Golden Tate to make a 11 yard catch and ack like he just won the Super Bowl. So you need to accept my opinion that its childish.

    Fair enough?

    :141847_bnono:

    :roll:

    btw sorry for using a defensive player for an example. Would Steve Largent or Jerry Rice have acted like that? I rest my case. they were team players.
    Image
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    User avatar
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *
     
    Posts: 18654
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
    Location: Spokane, Wa.


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:54 am
  • Fellas, Tate is simply a little immature, he'll grow out of it.
    User avatar
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3535
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:16 pm
    Location: Huntsville, Al


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:39 am
  • mistaowen wrote:Let's stop complaining about the guy who has scored TDs inside the 30 every chance he gets. Even if he is cocky, why does that matter to us if he is scoring?

    Same reason that people were turned off by Shaun Alexander.

    Some people want their entertainers act a specific way and when they stray from that it bothers them. The belief is that if you are playful in your craft you don't take it seriously. I always choose production over antics myself.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

    Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

    "YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    User avatar
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4207
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:42 pm
    Location: Pacific Ocean


Re: Haha -- Wilson (Seahawks All Access)
Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:01 am
  • The Radish wrote:
    nategreat wrote:
    Jazzhawk wrote:I think the bitching about what the players do is kinda getting childish too. They are frikken entertainers playing a sport. The people who need to get over themselves are those who bitch about players needing to get over themselves. :mrgreen: :les:


    Thanks for saying this, this is EXACTLY how I feel. There is probably a point where too much is too much, but when we are talking about ball spinning and first down signaling, I think some people need to relax. It's no different than a sack dance, and no one seems to complain about that. Besides, it has nothing to do with being a bad teammate or anything in that negative light. They are entertainers who love the game of football and are having fun out there. They can celebrate anyway they want as long as it's not drawing any flags.



    I agree somewhat with you. The part I'm mostly referring to is the spinning the ball on the ground away from the officials. By NFL rules you're supposed to hand/throw the ball to the officials so they can get the los set for the next play.

    This affects the flow of the game and the officials have asked that they please stop doing that. How long do you think they will continue saying "please".

    If receivers want to make complete asses of themselves because they think they are special for doing what they are paid to do fine. But to ignore the officials is pure stupidity from where I sit.

    I also agree its a thing of perception from different sides of the game. Of course at my age I've seen many big plays and many big time players and you know what? You rarely saw any of them until recent years that tried to make it "about them" rather than about the team.

    To me most of this sillyishness is comparable to all of you out there that do computer work standing up and rah-rahing yourself every time you sent an email. I think that would be dumb, how about you? Same thing here, they are just doing their job. If they want to celebrate after catching a TD I will go for that. But just the usual ho-hum catch, not so much.

    Most of you haven't seen Dick Butkus play and understand he's considered the hardest hitting DB ever. And I can tell you he got up, from those plays, troted back to the huddle because he understood because he was just one of 11 guys doing his job

    Yes we live in "me me" generation now but I accept your opinion that its fine for Golden Tate to make a 11 yard catch and ack like he just won the Super Bowl. So you need to accept my opinion that its childish.

    Fair enough?

    :141847_bnono:

    :roll:

    btw sorry for using a defensive player for an example. Would Steve Largent or Jerry Rice have acted like that? I rest my case. they were team players.

    Les, Les...you KNOW I was messing with you, right?
    Image
    User avatar
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 8985
    Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:16 pm




It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online