I see why Peterson got loose on the 74 yard run

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Just watched the replay at .com and see that one of our players tried to undercut him on the sideline and he simply stepped over him, cut left and was gone. Put his arms out and tackled him there that run is over in about 5 yards.

Breaks my heart the failing of our tackling most of the first half.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• If I remember correctly, that player was KJ Wright who, I believe, suffered his concussion 1 or 2 plays before that (taking on the FB). I'm not sure if he was right in the head for that play.

No excuses for the rest of the team, though.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I assumed KJ got the concussion from that play as he reached out, AP cut back and KJ ended up taking out the persuing defender (Red I think) from the legs. I thought Red, in that mash up, may have kneed KJ in the head.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• Recon_Hawk wrote:If I remember correctly, that player was KJ Wright who, I believe, suffered his concussion 1 or 2 plays before that (taking on the FB). I'm not sure if he was right in the head for that play.

Nope, it was Mike Morgan who REPLACED KJ the play before.

Richard Sherman was actually in position to make a play and was moving towards the tackle, but he was held by the back of the jersey - couldn't believe it wasn't called at the time.
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Starter

• sturg78 wrote:I assumed KJ got the concussion from that play as he reached out, AP cut back and KJ ended up taking out the persuing defender (Red I think) from the legs. I thought Red, in that mash up, may have kneed KJ in the head.

It's possible, but if you go back and rewatch the play before (first play of the game, I think), KJ takes on the FB in the hole and right after you can tell he's hurt or not feeling right. Clemons noticed it to and waved to the bench a couple of times pointing at KJ, but Wright waived them off. Tough SOB, KJ is.

Chrome_Seahawk wrote:
    Recon_Hawk wrote:If I remember correctly, that player was KJ Wright who, I believe, suffered his concussion 1 or 2 plays before that (taking on the FB). I'm not sure if he was right in the head for that play.

Nope, it was Mike Morgan who REPLACED KJ the play before.

Richard Sherman was actually in position to make a play and was moving towards the tackle, but he was held by the back of the jersey - couldn't believe it wasn't called at the time.

My internet connection is shitty, so the video is blurry, but I'm 99.9% sure the link below shows KJ on the field. Wearing #50 playing SAM
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vik ... -74-yd-run

And I agree with the Sherman hold that wasn't called. Refs blew that one.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, Wright was still in there. You can see him trailing the play.

@SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• My buddy Bill the blue thunder just pointed out to me I had put lose rather than loose. Boy did I deserve the crap he gave me.

He can't wait to get after me cause he knows I prefer his lovely wife Debbie to him 37,000 to 1

Thanks Bill

:D
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• someone held Sherman for sure.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• The Radish wrote:My buddy Bill the blue thunder just pointed out to me I had put lose rather than loose. Boy did I deserve the crap he gave me.

He can't wait to get after me cause he knows I prefer his lovely wife Debbie to him 37,000 to 1

Thanks Bill

lmao! I always tell Deb what you write about her, and she always reacts the same way... A "pffft", followed by :roll:

:lol:
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• KJ got dinged by Red on the sideline for sure.. hip/knee to the head on that play on the sidelines..

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

• BlueThunder wrote:
    The Radish wrote:My buddy Bill the blue thunder just pointed out to me I had put lose rather than loose. Boy did I deserve the crap he gave me.

Thanks Bill

lmao! I always tell Deb what you write about her, and she always reacts the same way... A "pffft", followed by :roll:

:lol:

I'm crushed, another of life's dreams snuffed by a woman.

:cry:
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• I thought, when I first saw the play, and in most replays that I have seen, that I saw Sherman getting held on that play, and it looked to me like if he hadn't, he would have been in a good spot to nudge Peterson out of bounds.

Anyone else see this?
    Dismas
    NET Starter

• Dismas wrote:I thought, when I first saw the play, and in most replays that I have seen, that I saw Sherman getting held on that play, and it looked to me like if he hadn't, he would have been in a good spot to nudge Peterson out of bounds.

Anyone else see this?

Nonsense. Everyone knows that Peterson gained the yards he did because our run D sucks. That's been made crystal clear here in the last week.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• I thought Sherman slipped when I watched that in real-time on Sunday night.
    That's pretty blatant holding though, even if he hadn't got the tackle in or pushed him out of bounds, he'd have slowed him enough that he wouldn't have taken out Red and KJ with what was an admittedly sweet cutback
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• I think that play in particular was at the top of Pete's mind when he mentioned on the B&S show about having to get back to the fundamentals; proper footwork being one thing he mentioned specifically. That big play felt like it was dead in the water a couple of times but because of guys playing too aggressively and overpursuing ADP to the sideline he was able to make a sick cutback and use their aggressiveness against them (being the boss athleate he is).

With a guy like ADP, you really need to breakdown and let him come to you then wrap up with proper form and technique. You may cede an additional yard or three that way as he bowls over you (and you won't be on Sportscenter with a highlight reel de-cleater), but at least he'll be on the ground where he can't uncork a 70 yard run on your ass (and put you on Sportscenter in the bad way).
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• That sideline cut was unreal. Did he REALLY tear his ACL less than 12 months ago?

I don't think our tackling is poor...but it sure looked like it on that play. (aaaand a few others that game) AP is a special talent though, sometimes big players make big plays.
    MRH72
    NET Practice Squad

• Sometimes you tip your cap and realize that your opponent is that good. AP is THAT GOOD.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Yea, I saw someone getting held that play, and hollering at the refs about it, but I couldn't tell the number in real time.

There's usually holding on every play, but that one was in space and at the point of attack. Almost as bad as missing a dead ball delay of game penalty on a FG.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Alan Branch also got owned by that AP stiff arm. The play should have ended right there.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

• The Radish wrote:Just watched the replay at .com and see that one of our players tried to undercut him on the sideline and he simply stepped over him, cut left and was gone. Put his arms out and tackled him there that run is over in about 5 yards.

Breaks my heart the failing of our tackling most of the first half.

Yeah I agree, the tackling that game wasn't our D's usual, nor was the Dline play (Vikes Oline isn't necessarily swiss cheese of course, but we weren't playing on all cylinders this game).

I would also agree though that if you don't fence up AP he's going to make you pay with YAC all day long. Shoulder pops and arm tackles are not gonna get that done.

Rewatched the game again late-night for fun and know this D plays better than that.
    Also, I feel THIS was actually RW's best game to date (not in terms of numbers). Very cool to watch.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information