Russell Wilson leaving love notes in his wr's lockers

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Bipolar":2vz0scnt said:
RW seriously makes me want to freaking vomit.

way to take his personal responsibilities as a QB and take it to the extreme, squaring and quadrupling it. borderline douchy.

If I was left notes on how I should be doing my job and what to look out for, especially by a rookie, I'd probably kick his sorry ass.
Eb6

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Bipolar":20df9krf said:

way to take his personal responsibilities as a QB and take it to the extreme, squaring and quadrupling it. borderline douchy.

If I was left notes on how I should be doing my job and what to look out for, especially by a rookie, I'd probably kick his sorry ass.

It's a good thing your not his teammate. I would have been taken aback by it at first. But then would have seen the value in his efforts. I beleive this is what Rice when through:
“I was a little surprised at first, but he always does it now,” veteran receiver Sidney Rice said. “That means he’s already studied the film. It’s a big help to all the receivers. You know what you’re going up against. He’s got the details on all the corners – who he thinks can be beat, what plays might work against which players. So it’s really good.”

Steve2222

Reaction score

You're being sarcastic right?

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Bipolar":yhigxrz3 said:

lol, you're silly.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Bipolar":3njqcvvn said:

Me too. I've always assumed the type of player who studies lots of films and is looking for ways to exploit the opponent so the team wins is an awful, selfish, arrogant git.

Gifted1

Reaction score
Love the kids work ethic.

Makes me wonder what the Raiders lockeroom was like when they drafted Russel. Jamarcus Russel.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
"Do you enjoy long walks on the beach?

[]yes []no []maybe"

In all seriousness though, I think we struck gold at quarterback. The guy is only a year or two older than me, but he's my idol.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
drdiags":2o8l5k38 said:
You had to wonder how the vets took to this type of behavior. It's one thing if you are the #1 overall pick but until you show it on the field they probably thought he was a little cocky. Which isn't a bad thing but results do sway you as you get to know if you can depend on a team mate. Listening to Unger on KIRO yesterday, it sounds like he and Wilson have gotten a good feel for one another. Early in the season I got the impression Unger wasn't use to Wilson's leadership style. Unger interaction back then with Wilson seemed like the recent video clip of Lynch and Carroll talking on the sidelines.
The vets better damn well get onboard with it. I think they have. Rice saying he was "surprised" might a code word for "pissed off". I don't think it matters if he was a high pick. What matters is Wilson performing and the team winning - which is what is starting to happen. If he was sucking wind out there the receivers would tell him to shove his stinking notes.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think it is more surprised in the fact that he may not have ever had a QB take the game to a Manning level before. If Wilson was 6'4" and did this everyone would think he was Brady like, because he is not and he is working hard to get every advantage and get his receivers and teamates on the same page so learning curve during tema film study is better used during position meetings it's a great time saver. He's already on next weeks game plan before the coaches.

This is what seperates average from HOF players, the extra stuff. Going forward every player is going to know who is the leader and hardest worker on this team, as he gets more years under his belt I can see him being a no bullshit leader holding his teamates accountable.

chawx

Reaction score
The kid is living for football and for his team. Notice how after every. single. interview. whether it be with National or Local media, he'll say "GO HAWKS!" I f'in love it!! I want the QB on my team to love and care about my team as much as I do as a fan!! Maybe he didn't grow up a Seahawks fan, but the dude is a huge Seahawks fan right now.

Plus, he's got light years of potential, and doesn't at all seem phased by any situation. He's also gotta be the smartest kid coming out of college I know. He knows if he makes football and the Seahawks his life, for 10-12-13-15-20 years he'll have forged a future for himself in which his family, his kids, and his kids-kids, will never have to work a day in their life. You can just see when you look at him, that he sees something in the future of where he wants to be, and what he wants to accomplish in his life, and I don't really see anyone getting in the way of that dream.

There's no doubt that I'll be rooting for him every second he's the QB of my team.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
JonRud":250zh0s7 said:
Completely admit I am 100% sold on Wilson now. I was in the Flynn camp all through August/Sep...but I could not be more impressed by Wilson's improvement, demeanor & preparation. I think we have our QB for the next decade.

With all the talk about his height, I think in many ways it works to his advantage. Defenders are not used to such a small QB, and he can 'duck & hide' back there, and they don't know where he's going to pop up next!

Very exciting.
You ever hang out at Top Pot downtown? That's the coolest coffee house in Seattle.

509hawk

Reaction score
chawx":e8y7nfhn said:
The kid is living for football and for his team. Notice how after every. single. interview. whether it be with National or Local media, he'll say "GO HAWKS!" I f'in love it!! I want the QB on my team to love and care about my team as much as I do as a fan!! Maybe he didn't grow up a Seahawks fan, but the dude is a huge Seahawks fan right now.

Plus, he's got light years of potential, and doesn't at all seem phased by any situation. He's also gotta be the smartest kid coming out of college I know. He knows if he makes football and the Seahawks his life, for 10-12-13-15-20 years he'll have forged a future for himself in which his family, his kids, and his kids-kids, will never have to work a day in their life. You can just see when you look at him, that he sees something in the future of where he wants to be, and what he wants to accomplish in his life, and I don't really see anyone getting in the way of that dream.

There's no doubt that I'll be rooting for him every second he's the QB of my team.

Great post! I agree 100% :179422:

debevemos

Reaction score
Definitely another encouraging sign for RW, he seems like the complete package. Seeing his ability to adapt and correct mistakes, you can't help but be excited for the future. The best part about it, is this is 10 games into year 1... I am very optimistic about seeing him blossom in year 2 and 3!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
It's really confidence inspiring to see that what says at his press conferences is not just cliches borrowed from somewhere. The note dropping actually is 'making everyone around you better,' but it's not only that. By reading those notes, his WRs can get on the same page with him by knowing what he's thinking when he sees different formations and personnel...and if they see it differently they can discuss that. It also is the starting point or catalyst for discussions about 'if this happens, which we way will you go or what will you do' type of scenario talks.

Add-in the fact that he sits down with Unger to talk about line adjustments and you can clearly see how he's trying to elevate everyone's play across the entire offense. Not necissarily by focusing on the weaker individuals, but by getting everyone to communicate better so they can sing from the same sheet of music.

It just boggles my mind that he's doing this as a rook.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":18wqy6wy said:
It's really confidence inspiring to see that what says at his press conferences is not just cliches borrowed from somewhere. The note dropping actually is 'making everyone around you better,' but it's not only that. By reading those notes, his WRs can get on the same page with him by knowing what he's thinking when he sees different formations and personnel...and if they see it differently they can discuss that. It also is the starting point or catalyst for discussions about 'if this happens, which we way will you go or what will you do' type of scenario talks.

Add-in the fact that he sits down with Unger to talk about line adjustments and you can clearly see how he's trying to elevate everyone's play across the entire offense. Not necissarily by focusing on the weaker individuals, but by getting everyone to communicate better so they can sing from the same sheet of music.

It just boggles my mind that he's doing this as a rook.

I agree, you hear about some vets doing this but i doubt any of them were doing them as rookies. Russell's maturity and work ethic are incredible for any player let alone a rookie. I dont know if you all have twitter or follow him but on Tuesdays- aka the players day offs - he visits patients at childrens hospital; Russell's a special dude and I'm glad he's our qb

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":18a5z6tb said:
"Do you enjoy long walks on the beach?

[]yes []no []maybe"

In all seriousness though, I think we struck gold at quarterback. The guy is only a year or two older than me, but he's my idol.

He's a few years younger than me and he's my idol! He's such an inspiration.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Bipolar":3fd7uro3 said:

You need to chill, he's doing the types of things Peyton Manning does, you telling me you wouldn't want to play with Peyton Manning if you were a WR? Outta here with that mess, dude.

You make me want to vomit with those stupid green jerseys in your sig.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Steve2222":10iv9iah said:
Bipolar":10iv9iah said:

You're being sarcastic right?
When I glanced at that before I actually read it, I thought it said;

"If I left notes on how I should be doing my job and what to look out for, especially as a rookie, I'd probably kick my sorry ass."

I like my way better.

If I left notes on how I should be doing my job and what to look out for, especially as a rookie, I'd probably kick my sorry ass.

Much funnier.