Jeremy Lane on Special Teams

themunn

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":2ui45ktv said:
SharkHawk":2ui45ktv said:
Asked a question? Yes I did. Please respond. You like to challenge me it seems. I'm challenging you. Post some facts so we can determine how "horrible" Trufant is. If you're going to make that kind of statement, I think being challenged to provide statistical proof isn't out of line.

Not every retort is a challenge. . . who thinks like that? Is this the wild west or seahawks forum? lulz.

Either way, you are right (simmer down ego). Trufant played well last game. According to PFF: "He gave up a penalty, but after that Marcus Trufant allowed only three of four passes into his coverage, for 9 yards."

Completion rate was crap, and its hard to say if those were 1st down receptions (i dont remember) but 9 yards is pretty meager.

3 out of 4 sounds bad, but when they're for an average of 3 yards each, you'll be hard pressed to find many corners who will break them up - get too close to the WR and he'll burn you if he makes the catch, so you let them catch for 2-3 yards and prevent them going any further. That's perfect play in the slot.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I have a solution to all this angst about our slot corner. We should find some NFL coaches and personnel guys who have managed to put together a really good secondary and then see if they will consult on our defensive backfield. Or have we already done that?

Our experts have decided that Tru has enough left in the tank to play a key role in one of the best secondaries in the NFL. At some point that will no longer be the case, but do you really think this coaching staff is going to be playing "terrible" corners anytime soon? Like maybe they just forgot about the slot corner because they were too busy planning their Halloween costumes?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I'm so stupid.... apologies to jkitsune, I quoted the wrong post! I was trying to talk to somebody else that has been giving me the business for a while and was horsing around and just accidentally quoted the wrong post. My fault entirely. Jkitsune is a great asset to this board and has never been anything but super nice to me. My apologies for responding to the wrong post and coming off as a total buffoon. I know it's about par for the course for me, but I still wanted to apologize.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2cybllp5 said:
I'm so stupid.... apologies to jkitsune, I quoted the wrong post! I was trying to talk to somebody else that has been giving me the business for a while and was horsing around and just accidentally quoted the wrong post. My fault entirely. Jkitsune is a great asset to this board and has never been anything but super nice to me. My apologies for responding to the wrong post and coming off as a total buffoon. I know it's about par for the course for me, but I still wanted to apologize.
I was smart enough to figure out you were talking about T-Sizzle. Do I get anything?

OP
OP
H

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
Farnsworth with an article on Lane's special team's prowess.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... d77e2726db

At the snap of the ball, the player lined up across from Jeremy Lane goes for the jam, but ends up with a whiff. Quicker than you can say, “Punt downed at the 6-yard line,” that’s exactly what Lane has done.

This blink-and-you-missed-it sequence happened on Jon Ryan’s only punt in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s 30-20 victory over the Minnesota Vikings at CenturyLink Field. But as much of a flash as Lane was in racing down field to pin the Vikings near their own goal line, it was not a flash-in-the-pan effort.

The week before in Detroit, Lane made like Willie Mays with an over-the-shoulder basket catch of a 42-yarder by Ryan at the Lions’ 4-yard line.

As easy as the Seahawks’ rookie cornerback is making this look, downing punts inside the 10-yard line is anything but easy.