Gameday Tailgating

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Gameday Tailgating
Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:50 am
  • I appologize if this subject has been beaten to death, but I was wondering what everyone recommends for tailgating on game day and what is a good time to arrive? The seahawks.com site only shows one spot for tailgates.
    glucas11
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Gameday Tailgating
Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:02 pm
  • Its talked about every week, no problem. Some onsite know of some places but the City of Seattle has really hurt everyone's chance to enjoy a harmless fan favorite.

Hope fully someone here can come up with something for you. And Welcome to Seahawks.net

:th2thumbs:

p.s. I'm also moving this to the main forum so it will get better coverage.
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:13 pm
  • The only real tail gating you will find is in the various off-site parking areas near the stadium. Just find one loaded down with Hawks fans and join in.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:36 pm
  • Get there by 7am and start driving around the stadium.

I think there is a very small part of the North parking lot still open so I would check there first.

7am, 7am, 7am

Did I say 7am?

Have fun, weather looks to be chilly but dry.

Go Hawks!!!
    For those that choose to attend the temple "QWEST" bring your best and be LOUD.

The opposition has no hope!!
    12HawkFan
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:24 pm
  • I remember when you could get there around 10AM and you'd be golden... now you have to get their super early to get something within walking distance with a sensible buzz.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:06 pm
  • On first ave on the other side of safeco next to the tracks there are plenty of places and lots of tailgaters ,pop up tents,beer pong and sack toss tables , even people who bring tents,big screens and tarp off areas where they set up their chairs to watch pregame and the other games in progress
    I think thats what you're after
    Don't quote me on first ave but it is easy to find if you go to the east side of safeco, it starts under the off ramp from the freeway that goes to their parking lot and goes about 6 or 7 blocks
    There are a lot of others but this is easy to find
    ENJOY
    twelfman
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:50 pm
  • twelfman wrote:On first ave on the other side of safeco next to the tracks there are plenty of places and lots of tailgaters ,pop up tents,beer pong and sack toss tables , even people who bring tents,big screens and tarp off areas where they set up their chairs to watch pregame and the other games in progress
    I think thats what you're after
    Don't quote me on first ave but it is easy to find if you go to the east side of safeco, it starts under the off ramp from the freeway that goes to their parking lot and goes about 6 or 7 blocks
    There are a lot of others but this is easy to find
    ENJOY

Isn't that the place they used to call Tail Gate Heaven?

I think the city closed it. We went there a couple of times years ago and it was fantastic. People there that set up TVs and watched the game from there.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:32 pm
  • Its still there and so are about a thousand other people
    twelfman
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:36 pm
  • The North lot is prime ground as it is right in front of the stadium. However parking is limited, expensive (around $40 and more for RV) and inconvenient (can't start tailgating early). There are a few lots that accept tailgaters but you must be attentive to their rules. The best small lot I've found is on holgate across the street from the office supply store (nice staff and bathrooms). If you are looking for a budget friendly option street parking is usually free. Like many have said the area on first Ave is nice with lots of good tailgate action. There is also a good area near the railroad tracks just off holgate and 4th. There are several blocks with a similar environment to what you will find on first. Seattle is not a great tailgating location, but I hope this helps you find a good place to have a good time!
    "Watch your step, look both ways, and change your passwords." -free safety advice from Earl Thomas
    Husky Seahawk
    NET Rookie

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information