PFF race for rookie of the year

themunn

Reaction score
Pstark3":9lnczgop said:
themunn":9lnczgop said:
What is Luck doing better than Wilson exactly?
He's playing for a worse team than him, granted. I mean it's not like he's got a 3-time All-Pro to throw to like Wilson does. Wait...
he's winning games with a team that last year won 2 games

And Wilson's winning games with a team that last year won 7 games, and similarly not losing games to the likes of the Jaguars (and hopefully Jets).
Not to mention of course that Luck has had the benefit of 5 home games to 3 road games compared to Wilson's 5 road games and 4 home games (all of which he's won, of course)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Pstark3":20yu32vr said:
ROY right now? Luck.

ROY by the end of the season? If he keeps getting better at the pace he has been, then it should be Wilson.

Not unless Andrew Luck, RG3, Alfred Morris, and Doug Martin get hit by a bus.

Wilson is doing well. He won't have the pub or the stats to win ROY.

Need further proof? Lofa Tatupu had great stats on a SUPER BOWL team and still didn't win DROY back in 2005. Shawne Merriman did. It's about flash. Wilson isn't flashy. Statistically speaking, think of Wilson like an Alex Smith .. once in awhile Smith will have a great passing day - but usually he's just "good".. good wins football games, it doesn't win awards.

Luck? RG3? Martin? These guys have GREAT numbers. A 400 yard passing game, a 200/100 game for a QB, a 250+ and 4 game for a RB.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":1nhoo2f9 said:
I think Luck is the real deal. I like the play of all the rookie QBs, even Weeden. Given a choice I would take Luck. I think he would survive a coaching change because of his skills. Wilson is evolving in the Seahawks offense and expectations are he will only get better. The question is would a change in the coaching staff cause him not to be valued as much by the next regime? Considering the backlash from the NFL conventional thinking folks, Wilson's skillset may not be as appreciated in another system.

Pure speculation on my part, just an idea on how circumstances can make or break a player's career.

Got to consider what Moon had to say about the restraints put on Wilson.

Luck is the real deal, but so is Wilson.

If Wilson were under different Coaching, I don't believe he'd change his determination, nor would it detract from his over all play capabilities, the guy's just a gamer, and in fact, I believe that he would make another Coach look better, BECAUSE of his "Skillset".
I think Luck will get to the top of the heap, but I think that when he does, he'll be looking across the board at Wilson.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Pstark3 he's winning games with a team that last year won 2 games[/quote said:
when a team plays shitty enough to have only two wins (suck for Luck), the only way from there is UP. :16:

Sac

Reaction score
RW is on the verge of serious pub though. When Rex Ryan blitzes constantly on Sunday and gets burned for 70% completions and 4 TD's we'll start seeing some love.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":11sfc2wl said:
RW is on the verge of serious pub though. When Rex Ryan blitzes constantly on Sunday and gets burned for 70% completions and 4 TD's we'll start seeing some love.

Nah.. if anything everyone will speak of what a train wreck the Jets have become.

Truth is, Wilson probably contends for ROY any other year with a winning record and a solid TD/INT ratio + completion percentage - this years class is just heavily stacked with talent. You're looking at one bonafide elite QB (Luck), two guys who can become that (RG3 and Tannehill), potentially great RB's (Richardson, Morris and Martin), elite talent on the OL (Kalil), and then.. Wilson.. who is having a really good year for a rookie too.

Unlike Luck, RG3 and Tannehill though.. Wilson can win with 180 and 3. He's got the supporting cast to do so. And in the end that's really all that matters.

suppaball

Reaction score
2. Russell Wilson, QB, SEA (+15.0)

While other rookies got all the press this week, the performance of Wilson was shamefully overlooked. He was near flawless against the Vikings and makes mockery of not just where he was drafted, but of his rookie status.

I like this.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
All that really matters is we continue to talk things to death and make sure that we don't agree.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
SacHawk,

I have a real hard time reading your post due to my eyes being drawn to the left constantly.... :p