Russell Wilson

skater18000

Reaction score
What Russell Wilson is doing, is beating the blitzes, the zones, and the man to man match-ups. Its called shredding the defense, much like the best quarterbacks in the league (Brady, Brees, Rodgers and P.Manning) do it all the time. RUSSELL WILSON IS SHREDDING THE DEFENSE. When Russell found Sidney Rice for his touchdown, Russell was about to take off and run. Instead he found Sidney vs. man against Minnesota's linebacker with his back turned and Sidney Rice was wide open. He has made Sidney Rice look really good as of late (even though he was good already). Russell and Sidney have made a strong connection to be threatening down the field vs. The different coverages out their (cover 1, cover 2, cover 3, quarters and the blitzes)

For Tate, he is working defenses over. The bubble screens are working well, but I really like the way he matches up he is getting vs. Man cover. When he caught the first touchdown he just burned the Vikings db across the field, and Wilson put that ball in the perfect spot. Also had a nice throw and catch between the two of them on 3 and 9, on an out route vs off man coverage Tate made a nice grab.

Baldwin's close to breaking out because we saw him last year and we have seen the flashes this year too and he has looked good thus far.

Miller is outstanding (enough said).

Russell Wilson looked phenomenal last game and hope to see many similar performances for years to come.

Better post???

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
IMO Wilson has looked SMART and poised in the pocket, but lets give him a couple years before making him truly special. (see Newton,Cam for why I say this.)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Yes. Better post. Early favorite for "Most Improved Poster" in Sachawks .Net Awawds Show.

And... love me some Russell Wilson. I hope you're right about Baldwin, we could use another weapon to step up.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
Nope, I was never sold on Cam Newton. Do you know why? Because Carolina won 6 freaking games. Russell Wilson should have at least 6 wins right now. If we win any one of those games (specifically Arizona, Detroit or stl. Rams) and we are sitting at 6 - 3 then no doubt, that he is special and he is the best rookie quarterback.

Throwdown

Reaction score
skater18000":10oh675u said:
Nope, I was never sold on Cam Newton. Do you know why? Because Carolina won 6 freaking games. Russell Wilson should have at least 6 wins right now. If we win any one of those games (specifically Arizona, Detroit or stl. Rams) and we are sitting at 6 - 3 then no doubt, that he is special and he is the best rookie quarterback.

Yes, because in your rookie year no matter the circumstances of the team around you, you should ALWAYS go to the playoffs in your first year or you're a bust.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
JSeahawks":prvacvah said:
Yes. Better post. Early favorite for "Most Improved Poster" in Sachawks .Net Awawds Show.

And... love me some Russell Wilson. I hope you're right about Baldwin, we could use another weapon to step up.

Baldwin's really close!!! Remember who told you that when he has a breakout performance!!!!

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
Throwdown":1s9bi4rd said:
skater18000":1s9bi4rd said:

Yes, because in your rookie year no matter the circumstances of the team around you, you should ALWAYS go to the playoffs in your first year or you're a bust.

Not true at all, a loser playing good doesn't tell you whether the qb is good or not, but a good qb on a winning team will tell you how good he is. Things won't fall apart on Russell #3, unless all of a sudden Tate becomes T.O...

Throwdown

Reaction score
skater18000":1916ldr3 said:
Throwdown":1916ldr3 said:
skater18000":1916ldr3 said:

Not true at all, a loser playing good doesn't tell you whether the qb is good or not, but a good qb on a winning team will tell you how good he is. Things won't fall apart on Russell #3, unless all of a sudden Tate becomes T.O...

Huh?!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
skater18000":1sjy77l3 said:
Throwdown":1sjy77l3 said:
skater18000":1sjy77l3 said:

Double huh?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
skater18000":1xtmb6ms said:

Peyton Manning's a crap QB because he had three wins in his rookie year.

Oh, wait...

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
If a rookie qb plays good/bad or the team does bad, it doesn't tell you anything specific.

If a rookie qb plays good and the team wins games, it should tell you that you're quarterback is good and the only counterexample is Mark Sanchez

Are we clear?

Ray74

Reaction score
I havent been his biggest fan but that is quickly changing....
One difference from Cam Newton for example is that last year all Defenses were vanilla ............ Since they didn't have training camp etc teams were using basic packages hence 4000 plus from Cam and 5000 from 3 others and many 4700 plus.

This years is different but still the sophmore slump is a thing to keep an eye out for.... I just see him too focus and his preparation is beyond his years

Throwdown

Reaction score
skater18000":20jyy1zb said:
If a rookie qb plays good/bad or the team does bad, it doesn't tell you anything specific.

If a rookie qb plays good and the team wins games, it should tell you that you're quarterback is good and the only counterexample is Mark Sanchez

Are we clear?

No, we're even cloudier than before now.

Cam Newton went out there last season and tore ish up, and his defense was god awful, how do you expect any rookie to go out and win a shoot out week in and week out? thats insanity.

This year he's off to a slow start, but you can't predict the outcome the rest of the season.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
Cam Newton played us and looked terrifying

Russell Wilson played Carolina and tore it up as I remember 19/25 76% completion percentage and the 2 ints were bad but he outplayed a 1st overall pick like he is out playing luck tannehill and rg3 and weeden thus far in this season clearly.

Basically I'm standing up for my guy Russell Wilson and you guys aren't sold I guess because I'm all in with Russell Wilson.

Super bowl ready qb clearly!!!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
skater18000":8ynkaany said:
Cam Newton played us and looked terrifying

Russell Wilson played Carolina and tore it up as I remember 19/25 76% completion percentage and the 2 ints were bad but he outplayed a 1st overall pick like he is out playing luck tannehill and rg3 and weeden thus far in this season clearly.

Other than Tom Brady or Matt Stafford we've made 'em look horrendous. The defense is that good, lets not downplay that.

BWRyan

Reaction score
I think the terms "tore up" and "shredded" are being used pretty loosely here. Everybody's happy w/ RW's development, but he's far from being somebody defenses are truly worried about.

CANHawk

Reaction score
skater18000":2avm4tcy said:
Throwdown":2avm4tcy said:
skater18000":2avm4tcy said:

So, Tate becoming a perennial All Pro record setting future hall of fame wide reciever would... be... bad...?

Derp?

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
Very true. But go back to the game tapes he had people open.

Lets put it this way right now, Russell Wilson could beat are defense if he had to play them and cam newton could not.

OP
OP
skater18000

skater18000

Reaction score
Not true at all, a loser playing good doesn't tell you whether the qb is good or not, but a good qb on a winning team will tell you how good he is. Things won't fall apart on Russell #3, unless all of a sudden Tate becomes T.O...[/quote]

So, Tate becoming a perennial All Pro record setting future hall of fame wide reciever would... be... bad...?

Derp?[/quote[/quote]

I mean if he turns into drop everything T.O like Tate played vs. The 49ers, but he wont...