PFF race for rookie of the year

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
PFF race for rookie of the year
Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:42 am

Re: PFF race for rookie of the year
Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:55 am
  • Also, they have Irvin and Wagner in their 'ones to watch' list. Amazing.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:07 am
  • It's looking more and more like this Hawks draft class may be the best overall in our history. Time will tell.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:19 am
  • Notice that Coples is not even mentioned...?
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:02 am
  • Depends how well Russell #3 plays because luck and rg3 are a bit overrated if u ask me (compared to Russell #3).
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:05 am
  • I have watched Luck play, the man is going be amazing! He has all the skills and only ONE weapon right now with a terrible run game. Oh and he just smoked a pretty good Phin D for over 400 yards and a rookie record... so I think he is the real deal. RG3 I am not sold on scrambling QB's in the NFL as they seem be injury prone.
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:07 am
  • Luck is unreal, in fact, looks even better than I thought he would at this point.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:09 am
  • Very true, but I've seen luck do the stupid things at times Russell isn't doing. So... Russell Wilson is more developed and nfl ready qb, meaning he is the quarterback with the best chance to win a superbowl.
    Week 1 of the preseason vs. The Tennessee Titans, I said the Seahawks were winning the superbowl...

"Oh and by the way, Go Hawks!!!" Russel Wilson
    skater18000
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:13 am
  • skater18000 wrote:Very true, but I've seen luck do the stupid things at times Russell isn't doing. So... Russell Wilson is more developed and nfl ready qb, meaning he is the quarterback with the best chance to win a superbowl.

Hmm but Wilson asked to do a LOT less than Luck. I mean lets be subjective here:

Who has the Better D? Wilson

Who has the Better WR? Wilson

Who has the better running game? Wilson

Wilson has a more SB ready team. You put Luck on the Seahawks I say it right now you have 1 loss ONLY.
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:21 am
  • I think Luck is the real deal. I like the play of all the rookie QBs, even Weeden. Given a choice I would take Luck. I think he would survive a coaching change because of his skills. Wilson is evolving in the Seahawks offense and expectations are he will only get better. The question is would a change in the coaching staff cause him not to be valued as much by the next regime? Considering the backlash from the NFL conventional thinking folks, Wilson's skillset may not be as appreciated in another system.

Pure speculation on my part, just an idea on how circumstances can make or break a player's career.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:22 am
  • Bobby Wagner, MLB, SEA: Didn’t distinguish himself against the Vikings.

What? So 10+ tackles and a sack "isn't distinguishing himself."

Sure he's making some mistakes, but so did Lofa.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:24 am
  • PatsFanNH wrote:
    skater18000 wrote:Very true, but I've seen luck do the stupid things at times Russell isn't doing. So... Russell Wilson is more developed and nfl ready qb, meaning he is the quarterback with the best chance to win a superbowl.

Hmm but Wilson asked to do a LOT less than Luck. I mean lets be subjective here:

Who has the Better D? Wilson

Who has the Better WR? Wilson

Who has the better running game? Wilson

Wilson has a more SB ready team. You put Luck on the Seahawks I say it right now you have 1 loss ONLY.

I don't know about better WR's. Luck is throwing to a Reggie Wayne. But I agree with your point. Luck is carrying his team more and throwing it more. What he's doing is extremely impressive.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:26 am
  • LOL at citing an article where Andrew Luck is EIGHTH and behind two offensive linemen.

Come on.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:28 am
  • jlwaters,

I meant WR's in the whole. outside of Wayne, he has no one to throw toand IMO Rice> Wayne RIGHT NOW he has youth on his side lol
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:31 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:LOL at citing an article where Andrew Luck is EIGHTH and behind two offensive linemen.

Come on.

We get it, you don't like Russell Wilson.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 am
  • Peach,

I like Wilson, I just think its not fair to Luck et al to say since the hawks as a team won x games he must be better.. just silly IMO...
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:37 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    We get it, you don't like Russell Wilson.

:lol:

Funny.

But seriously, this is the most ridiculous article I have read in a long time. Andrew Luck won this award weeks ago. Move on.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:38 am
  • ROY right now? Luck.

ROY by the end of the season? If he keeps getting better at the pace he has been, then it should be Wilson.
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:43 am
  • What is Luck doing better than Wilson exactly?
    He's playing for a worse team than him, granted. I mean it's not like he's got a 3-time All-Pro to throw to like Wilson does. Wait...
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:44 am
  • themunn wrote:What is Luck doing better than Wilson exactly?
    He's playing for a worse team than him, granted. I mean it's not like he's got a 3-time All-Pro to throw to like Wilson does. Wait...

he's winning games with a team that last year won 2 games
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:49 am
  • The luck hype machine is in overdrive right now. He is playing well, and when you factor in the feel good story of winning for Pagano, it will be irresistible to not vote for him if things stay on the present course.

A lot can happen between now and the end of the year though. As long as the Hawks can get in the playoffs, RW3 will have done his job as a rookie in my opinion.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:51 am
  • drdiags wrote:I think Luck is the real deal. I like the play of all the rookie QBs, even Weeden. Given a choice I would take Luck. I think he would survive a coaching change because of his skills. Wilson is evolving in the Seahawks offense and expectations are he will only get better. The question is would a change in the coaching staff cause him not to be valued as much by the next regime? Considering the backlash from the NFL conventional thinking folks, Wilson's skillset may not be as appreciated in another system.

Pure speculation on my part, just an idea on how circumstances can make or break a player's career.

Couldnt agree more. Luck can work for any coach in any system. And I do feel that there are a lot of coaches who could come in here and want a mpre prototypical qb. My hope is if Wilson really establishes himself as a legit qbotf for us, that when Pete takes off, we bring in someone who will work with Wilson. Not someone with a drastically different viewpoint.
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 am
  • Pstark3 wrote:
    themunn wrote:What is Luck doing better than Wilson exactly?

he's winning games with a team that last year won 2 games

And Wilson's winning games with a team that last year won 7 games, and similarly not losing games to the likes of the Jaguars (and hopefully Jets).
    Not to mention of course that Luck has had the benefit of 5 home games to 3 road games compared to Wilson's 5 road games and 4 home games (all of which he's won, of course)
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:57 am
  • Pstark3 wrote:ROY right now? Luck.

ROY by the end of the season? If he keeps getting better at the pace he has been, then it should be Wilson.

Not unless Andrew Luck, RG3, Alfred Morris, and Doug Martin get hit by a bus.

Wilson is doing well. He won't have the pub or the stats to win ROY.

Need further proof? Lofa Tatupu had great stats on a SUPER BOWL team and still didn't win DROY back in 2005. Shawne Merriman did. It's about flash. Wilson isn't flashy. Statistically speaking, think of Wilson like an Alex Smith .. once in awhile Smith will have a great passing day - but usually he's just "good".. good wins football games, it doesn't win awards.

Luck? RG3? Martin? These guys have GREAT numbers. A 400 yard passing game, a 200/100 game for a QB, a 250+ and 4 game for a RB.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:57 am
  • drdiags wrote:I think Luck is the real deal. I like the play of all the rookie QBs, even Weeden. Given a choice I would take Luck. I think he would survive a coaching change because of his skills. Wilson is evolving in the Seahawks offense and expectations are he will only get better. The question is would a change in the coaching staff cause him not to be valued as much by the next regime? Considering the backlash from the NFL conventional thinking folks, Wilson's skillset may not be as appreciated in another system.

Got to consider what Moon had to say about the restraints put on Wilson.

Luck is the real deal, but so is Wilson.

If Wilson were under different Coaching, I don't believe he'd change his determination, nor would it detract from his over all play capabilities, the guy's just a gamer, and in fact, I believe that he would make another Coach look better, BECAUSE of his "Skillset".
    I think Luck will get to the top of the heap, but I think that when he does, he'll be looking across the board at Wilson.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:09 am
  • [quote="Pstark3
    he's winning games with a team that last year won 2 games[/quote]
    when a team plays shitty enough to have only two wins (suck for Luck), the only way from there is UP. :16:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:54 am
  • RW is on the verge of serious pub though. When Rex Ryan blitzes constantly on Sunday and gets burned for 70% completions and 4 TD's we'll start seeing some love.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:59 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:RW is on the verge of serious pub though. When Rex Ryan blitzes constantly on Sunday and gets burned for 70% completions and 4 TD's we'll start seeing some love.

Nah.. if anything everyone will speak of what a train wreck the Jets have become.

Truth is, Wilson probably contends for ROY any other year with a winning record and a solid TD/INT ratio + completion percentage - this years class is just heavily stacked with talent. You're looking at one bonafide elite QB (Luck), two guys who can become that (RG3 and Tannehill), potentially great RB's (Richardson, Morris and Martin), elite talent on the OL (Kalil), and then.. Wilson.. who is having a really good year for a rookie too.

Unlike Luck, RG3 and Tannehill though.. Wilson can win with 180 and 3. He's got the supporting cast to do so. And in the end that's really all that matters.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:06 pm
  • 2. Russell Wilson, QB, SEA (+15.0)

While other rookies got all the press this week, the performance of Wilson was shamefully overlooked. He was near flawless against the Vikings and makes mockery of not just where he was drafted, but of his rookie status.

I like this.
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:09 pm
  • All that really matters is we continue to talk things to death and make sure that we don't agree.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:23 pm
  • SacHawk,

I have a real hard time reading your post due to my eyes being drawn to the left constantly.... :P
    PatsFanNH
    NET Rookie

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information