So sick of ESPN radio

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Russell WIlson has the best QBR" ..."Don't give me QBR or any other rating, Russell WIlson disappears in games and Griffin and Luck don't"

What BS. They do disappear in games and they have both had gravy schedules with losses to mediocre teams.

Colts: 5 wins

Chicago Loss 41-21
Minnesota Win at home 23-20
Jacksonville Loss at home 22-17
Green Bay Win at home 30-27
New York Jets Loss 35-9
Cleveland Browns Win at home 17-13
Tennesse Titans Win 19-13
Miami Dolphins Win at home 23-20

Redskins: 3 wins

New Orleans Win 40-32
St Louis Loss 31-28
Cincinnati Loss at home 38-31
Tampa Bay Win 24-22
Atlanta at home loss 24-17
Minnesota at home win 38-26
New York Giants loss 27-23
Pittsburgh loss 27-12
Carolina loss at home 21-13

Seattle: 5 wins

At Arizona Loss 20-16 in a barn burner, no disappearing QB here (18/34 153 yds 1 TD 1 INT0
Home Dallas beatdown 27-7 (15/29 130 yds 2TDs O Int)
Home Green Bay Win 14-12 (10/21 130 yds 2TDS 0 INT)
At St Louis Loss 19-13 (17/25 160yds 0TD 0 INT)
At Carolina Win 16-12 (19/25 1TD 2 INT)
Home New England Win 24-23 (16/27 293 YDs 3 TD) Really disappeared there...
At San Fran Loss 13-6 (9/23 122YDs 0 INT 0 TD drops galore)
At Detroit Loss 28-24 (25/35 236 yds 2TD 1INT)
Home Minnesota Win (16/24 173 Yds 3 TD 0 INT more drops)

I call BS.

The all encompassing bias it becoming pathetic and represents a low level of journalism I have never seen before in my life.

Dallas is in a close game against an unbeaten team, in their dome where they are almost unbeatable, the storyline, "Dallas blundered, Romo sucks, Garrett should be fire, Cowboys lost" "Hire Sean Payton!"

So apparently it was a miracle that Atlanta won.

Redskins lose to the lowly Panthers but RGII was "phenomenal" however Shanahan should be fired because the loss was his fault. Never mind that RGIII pulled a Tarvaris Jackson and ran out of bounds with the ball on 4th and goal. Ummm, throw it to someone in the end zone while you are still capable and pray for a PI.

The Colts win a home game against a gimpy Tannehill who has exactly who for a reciever? Future HOF Reggie Wayne? Oh wait, that's who Luck gets to throw to, along with his college TE. Against a rookie QB, on the road with a less than 59% completion percentage, 5 TDs, 6 INTs. They are only averaging 3.8 ypc on rushing, but hey, at least he has household names like Brian Hartline, Davone Bess and Anthony Fassano to throw to.

But hey, none of that matters, you know why? Because Russell Wilson "disappears in games" I mean, I've never seen him on the field with the defense, so wtf is that about? Horrible QB play!

I want nothing more right now that DangeRuss to win OFROY of the year, just to piss those no account, lazy ass broadcasters off.

GO Hawks!!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
It all started with Kiper's drivel, and people bought into it.

Then they cling on to the fact he is "too short" and they can't stand the fact that he isn't the prototypical 6'4", 225 pound model QB.

And of course, how can a 3rd round QB drafted by the crazy Seahawks front office be any good?

Add to it that the "rah rah" coach (a bulk of the national perception of him) Pete Carroll is in charge, and there you have it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Eff ESPN, Trey Wingo, and all the rest at that network. All east coast all the time save for Cowturd. I'm no fan but at least the guy pays attention to the west coast.

ensett

Reaction score
It is pretty silly especially when you consider Luck has such a terrible completion %, he doesn't get a chance to disappear during games, he was never there in the first place. He has Sanchez numbers right now

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson disappears in games due to his cloaking device, which he deactivates prior to launching 50 yard game winning bombs. He's our own rendition of the B-2 Spirit.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
It's predictable and that's why I don't bother listening. Wilson would be a huge story on an East Coast team. Gotta be use to this by now being a Seahawks fan.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Usually, anything with Caps ESPN is a waste of good electrons. Shut em down for a day or two and give some of the power to Staten Island!

kobebryant

Reaction score
As I learned early in university in a sports/society class, the media controls the narrative of sports (ESPN,FOX,Imus) and pushes and dictates whatever agenda they may have.

Lets just take the bias with Mike and Mike for example. Golic is up in arms about the Golden Tate play but had no problem with the ending of the Stanford/ND game (because he is a ND guy), refuses to acknkowledge how terrible his son is on that ND oline and that he is probably only there thrugh nepotism. Then you have Greenberg not being reprimanded for his "Martin Luther Coon" comments.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
LOL at thinking ESPN would put Seattle/Wilson over.

Never going to happen! This team could win 5 straight Superbowls and they would all be chalked up to mysterious circumstances.

djb28

Reaction score
A team like Dallas can suck eggs for ten years , never make the playoffs and get tons of media attention. It baffles me every year.

hawkfan333

Reaction score
you are just a wilson hater our whole team disappears at times and yes griffin and luck have both disappeared during this season

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some good radio/podcasts? At the moment I listen to some Brock and salk and bill simmons and that's about it. KJR doesn't seem to work in the UK. Any suggestions?