We're gonna crush that Jets team

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Throwdown":33ioi7jb said:
Its my new superstition, if I'm as confident as you are, we're gonna lose.

You don't want me confident.

lol i feel the exact same way. the fact that this thread was made I feel is setting us up for disaster.

my best friend is a Jets fan , I told him to expect to change the channel come the 3rd quarter , but still I dont wana set myself up for a big let down

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I watched the Jets @ New England and this will not be an easy game if they play anything like they did that day.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1i8cmc26 said:
I watched the Jets @ New England and this will not be an easy game if they play anything like they did that day.
Oh, I don't think it will be an easy game. I just see that Seattle's D has a huge matchup advantage.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":189x57ih said:
theENGLISHseahawk":189x57ih said:

Against teams with actual defenses, though, they've struggled.

Not to mention the seething hatred of the Jets-Patriots right now probably added something to the final score.

kmedic

Reaction score
Probably the only thing going for the Jets is that everyone and their mother thinks we are going to crush them. History says to watch out when everybody thinks the game is going to be a blowout. What could possibly go wrong for the Seahawks? It doesn't seem like there could be all that much, but you just never know on any given Sunday.

Personally, I'm cautiously optimistic but have the thought in the back of my mind that this could be a trap game for the Hawks.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
kmedic":1u4xj6hl said:
Probably the only thing going for the Jets is that everyone and their mother thinks we are going to crush them. History says to watch out when everybody thinks the game is going to be a blowout. What could possibly go wrong for the Seahawks? It doesn't seem like there could be all that much, but you just never know on any given Sunday.

Personally, I'm cautiously optimistic but have the thought in the back of my mind that this could be a trap game for the Hawks.

I don't think the coaching staff is going to let the players get complacent, and since a bye follows the Jets game, it's not like the team will have another opponent to whom they can look past the Jets.

The players on this team can see the standings. They know that the chances of them making the postseason are significantly better at 6-4 than at 5-5. I don't worry one bit about them being caught in a trap game. Not this team.

NYCoug

Reaction score
The apathy amongst Jets fans is at an all-time high right now. You'd be tough pressed to find 10 Jets fans in this entire country who think the Jets stand any sort of shot, against ANY team in the NFL right now.

I have a bunch of friends who are Jets fans and they all talk about how void of talent they are. Even when they were winning early on their fans knew it was just smoke and mirrors and a bunch of missed field goals from Dan Carpenter.

However, don't let the apathy of their fanbase fool you too hard. The Seahawks are capable of laying an egg and the Jets are capable of pulling an amazing performance out of their you know what's. As English points out, the Patriots game was a great performance from them. If not for a few drops we could be talking about that game as the upset of the season right now.

The Hawks need to bring their A game for sure! This one won't be as easy as you might think.

NYCoug

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3npnyxqp said:
Whatever, I refuse to see anything but a sweeping Seahawks victory here. The Jets suck. If we can't beat them convincingly, then we suck, too.
I don't think we suck. therefore, we win convincingly. See? Applying troll logic makes you a better fan, and consequently a better American.

Oh, I totally agree with you regalia, this is just a coping mechanism for me just in case things go all FUBAR and I trek out to Seattle to watch a loss. It's part of being a Seahawks fan. Plus, after the Rams loss I've vowed to never take another team lightly again. We used to be that team! haha

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I'm with ya peaches. I didn't read any of this thread but I have zero doubt that we're going to absolutely destroy on Sunday. Mike Tyson's Punch Out destroy. Belittle. They're done. Dunzo.

Attachments

• Jets Punch.jpg
    Jets Punch.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 4,124

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
peachesenregalia":17uh16fq said:
Zebulon Dak":17uh16fq said:
I'm with ya peaches. I didn't read any of this thread but I have zero doubt that we're going to absolutely destroy on Sunday. Mike Tyson's Punch Out destroy. Belittle. They're done. Dunzo.

YES! You're doing the LORD's work with those weekly opposing team avatars.

I don't know how to be any other way.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'm not a player, I can overlook teams whenever I want.

We should and will crush the Jets.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Rex usually makes rookie QB's look pretty awful. I think we'll win but it'll be a close game.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
The reason why we'll win is because we have a better team and because THE LORD WILLS IT!!

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I can't stand the Jets.

I also can't stand the notion of a "trap game". To me every game is a "trap game". Can't take the Jets lightly.

Hawks46

Reaction score
If we don't shut them out, then Bradley needs to go ! That's right, fire his ass !

On a serious note, I really think we'll win this game, and somewhat convincingly. I can't call a blowout until I see both Offense and Defense play a good game together.

I'd usually say our D is lights out at home, but we just gave up 183 on the ground to AP. It dropped us from 5th ranked rush D to 11th ranked rush D.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Five pick-sizes by Walter Thurmond.

I just envisioned it in my classroom, accompanied by excited fist-pumping, causing at least one student to give me a weird look.

Latest posts