whats flynns eventual value?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":351wekli said:
What's the more important question is... what is Flynn's current value to the Seahawks

IMO, he is a very good insurance policy for which you've essentially already paid most of the premiums.

The Hawks will/should keep him until they have a better alternative.

When you have your Manning....backup is meaningless. Manning, Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers...... yup..their backups don't see the field. Our's will not see the field. Spend that money on securing guys we have that actually see the field.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Scottemojo":i4i8nvs6 said:
I am reasonably convinced that Flynn will be gone from Seattle some time next off season. First, he is disgruntled with his role. No, I don't have a source, but it is just plain to see. Second, his salary will be a vital part of extending some of the players from our first Pete and John draft. Third, the Raiders staff has ties to Flynn, and Palmer has crapped the bed in Oakland, leaving a nice trade partner in desperate straights. There are other teams too that will not be able to fill team needs in the draft, but for a variety of reasons did not pursue Flynn last year. Buffalo was dollar tied to Fitz, the Cards were hot for Peyton and also dollar tied to Kolb, with a hot prospect at backup, Minnesota and the Jags were still all in on rookies.

There will be plenty of suitors for Flynn, which is where his real market value will come from. A second would not surprise me at all. Especially since we already ate most of his signing bonus.

There is a difference between disgruntled and disappointed.

mikeak

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1e2c1pvg said:
When you have your Manning....backup is meaningless. Manning, Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers...... yup..their backups don't see the field. Our's will not see the field. Spend that money on securing guys we have that actually see the field.

Lets think a bit more about this one

Brady went down for a season. They had a guy on the bench that had been there for a few years. Cassell played good for the team to the point where many said Brady was a result of the system. I think more having a backup in the same system paid off and they coached well during that year. They then got plenty out of trading Cassell

Now lets look at Indy - playoff, playoff, playoff, superbowl, playoff, playoff or something like that - Manning goes down and they have no backup result worst team in the league!!!!

What other examples - Big Ben motorcycle crash and I think out for a few other reasons that year. Miss playoff. Bears last year Cutler goes down they were a lock for playoffs but missed playoffs because of a bad bench

Rodgers is partially a result of getting to sit on the bench as a backup

So if your point was that even good / great qb's need a competent backup so you don't throw away a season then I see the point thanks for the great examples :). The team as a whole is still not spending much money on the qb position. You need to keep Flynn OR trade him for a 1st or 2nd rounder and then use that pick / a lower pick for a rookie qb (low salary).

I guess the other option is picking up Vick for cheap :D

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It never hurts to have a decent backup QB. Not saying RW isnt motivated enough as it is, but sometimes having a good backup QB keeps your starter on his toes.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I was a little worried for a minute there when Russell got dinged up after the sack towards the end of the game. Of course, he got up, and after a timeout he was able to continue. Dude's a warrior.

As far as Flynn is concerned, I'd try and deal him in the offseason. As Scottemojo points out, the Raiders front office and coaching staff are filled with Green Bay guys. The Flynn connection is there. With the Raiders at 3-5 and not looking like "empty corpses" out there, it's very possible that they could play themselves out of one of the draft's top signal callers. They might want to look towards a veteran, as the Carson Palmer trade was not under their watch and thus not their fault. We won't be able to rip them off as if Al Davis were still alive, but he could net something like a 3rd or 4th rounder in return, all while getting his contract off your hands.

It'll definitely be interesting to see how this plays out but I'm with Scottemojo on this one. Flynn to the Raiders in the offseason for a midround pick or two even thought I'd love to steal Marcel Reese from them! Anyways, let's see how it pans out.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
m0ng0":127hjsye said:
he has zero value, he is no good, just ask anyone here.
Like Hell Yeah!, why doesn't Pete go and shop his ass off to a needy team, hell, we still have Portis don't we?

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Scottemojo":hdaoxpb7 said:
I am reasonably convinced that Flynn will be gone from Seattle some time next off season. First, he is disgruntled with his role. No, I don't have a source, but it is just plain to see. Second, his salary will be a vital part of extending some of the players from our first Pete and John draft. Third, the Raiders staff has ties to Flynn, and Palmer has crapped the bed in Oakland, leaving a nice trade partner in desperate straights. There are other teams too that will not be able to fill team needs in the draft, but for a variety of reasons did not pursue Flynn last year. Buffalo was dollar tied to Fitz, the Cards were hot for Peyton and also dollar tied to Kolb, with a hot prospect at backup, Minnesota and the Jags were still all in on rookies.

There will be plenty of suitors for Flynn, which is where his real market value will come from. A second would not surprise me at all. Especially since we already ate most of his signing bonus.

Personally I feel there will also be suitors to RW as well, but we'll see what's what after his first year completes.

Agree Flynn likely moves on, but feel the yellow bolded is complete horse manure. Sorry.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":14k60xt7 said:
Scottemojo":14k60xt7 said:

Personally I feel there will also be suitors to RW as well, but we'll see what's what after his first year completes.

Agree Flynn likely moves on, but feel the yellow bolded is complete horse manure. Sorry.

Funny, I agree with the yellow bolded. Are you saying you feel there is a chance RW is traded?

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":hvhmxmzp said:
hawkfan1975":hvhmxmzp said:
Funny, I agree with the yellow bolded. Are you saying you feel there is a chance RW is traded?

Of course you do.

No, I said there's possible better suitors for RW within the statement of "we shall see what's what with RW (after at least a year of play).
Pretty cut and dry. I'm a RW fan but nowhere near the likes of some here. Time will tell the rooks tale.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":30mi8osw said:
T-Sizzle":30mi8osw said:
hawkfan1975":30mi8osw said:
Are you saying you feel there is a chance RW is traded?

No, I said there's possible better suitors for RW within the statement of "we shall see what's what with RW (after at least a year of play).
Pretty cut and dry. I'm a RW fan but nowhere near the likes of some here. Time will tell the rooks tale.

Huh?

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3tfvfqu6 said:

Well, after a win is when we start seeing the "[player name] is the best", and "we're going to stomp [insert team here]. I just have to reiterate there's no way in heckfire I'm anointing a rook anything in his first year (wait and see is all we can do). Nor would it be honest to state a win with any of these upcoming games based on what we're seeing this year (and that's ok actually...as long as we're rebuilding for the better).

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
and man...I know it's craziness but I'm not sure I'm completely sold on Petey yet either (as HC), even after this long. There's some things that make the brows furrow thinking "wtf??" (then there are moments of brilliance).

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":2muruh1h said:
and man...I know it's craziness but I'm not sure I'm completely sold on Petey yet either (as a HC), even after this long. There's some things that make the brows furrow thinking "wtf??" (then there are moments of brilliance).

You are entitled to your opinion.

You should check out these guys, they kinda feel the same.

[urltargetblank]http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/[/urltargetblank]

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":2udek7qh said:
Well, after a win is when we start seeing the "[player name] is the best", and "we're going to stomp [insert team here]. I just have to reiterate there's no way in heckfire I'm anointing a rook anything in his first year (wait and see is all we can do). Nor would it be honest to state a win with any of these upcoming games based on what we're seeing this year (and that's ok actually...as long as we're rebuilding for the better).

So basically you sit on the fence until they win the Superbowl? At what point in your mind will PC and RW get your approval? I do agree there is a small fraction that overreact but the majority of the people here seem pretty level headed.

Osprey12

Reaction score
After we win out and the rest of the nfc west loses out we will rest rw3 for our last game and Matt Flynn will go out and toss 6tds. We will then be offered a teams entire draft for him ala Ricky Williams. And so it is written.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DrinkinTheLimerade":2bda21dt said:
After we win out and the rest of the nfc west loses out we will rest rw3 for our last game and Matt Flynn will go out and toss 6tds. We will then be offered a teams entire draft for him ala Ricky Williams. And so it is written.
:th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers: