Shootin' for the Moon like Warren

falcongoggles

Reaction score
HawksFTW":2hi3suho said:
So because no one was reading your blog, you have resorted to just copy and pasting your articles here? It isn't a bad read, but you need to stop trying so hard.

NYCoug breaks his nuts to write a good article and this is what you respond with? What a miserable response of a POST.

I appreciated the article and found the writing to be strong with some obvious time invested.

Thank you!
Falcongoggles

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
falcongoggles":4q1td1rq said:
HawksFTW":4q1td1rq said:
So because no one was reading your blog, you have resorted to just copy and pasting your articles here? It isn't a bad read, but you need to stop trying so hard.

NYCoug breaks his nuts to write a good article and this is what you respond with? What a miserable response of a POST.

I appreciated the article and found the writing to be strong with some obvious time invested.

Thank you!
Falcongoggles

I don't usually agree with you but in this case we are of one thought.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
hgwellz12":15y8mcsj said:
rainger":15y8mcsj said:
Great post, loved reading but I cant get over the number of people who say this:

All of this is not to say that Russell Wilson is perfect, no, he still makes his share of rookie mistakes. He still has that throw or two per game that sails high on him

Why are a couple of mistaks in a game always " a rookie mistake"?

Please dont take this as a dump on you or your post.

I see this time and time again in posts and articles. It is almost like a talking point.

Yet there isnt a game of football where the QB does not throw high, or not see a wide open reciever, or take an unnecessary sack, or something. That incldes Brees, Brady, Rodgers and them all.

So lets say he makes a mistake in a game every QB does, but they are not "rookie" mistakes, just mistakes.

Bravo! It's posts like this that make me wonder how .net DOESN'T have a "THANKS" button
like EVERY other forum I'm a member of? :|

Because .NET is not like EVERY other forum. That should be obvious. :2:

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
SharkHawk":272n2q23 said:
Who wanted Matt Flynn? Saying the 12th man did is too easy. I know the majority of this board didn't, and we're a pretty good sampling of the 12th man. You make it sound with that pitchforks and torches thing that we had a Matt Cassell/Brady Quinn situation here. Not even close. Not even a whisper of it. We lost by one play at St. Louis. Come on... be realistic. I didn't see a pitchfork or torch in site here or anywhere really, except for the rare odd poster who wanted Flynn all along.

I know this board is a pretty good sampling of the 12th man but most of the fans who post here are a little more knowledgeable than your average Seahawks fan. Brock Huard and Warren Moon both spoke about how the fanbase, as a collective, seemed to want a change at QB after the Rams game. I'm not the biggest fan of Moon's and I really love Huard, but I'm going to take their word for it. I'm out here in NYC so I don't get to listen to radio callers, who historically aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, I only hear the radio interviews that get recorded and put up on the internet.

I'd say, and it could just be poor recollection here and if it is I'm sorry, that the 12th Man as a whole was split pretty evenly when it came to whether or not Flynn should replace Wilson.

Oh, and thanks for the kind words everybody. I'll never stop believing that the 12th Man is one of the greatest groups of people on earth!

Go Hawks!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SharkHawk":24tlkaar said:
Who wanted Matt Flynn? Saying the 12th man did is too easy. I know the majority of this board didn't, and we're a pretty good sampling of the 12th man. You make it sound with that pitchforks and torches thing that we had a Matt Cassell/Brady Quinn situation here. Not even close. Not even a whisper of it. We lost by one play at St. Louis. Come on... be realistic. I didn't see a pitchfork or torch in site here or anywhere really, except for the rare odd poster who wanted Flynn all along.
Gonna disagree with you a bit here Shark, and that's rare. While I agree that the majority of folks didn't want Flynn in and Russ out, it sure didn't seem overwhelming on that side to me following the Lambs game. I feel like it was about a 60-40 split at the time. Granted that perceived 40% was a VERY vocal minority so perhaps it was more like 65-35 but sure didn't feel like it at the time. I may be splitting hairs here but I'll stick by my assertation that it was definitely a fair amount of folks clamoring for a change.

Enjoyed the read OP. Thank you.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. Maybe I didn't read a bunch that week. Just to clarify.... I'm not one for excuses, but just want to make my position clear here.... I've been in bed or the hospital since July. Some weeks entirely are a blur. I remember watching the game really clearly. I may have watched it on Tuesday for all I know. Some surgery days and such I'm kind of out of it.

Today is a pretty bad day. I did enjoy the read. I like your writing style, and you put a lot of effort and draw from many sources. That's terrific. I actually read a story on Deadspin yesterday that was ripping another story that was in major media and had used Wikipedia as a reference. They were talking about how lazy it was. What you wrote was 100 times more time consuming and interesting than what this major media source wrote. So kudos. Keep up the great work.

I may have booted it on the St. Louis game and thought everybody was pretty positive after.... but after thinking some and trying to dig through the fog, I'm starting to think that was the Lions game where folks were mostly positive as they saw growth. Maybe the St. Louis game was one where people saw a possibility at regression.

Your article did make me think something... you're probably too young for this, but I was one who watched Warren play in college as a little tiny kid and thought he was great, just like I thought Russell was great last year. It does my heart well to see Warren step up for kids who are questioned for whatever reason and told they aren't capable of playing in the NFL for some reason. For Warren it was clearly the fact that he is black. There was simply no other reason. He was tall, strong, had a rocket arm, was a winner, etc. The word that was bandied about was "He's not intelligent enough". What horsecrap. Warren is very intelligent. In those days, that was code for, "you're too black." Now Warren has gone to bat for Cam Newton and Russell Wilson in two straight years. I love that, and I know Warren would have succeeded in the NFL even if he had never gone to the CFL. I watched him play every week in the CFL and he was so dominant it was disgusting. Think of how Michael Vick or Cam Newton or Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning looked in college. That is how Warren looked in the CFL. He was just flat out disgustingly good. It still irritates me that the Nordstroms wouldn't guarantee his contract. He would have been in Seattle in 1984. Instead Mouse Davis and Jack Pardee were able to convince Bud Adams (I think he was the owner then?) to guarantee the same amount, as they had worked with Warren. The guarantee swung things the way of Houston and off he went. With that 1985 Seahawks defense and Warren at QB we would have been looking at 1 Lombardi if not 2 or 3. Oh well. Glad he's hear to speak up on behalf of the kids who are possibly not going to get a fair shake due to their height, race, arm, or whatever. A winner is a winner. End of story.

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
SharkHawk":3i5kwm3b said:
Fair enough. Maybe I didn't read a bunch that week. Just to clarify.... I'm not one for excuses, but just want to make my position clear here.... I've been in bed or the hospital since July. Some weeks entirely are a blur. I remember watching the game really clearly. I may have watched it on Tuesday for all I know. Some surgery days and such I'm kind of out of it.

Today is a pretty bad day. I did enjoy the read. I like your writing style, and you put a lot of effort and draw from many sources. That's terrific. I actually read a story on Deadspin yesterday that was ripping another story that was in major media and had used Wikipedia as a reference. They were talking about how lazy it was. What you wrote was 100 times more time consuming and interesting than what this major media source wrote. So kudos. Keep up the great work.

I may have booted it on the St. Louis game and thought everybody was pretty positive after.... but after thinking some and trying to dig through the fog, I'm starting to think that was the Lions game where folks were mostly positive as they saw growth. Maybe the St. Louis game was one where people saw a possibility at regression.

Your article did make me think something... you're probably too young for this, but I was one who watched Warren play in college as a little tiny kid and thought he was great, just like I thought Russell was great last year. It does my heart well to see Warren step up for kids who are questioned for whatever reason and told they aren't capable of playing in the NFL for some reason. For Warren it was clearly the fact that he is black. There was simply no other reason. He was tall, strong, had a rocket arm, was a winner, etc. The word that was bandied about was "He's not intelligent enough". What horsecrap. Warren is very intelligent. In those days, that was code for, "you're too black." Now Warren has gone to bat for Cam Newton and Russell Wilson in two straight years. I love that, and I know Warren would have succeeded in the NFL even if he had never gone to the CFL. I watched him play every week in the CFL and he was so dominant it was disgusting. Think of how Michael Vick or Cam Newton or Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning looked in college. That is how Warren looked in the CFL. He was just flat out disgustingly good. It still irritates me that the Nordstroms wouldn't guarantee his contract. He would have been in Seattle in 1984. Instead Mouse Davis and Jack Pardee were able to convince Bud Adams (I think he was the owner then?) to guarantee the same amount, as they had worked with Warren. The guarantee swung things the way of Houston and off he went. With that 1985 Seahawks defense and Warren at QB we would have been looking at 1 Lombardi if not 2 or 3. Oh well. Glad he's hear to speak up on behalf of the kids who are possibly not going to get a fair shake due to their height, race, arm, or whatever. A winner is a winner. End of story.

:bow: Excellent stuff Shark. I'm 25 and like to think that I have a pretty good knowledge of the game, the Seahawks, and the history of both... but I can tell that you've probably forgotten more about football and the Seahawks than I've ever known! Thank you for the history, that was awesome!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you've had issues Shark. REALLY hope you get back to normal soon. As for Warren, shit man I really feel old cuz I remeber watching him lead the Huskies to the upset Rose Bowl win over Michigan on New Year's Day 1978 with a fearsome hangover from hitting the bars the night before so I was 21 at the time. Damn. I. Am. Old.

kearly

Reaction score
Awesome writeup, NYCoug. Ironically, I have a mild case of ADD and struggle to get through long posts, but I read every word and enjoyed it. Loved the shout-out to Andre Benjamin.

HawksFTW":luzcwpov said:

Yikes dude.

FWIW, Montana, English, and myself- we all post articles from the blogs we write for here at .net all the time, and nobody complains when we do it.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Personally I like the blog posts. It is another resource, and we know the author won't be griping about having info reposted here and sending out threatening lawyer letters like some groups do (espn blogs cough cough). ;)

Dismas

Reaction score
I'll pile on with the pro blog post folks.

I work nights, have very little time in the day to sit around clickin thru the interwebs. Most of my browsing is done on slow as molasses work computers, with some pretty strict content filters and firewall stuff, in the dead time between spurts of frantic activity. This makes .NET endup being pretty much the only place I get to use to catch up on what is going on with the Seahawks.

I LOVE the reposts from folks' blogs, because I don't have that stuff bookmarked here, and we have some vewry good writers here at .Net. I don't necessarily agree with everything posted, but appreciate the effort and time put in by the people just the same, it is nice being able to get a feel for the general feeling up there all at one site.

Keep up the good work NY, Kip,and all you others, this quiet minority here is eating it up.

capncrunch

Reaction score
I really enjoyed this article NYCoug. I don't care if people want to provide the web address of their blog. I too am a hardcore Seahawk fan living in the East. I'm in Redskin country here in Northern Virginia. Thank god for NFL Sunday Ticket. The year I didn't subscribe. I went to various sports bars to watch the games. Watch, not necessarily listen. I nearly got beat up by some Bears fans at a Hooters after that win in 2010. I told him. Take it easy buddy, we're all here to look at the same two things. :D Anyway, keep up the work. You're a very talented writer. I'm a high school teacher so I can give you an A minus.

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
capncrunch":1lbnqtn4 said:
I really enjoyed this article NYCoug. I don't care if people want to provide the web address of their blog. I too am a hardcore Seahawk fan living in the East. I'm in Redskin country here in Northern Virginia. Thank god for NFL Sunday Ticket. The year I didn't subscribe. I went to various sports bars to watch the games. Watch, not necessarily listen. I nearly got beat up by some Bears fans at a Hooters after that win in 2010. I told him. Take it easy buddy, we're all here to look at the same two things. :D Anyway, keep up the work. You're a very talented writer. I'm a high school teacher so I can give you an A minus.

haha that's awesome capn, I'm hangin this one up on my fridge for sure!

I got an A Minus and a nice review from kearly, I'm seriously set over here as another noreaster comes to kick NYC's ass haha. Thank God, I'll be in Seattle at the CLink this Sunday! Unreal! But seriously guys, thanks for the kind words.

That's nuts about the Bears fans dude. Glad you were the bigger person and kept it real. As far as going to bars to watch (and not listen) tell me about it. Even when I go to the Seahawks bar here in NYC (Carlow East) the volume is up but the crowd's usually so rowdy you can barely hear anything, which is pretty cool in a way when you think about it. Anyways, this past week I decided to stay in and watch the game at home for the first time in what seems like forever. It's amazing how different the experience is when you're a) not getting tanked b) not talking to anyone else about the game and just watching. It was almost a weird, surreal experience haha

HawksFTW

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1f7lfcxh said:
HawksFTW":1f7lfcxh said:

:roll: Uh huh. As I said in my next post, I actually had been reading his blog posts previously. The all out attempt to just cut and paste his articles here, instead of just posting them on his blog completely undermined what he was trying to do. I was offering him constructive criticism on how he is coming across with actions like that, and further more offered some advice on how to get more viewers on his blog (on top of complimenting his writing).

kearly":1f7lfcxh said:
Yikes dude.

FWIW, Montana, English, and myself- we all post articles from the blogs we write for here at .net all the time, and nobody complains when we do it.

People have complained, you might not like to admit it. I enjoy all of those blogs, and read them regularly. There are more than a few people that get tired of being overly inundated with blog posts on a message board though. Not going to argue that point though, because that isn't what I was saying, and I am not sure why people are having a problem with my post. NYCoug definitely took it in the spirit of which it was intended: no need to forego the blog to post it here. If you had been reading his blog, as I had, you would see his material speaks for itself, and he was building quite a good stash of blog posts. Don't give up on it, and start spamming it here, when subtly would do wonders for him.

I wasn't bashing him or his writing.

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
Hey guys no need to disagree here. I appreciate everyone having my back a million times over but let's take it easy on FTW. He didn't mean any harm and was just offering me some suggestions/advice. It might have just come across a little harsh but I doubt any harm was intended.

We're all 12's here. Never thought something like this would have started over something I wrote haha you're all awesome!

Cheers,
Dave

HawksFTW

Reaction score
NYCoug":2ei67rkv said:
Hey guys no need to disagree here. I appreciate everyone having my back a million times over but let's take it easy on FTW. He didn't mean any harm and was just offering me some suggestions/advice. It might have just come across a little harsh but I doubt any harm was intended.

We're all 12's here. Never thought something like this would have started over something I wrote haha you're all awesome!

Cheers,
Dave

You are cool cat, and I have a problem of being to brisk sometimes with my posts. Never meant any harm, keep up the good work.