My Game Ball goes to...Brandon Browner!

chawx

Reaction score
Hawks46":15xop92n said:
That flag was totally bs. The guy smacked Browner in the face. Of course the ref missed that, but they went face to face and the Viking kinda leaned in and bumped face masks with him.

Not saying the Viking should've been flagged either, unless they see him hitting BB in the face mask. There should've been no flag there, I've seen TONS of stuff way worse than this get looked over, but this very umpire's crew.

Wasn't "that guy" that hit BB first, our old pal, Mr. Steve "Poison Pill" Hutchinson?

Jville

Reaction score
The man is a force. He can and does dominate. Brandon can take over and impact the game and its outcome at any time.

NYCoug

Reaction score
It's tough to decide who's been the team's Defensive MVP so far. Browner, Mebane, and Sherman have all been very deserving in my opinion.

I think if I absolutely had to decide, I'd go with Browner. He's made some huge, game-changing plays so far this year.

Subzero717

Reaction score
NYCoug":2knv9bew said:
It's tough to decide who's been the team's Defensive MVP so far. Browner, Mebane, and Sherman have all been very deserving in my opinion.

I think if I absolutely had to decide, I'd go with Browner. He's made some huge, game-changing plays so far this year.

I couldn't argue against anyone of those three.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":ksallw40 said:
Certainly faster than the 4.7 he ran. Winston Guy also ran a 4.7 40 at the combine and later I learned it was due to a hammy and then ran a low 4.5 at a pro day when healthy. Could have been one of those kind of things. Sometimes guys just don't time fast too, but fly on the field.
Yep, Combine/Pro day speed is cool and all, but GAME TIME SPEED is a whole another animal that doesn't get touted enough,,It's THIS speed that really matters.

NYCoug

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1lvc9xts said:
NYCoug":1lvc9xts said:

I couldn't argue against anyone of those three.

I couldn't argue that you have the greatest avatar of all on this site. Love that manchild!

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
mikeak":2rt0zpf9 said:
ivotuk":2rt0zpf9 said:
The effort that he put in to catch Adrian Peterson on the long run was phenomenal! Everyone else had given up and started slowing down, but not Brandon! Holy cow was that some speed and stamina! Play of the game as far as I'm concerned because of what it demonstrated to his team mates, never give up! No matter what!

Then there was the shut down, along with the INT and no penalties. I know the referees called one on him while he was going up against a tackle, but that was complete BS. It's like the referee was looking for a reason to throw a flag on Browner.

I know there are plenty of candidates for the game ball but chasing Adrian Peterson down from behind is what sealed it for me.

The 15 yard penalty was not complete BS. He retaliated on a player and it always draws a flag. Sometimes they see what started it and throw a double - either way instead of a 2nd and 13 they get a first down 15 yards down the field - it was stupid. Still a great game by Browner but I disagree on not counting the penalty

Sorry but you are incorrect, go back and watch the play. I did, 5 times. The referee something like "For unnecessary contact with a player not involved in the play"

But Kalil was involved in the play, he was blocking Browner, pushing him backwards then raked his hand across Brandon's face. All Brandon did was chest bump him, and they threw a flag.

BS penalty called because the referee was looking for something to call on Browner, and imho per his "reputation." But that reputation is old news and shouldn't be used for making judgement calls. I hope Pete tears them a new one on that call and that the NFL spreads the word, "No calls on Browner that "have all the ingredients" of a foul.

Hawks46

Reaction score
"Browner is a Beaver and I love my Beavers"

What a coincidence ! I love Beavers too.

Seeker

Reaction score
yeah i love bb, that is the second time he had a never say die play like that. the first was that forced fumble on the panthers.

sturg78

Reaction score
I almost threw my beer through the tv when that flag was thrown. A thought crossed my mind much later that the action was not significant but perhaps the ref had warned Browner about some shenanigins prior to that play to the extent of "this is your last warning, stop being a punk" and then we were unfortunate enough that the ref only caught the chest bump and thought BB was still being said punk.

Being that we won I think it doesn't matter and I think BB is a baller. I feel that Browner is having an impressive season considering that he is thrown at way more then a CB of his quality should be. Sherman is shut down so QBs have to throw to Browners side. As such, he is going to get beat every now and again just like old Champ and a healthy Revis would if they were thrown to as much. The fact that he is getting picked on like a 2nd corner and still hardly makes a mistake is damn impressive.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seeker":3inlqskx said:
yeah i love bb, that is the second time he had a never say die play like that. the first was that forced fumble on the panthers.
How about that goal line stop? The dude just makes plays. He's even better this year than last and he seems a lot faster and more fluid out there (learning from Sherm?)

NYCoug

Reaction score
sturg78":2xlxj4xg said:
I almost threw my beer through the tv when that flag was thrown. A thought crossed my mind much later that the action was not significant but perhaps the ref had warned Browner about some shenanigins prior to that play to the extent of "this is your last warning, stop being a punk" and then we were unfortunate enough that the ref only caught the chest bump and thought BB was still being said punk.

Being that we won I think it doesn't matter and I think BB is a baller. I feel that Browner is having an impressive season considering that he is thrown at way more then a CB of his quality should be. Sherman is shut down so QBs have to throw to Browners side. As such, he is going to get beat every now and again just like old Champ and a healthy Revis would if they were thrown to as much. The fact that he is getting picked on like a 2nd corner and still hardly makes a mistake is damn impressive.

I was fuming after that "flag" also, maybe because I didn't have a beer to throw through my friend's TV? But seriously, that was weak sauce. If that's a flag, then what's this?! (neither should be a flag in my book btw)

[youtube]xENh4WdP4lw[/youtube]

As for your other point about Browner being thrown to more because of Sherman's greatness, I agree. I think the comparison I would use is Troy Vincent/Bobby Taylor from back in Philly, just bigger and stronger. Sherman would be our equivalent to Vincent, who was the better of the two from a technical standpoint, with Browner being similar to old friend Taylor, just way more physical and nasty. When you throw in the fact that the Eagles had Dawkins back there as well, I'd say we're pretty comparable to their secondary from back in the day. Except the Seahawks have 4 studs back there, and not just 3. To this day, that was the best secondary I ever saw when they were in their prime. I think when it's all said and done the Seahawks current secondary will go down in NFL lore as being better.