Monday in Hawkville: Concussions leaving Wright and Carpente

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• Jville wrote:
    Monday in Hawkville: Concussions leaving Wright and Carpenter up in the air

They may be a little vulnerable at linebacker going into the Jets game.

Link >>> http://blog.seahawks.com/2012/11/05/mon ... n-the-air/

Key word, "May". There is a minimum timeline to come back from a concussion. No need to worry until Wednesday.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• According to Pete's presser, he said that they are going through the battery of tests required. He added we'll likely know better later in the week. He also said with concussions, the way the timeline works, it's rare to see anyone be able to make it back for a Wednesday practice, so you should expect them to be a non participant on Wednesday. The important test is going to be the injury report on friday.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Where are the concussions going? Did they leave a forwarding address?

(better headlines people please)
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• He got pulled immediately from the game so it was probably a pretty serious concussion. He wont be feeling normal by Wednesday so even if he is passing the tests I'm sure he wont be a full participant in practice all week. Don't mess with serious concussions.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Carp should be good to go, since his concussion was from the previous week.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Hawks46 wrote:Carp should be good to go, since his concussion was from the previous week.

They aren't really sure when he got his. They are thinking it could have happened in practice. I hope he's ready, but sometimes people miss multiple games due to concussion. Hoping they are both ok
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Carpenter gets hurt in practice more than in games. . .
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *

• OneLofaTatupu wrote:Carpenter gets hurt in practice more than in games. . .

That's because our defense practices like a baws.
    poop
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• kidhawk wrote:
    Hawks46 wrote:Carp should be good to go, since his concussion was from the previous week.

They aren't really sure when he got his. They are thinking it could have happened in practice. I hope he's ready, but sometimes people miss multiple games due to concussion. Hoping they are both ok

Actually, it was in practice. Wilson was having trouble seeing over the line and zipped a pass off the back of carpenters head.
    FargoHawk
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• FargoHawk wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Hawks46 wrote:Carp should be good to go, since his concussion was from the previous week.

Actually, it was in practice. Wilson was having trouble seeing over the line and zipped a pass off the back of carpenters head.

I'm surprised Carpenter is still alive, really.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• mistaowen wrote:He got pulled immediately from the game so it was probably a pretty serious concussion. He wont be feeling normal by Wednesday so even if he is passing the tests I'm sure he wont be a full participant in practice all week. Don't mess with serious concussions.

All concussions are serious. All teams are supposed pull them if there is even a possibility.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Carp got a flu shot too that could be causing concussion-like symptoms.
    DYSFUNCTIONAL NINERS WON'T MAKE PLAYOFFS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/?p=6451
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• Thanks god we have the Jets at home followed by a bye week. Let anyone sit who needs to , time to get healthy
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Starter

• It is a brain bruise and is serious. There is no time table for anyone on their return. Only a gauge of severity. Hopefully they are not of the very bad variety. Carlson has had his share and his career may be in jeopardy.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Concussions are serious injuries. We shouldn't get our hopes up seeing Wright back this week.

In college I remember if you got a concussion you were usually out for a minimum of seven days. You had to be symptom free for one week to play again... so if this holds true, we won't see KJ back until the Dolphins game after the bye week.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• All these concussions are mind numbing.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Wonder how many posters on the site have ever had a concussion? The last one I had was brutal, took a couple of days to shake the cobwebs. It's like being high / drunk all the while knowing your not.

Hawks should be looking to shore the line backers anyway, it's the weak link in the D.
    irocdave
    NET Starter

• Back in high school I was driving home from football practice, I blacked out and would have driven right into the ditch if my dad hadn't grabbed the steering wheel (I was on a learners permit). He said my eyes were wide open and I was still looking straight ahead. I'm sure to this day I must have received a concussion in practice.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information