I am so confused

Minne

Reaction score
So I won club tickets at work last week and went on Sunday. The people in my section were snubs. I was the only person in my section standing and I got told to sit down or I'll be kicked out for standing because majority rules.

Never expire cued anything like this before.

ExperienceJones

Reaction score
Club seats aren't where the action is. Want to experience the Clink for all it has to offer, sit south endzone baby!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Upper class seating isn't where us middle class folks rock out with our Hawks out. Club seats are mostly for business executives, VIPs and generally people with money. The experience is looked at as merely yet another amenity, not an event to scream and yell for 3 hours. That's my opinion at least.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Yeh I sat in the club seats once a few years ago. When I stood up it looked like vanilla ice cream all round me with all the gray hairs.

It sucks sitting down there.

CUT LEON!

mikeak

Reaction score
As posted on this subject last week - you do what most of the other people in your section does. If you stand up during some great run - great and fine agree with it. But to stand up most of the game in a club section where people behind you are sitting etc nope wouldn't do it. Then go trade your ticket for other seats.

Those ticket holders also pay for having a team in town like it or dislike it. Sitting is their preference in general

SilNWest

Reaction score
That's strange because my first hawks game back when it was Qwest was in the club seats and the rich folk were just as rowdy as we were. We got the tickets from my mom's boss. He got tickets from beer vendors and he was supposed to give them to his employees and managers but he only gave them out twice a year and gave them to family and friends the rest of the time... jerk. Anyways, we had four people in front of us in their mid 30's who were completely toasted by the time we got there. They were screaming their heads off and one of the ladies kept trying to flirt with me drunkenly. (I was 17 at the time) Everyone in the whole section was standing, but I guess it was a long time ago.

The Radish

Reaction score
Minne":158taxgn said:
So I won club tickets at work last week and went on Sunday. The people in my section were snubs. I was the only person in my section standing and I got told to sit down or I'll be kicked out for standing because majority rules.

Never expire cued anything like this before.

Well no wonder,,,,,,Grandkids from Oroville aren't allowed in those seats.

:D

SeahawksRawk

Reaction score
Minne":zj933aok said:
I was the only person in my section standing and I got told to sit down or I'll be kicked out for standing because majority rules.

I think they may have shown you on TV. Mid 4th qt, they cut the the crowd. There was one guy standing yelling his arse off and everyone around him was sitting mouths closed, looking pissed at the world. Was that you? :thirishdrinkers:

RampagingMice

Reaction score
I had the opposite experience in Charter Section 107 - everyone standing for 4 quarters screaming like banshees.

Also, had a great experience with the Vikes fans; they were first rate (especially my lady, who had to spring for dinner and drinks afterwards.)

Claden

Reaction score
SeahawksRawk":yija0qw6 said:
Minne":yija0qw6 said:
I was the only person in my section standing and I got told to sit down or I'll be kicked out for standing because majority rules.

I think they may have shown you on TV. Mid 4th qt, they cut the the crowd. There was one guy standing yelling his arse off and everyone around him was sitting mouths closed, looking pissed at the world. Was that you? :thirishdrinkers:

:lol: I saw that too. :lol:

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
i would never be told to sit at a seahawks game. i just wouldnt allow it. I would be kicked out lol

if people want to sit down and not cheer and watch the game stay home !!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":30fhj3l0 said:
i would never be told to sit at a seahawks game. i just wouldnt allow it. I would be kicked out lol

if people want to sit down and not cheer and watch the game stay home !!

What if you were blocking the view of an elderly person that has issues standing for extended periods?

At some point they machismo needs to give way to courtesy.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
I don't know...I've seen some CRAZY folks in the club seats (and some of those grandmas in club are downright HAWK-NUTS!!)

A

Anonymous

Along these same lines, we attended a Tom Petty concert a few years back at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in The Woodlands, TX. The pavilion is an outdoor amphitheater that has seats "under the tent" toward the stage, a grassy hill for the upper two-thirds or so, and a total capacity of about 22,000 folks. We sat mid-way back of the seated area from the stage and were surrounded by what seemed to be between 40-50 year-olds. In Texas one can drink in your seats but cannot smoke. That must be done in designated areas.

Us, being in our mid-forties, are the "stand-up-and-rock" sort, and prefer to spend almost all of our time that way while the bands are playing. After about four songs or so, the couple behind us tapped my wife on the shoulder and asked if we would kindly sit down so they could enjoy the concert too. What transpired shortly thereafter was a basic "we paid over $100.00 a ticket for these seats and we want to rock, so if you don't like it leave" conversation. The couple didn't like that response then enlisted the aid of the security personnel who politely told them that as paying patrons we had the right to stand or sit at the spot we were ticketed for. They were encouraged to stand or take refuge in the lawn area. We remained standing, and enjoyed the concert thoroughly. Love tom Petty.

Check the fine print on the back of your ticket. There is nothing there that says you have to sit in that seat regardless of its location in the venue. So, stand up, yell your ass off, and if the folks behind you don't like it, it's merely bad luck on their part. They need to chalk it up as one of those "I guess I should have bought front row tickets so no one is in front of me" moments in life. You paid hard-earned cash for those tickets (or somebody did) and you can use that real estate for anything accept for that which is illegal or breaks stadium policy while you occupy them. Screw common decency and politeness, you rented that spot for three hours. Enjoy it however you like.

Now, I would take a peek behind me to see who I was blocking. If it was an able-bodied person, screw 'em.

mikeak

Reaction score
Did the ticket say anything about being allowed to stab the person ahead of you in the back?......

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
No however I am fairly positive that stabbing backs is already one of those no go things...

I guess as far as the stand or sit debate, gotta assess the situation and make the call accordingly. I don't think I could sit a whole game.

OP
OP
Minne

Minne

Reaction score
SeahawksRawk":13sanxdw said:
Minne":13sanxdw said:

Not sure. Didn't get to see the tv version of the game.

But I just thought it was dumb, the guy behind me told me to sit, and I said no we don't sit at hawks games. So he ran off like a little girl and told alochol enforcement and they gave me the green light them security came and told me to sit. Hated it

vongstaTHEmonsta

Reaction score
My first Hawks game was a few years back when Seattle played Tennessee and C Johnson got his 2000 yard rushing.
Everyone was standing and screaming and obviously I was too. ... but there was this chubby dbag in sitting right behind me.
He was holding a hotdog in both his hands and sitting down... and he looked like Andy Anderson from that one cartoon show... anyways, i was wearing a Branch jersey and he was like "Hey branch! Hey branch! Can you sit down... we're all trying to watch the game... and being a total dick to me...." I sat down for a bit just cus i wanted to be polite... then I was like eff it... and stood up cus i'm a real Seahawks fan.

Not too relevant to this topic but I just wanted to share my first Hawks game.... anyways, go on.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
My first ever hawks game, I was a kid, my dad took me. They were playing the chargers, don't remember the year but it was at husky stadium. Anyway, some drunk asshat behind us was throwing peanuts at us for no reason. So now that is what I remember above all else about that day. Pretty sad how rude some ppl can be.

Not saying standing up and getting loud is anything close to that.

Latest posts