#3 is gonna be a fixture on this team for 12+ years.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":126zvboz said:
I'd also make the argument that Indy's coaching staff threw a few games to get the #1 pick. No proof, no evidence, just a gut feeling. Players always compete, but some coaches may have..."other" motivations.

If that's the case, it was stupid since it cost pretty much everyone their jobs.

m0ng0

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3uespxua said:
I wanted us to draft Wilson, and I was glad when we did, but I was in the "let's sit him for a year or two behind Flynn to learn the NFL" crowd. Glad the coaches made the best decision to let him learn on the job.

+1

volsunghawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":pbb5aa6n said:
I'd also make the argument that Indy's coaching staff threw a few games to get the #1 pick. No proof, no evidence, just a gut feeling. Players always compete, but some coaches may have..."other" motivations.

Considering that teams that perform poorly enough to end up picking #1 tend to end up changing coaches, I don't see how someone comes up with this "gut feeling." Like Caldwell and Co. were thinking, "Hey, we're already a pretty criticized coaching staff... why not tank the season to see if we can get the #1 pick for whoever takes over once we're fired?"

Lithium

Reaction score
I was one of the people who was not impressed with Wilson in the last few weeks, but I have to say after watching yesterday he was amazing, nearly perfect on every single throw and decision. very impressive

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Yep, I'm so relieved that he has progressed as quickly as he has. When he went down clutching his knee yesterday I was thinking Oh no! Not when he's finally found his groove.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I've been a believer since the preseason and at this point I say: I never want to see Russell Wilson in a jersey other than a Seahawks jersey. If Rice can stay healthy and be his Marvin Harrison, let's get this kid a Reggie Wayne and watch them all destroy this league for years to come!!!

Latest posts