Earl Thomas

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Earl Thomas
Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:13 am
  • Was lights out yesterday!

He played with a fire that I haven't seen him play with, possibly ever, as a Seahawk. There were a few times where he came flying in hard on a run blitz and took down AP before he could get going. He also NEARLY had an amazing interception that would've thrown us into a frenzy. All in all he played a very impressive game.

It seemed like he definitely stepped up to help lead this football team on defense. Browner and Sherman were there to answer the call as well.

Here's to Earl Thomas showin em how it's done! :thirishdrinkers:
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Re: Earl Thomas
Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:16 am
  • ...and he missed another pick.

:stirthepot:

But yes - he was very active.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:19 am
  • I noticed that as well. He was willing that team. My guess is the team needs a lil boost because of fatigue. They need their bye.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 am
  • He was so geeked after that AP hit, it was like:
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:25 am
  • pehawk wrote:I noticed that as well. He was willing that team. My guess is the team needs a lil boost because of fatigue. They need their bye.

Funny i got ridiculed when i said they deserve and need their bye for the final stretch of games to get get their legs under them.
    Kelly.Orr
    NET Starter

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:32 am
  • i love ET, probably my favorite player on the team because of his intensity, and just raw talent.. but he is missing a lot of sure picks that are hitting him right in the hands, if i'm not mistaken that was the 4th he's dropped.. not sure what's going on with this dudes hands, none of these would have been tough catches.. don't ever remember him having this bad of a season dropping anything... very strange to me, maybe just chalk it up to , just not having a good seaon, (catching the ball wise) , i don't know????????? but at leat he's in position to break up the play..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:52 am
  • hawker84 wrote:i love ET, probably my favorite player on the team because of his intensity, and just raw talent.. but he is missing a lot of sure picks that are hitting him right in the hands, if i'm not mistaken that was the 4th he's dropped.. not sure what's going on with this dudes hands, none of these would have been tough catches.. don't ever remember him having this bad of a season dropping anything... very strange to me, maybe just chalk it up to , just not having a good seaon, (catching the ball wise) , i don't know????????? but at leat he's in position to break up the play..

That was not a sure pick yesterday. He went up all the way to try to snag it. Very difficult for any player to make that play.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:58 am
  • Not just Thomas, the entire defensive backfield was lights out.

I don't get on Thomas for dropping picks...........he gets his hands on balls no other safety even comes close to.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:03 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Not just Thomas, the entire defensive backfield was lights out.

I don't get on Thomas for dropping picks...........he gets his hands on balls no other safety even comes close to.

Kind of like an excellent shortstop in baseball. Sure, they'll make more errors (in this case drop more picks) but that's due to the fact that they get to balls that most others wouldn't, giving them more opportunity for error.

Regardless I don't think I'd qualify the one yesterday as a dropped pick. That would've been sick had he landed it. Not many guys in this league make that interception that he had at Detroit. He came out of nowhere and just flew!
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:15 am
  • FlyingGreg wrote:...and he missed another pick.

Funny you mention this, cuz I always joke with my son aobut him having stone hands. But that's why he's a DB, if he had magnet hands he'd be a WR.
    Schadie001
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:24 am
  • NYCoug wrote:Was lights out yesterday!

He played with a fire that I haven't seen him play with, possibly ever, as a Seahawk. There were a few times where he came flying in hard on a run blitz and took down AP before he could get going. He also NEARLY had an amazing interception that would've thrown us into a frenzy. All in all he played a very impressive game.

It seemed like he definitely stepped up to help lead this football team on defense. Browner and Sherman were there to answer the call as well.

Here's to Earl Thomas showin em how it's done! :thirishdrinkers:

He played well but certainly not lights out. He missed a key tackle on AP and dropped a potential pick.
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:27 am
  • Love ET, but this was his worst game of the season. He missed 4 tackles and 1 INT. Chancellor was invisible too.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:31 am
  • His ankle tackle of Peterson in the 2nd half was huge. Otherwise that was a TD for sure. But he needs to start catching these potential interceptions. He has Ed Reed like abilities, but the difference is that Reed makes those catches.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:33 pm
  • Earl Thomas ‏@Earl_Thomas

It's crazy I use to have hands...I think I dropped like 8pics this season ...smh#kingpbu..lol
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:44 pm
  • lukerguy wrote:Love ET, but this was his worst game of the season. He missed 4 tackles and 1 INT. Chancellor was invisible too.

He also made some huge tackles. And like I said before, that INT was not a sure pick. He went as high as he could to try and get that.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:23 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:Love ET, but this was his worst game of the season. He missed 4 tackles and 1 INT. Chancellor was invisible too.

He also made some huge tackles. And like I said before, that INT was not a sure pick. He went as high as he could to try and get that.

Yes, but his Tweet with Doc quoted above tells me he knows he felt he should have snagged that.

He's dropped a lot of potential picks this season, there's no question. Some of them would have been towards the "great catch" side of things (I agree with you - the one yesterday was not an easy pick).

I sense that he will start coming up with some more.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:08 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:i love ET, probably my favorite player on the team because of his intensity, and just raw talent.. but he is missing a lot of sure picks that are hitting him right in the hands, if i'm not mistaken that was the 4th he's dropped.. not sure what's going on with this dudes hands, none of these would have been tough catches.. don't ever remember him having this bad of a season dropping anything... very strange to me, maybe just chalk it up to , just not having a good seaon, (catching the ball wise) , i don't know????????? but at leat he's in position to break up the play..

That was not a sure pick yesterday. He went up all the way to try to snag it. Very difficult for any player to make that play.

disagree, perfectly timed jump, ball hit him square in the hands, routine? no. tough catch? no. look, all these guys are pro's!!!! they are playing skilled positions for a reason... they made it to the NFL because they were stars at every level leading up to the NFL... they are getting paid big dollars to make those plays.. sick of these excuses, ah the pass was wobbly, he's a rookie, F that they're pro's and skill players, catch the F'n ball.... but like i stated, he's just having an off year ( catching the ball wise ) stop making excuses for these guys...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:18 pm
  • guys , earl thomas is only 23 years old !!!!!! his future is bright.

he will start catching all of these balls .
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:20 pm
  • Earl is a bust!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:32 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:Love ET, but this was his worst game of the season. He missed 4 tackles and 1 INT. Chancellor was invisible too.

I was thinking both of these. Still one of the top safties in the league, but there was room fo improvement yesterday. He knows it. He's a competitor. He'll keep getting it done.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:44 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:tough catch? no.

Not a tough catch? Pffffffff. Okaaaaay.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:09 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:

Yes, but his Tweet with Doc quoted above tells me he knows he felt he should have snagged that.

He's dropped a lot of potential picks this season, there's no question. Some of them would have been towards the "great catch" side of things (I agree with you - the one yesterday was not an easy pick).

I sense that he will start coming up with some more.

What do you expect him to say? Any catch that has you going up and catching it over the shoulder is difficult.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:32 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Earl is a bust!

You just "love" spraying sh*t, don't you?
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:34 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Earl is a bust!

You just "love" spraying sh*t, don't you?

Yes and I even manage to do it without using yellow text.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:37 pm
  • Talking smack to A.P. after he picked up a first down looked so stupid. What the hell E.T.?....just play lights out and celebrate when you do something that makes a difference like hanging onto the sure INT's you have dropped this year.
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:42 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Talking smack to A.P. after he picked up a first down looked so stupid. What the hell E.T.?....just play lights out and celebrate when you do something that makes a difference like hanging onto the sure INT's you have dropped this year.

I very much liked the fire , He tackled Adrian Peterson 1 vs 1 , something the other ten guys on our team had to see. because nobody else did it yesterday.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:56 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:What do you expect him to say? Any catch that has you going up and catching it over the shoulder is difficult.

I don't "expect" him to say anything....and that doesn't fit here. He wouldn't create a Tweet about it if he felt otherwise.

:shock:

We get you think he can do no wrong. As I said, it would have been a great pick. That doesn't answer for all the other ones he's dropped this season. He's a great player, but he has missed a lot of picks this season....it's ok.
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:14 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:What do you expect him to say? Any catch that has you going up and catching it over the shoulder is difficult.

I don't "expect" him to say anything....and that doesn't fit here. He wouldn't create a Tweet about it if he felt otherwise.

We get you think he can do no wrong. As I said, it would have been a great pick. That doesn't answer for all the other ones he's dropped this season. He's a great player, but he has missed a lot of picks this season....it's ok.

"We get"? Yeah, okay. I called him out on the Patriots game for dropping those picks. Gtfoh with that BS.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:31 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:What do you expect him to say? Any catch that has you going up and catching it over the shoulder is difficult.

"We get"? Yeah, okay. I called him out on the Patriots game for dropping those picks. Gtfoh with that BS.

Ahh ok, so you are just bipolar.

:mrgreen:
    @SeahawkGreg

FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:36 pm
  • Earl is a decent player but he looked so bush league talking to A.P. which had owned him all game and even on the play of his "smack" talking.

Earl....shut up and do your job. Especially if you are getting run over.
    R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:36 pm
  • lukerguy wrote:Love ET, but this was his worst game of the season. He missed 4 tackles and 1 INT. Chancellor was invisible too.

ET's worst game of the season could be the best of the season for many other safeties, just remember.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:40 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:
    FlyingGreg wrote:[quote="-The Glove-"]What do you expect him to say? Any catch that has you going up and catching it over the shoulder is difficult.

Ahh ok, so you are just bipolar.

:mrgreen:[/quote]
    Good one!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:58 pm
  • ET has been my favorite player since he came in from Texas. I really hope this young man plays his entire career here!

Also, he's so awkwardly funny on Real Rob, adds a nice dynamic to the personality of the team off field.

PS - Put in Flynn, dude catches anything...anytime...anywhere. If not that head will swat everything else.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:16 pm
  • My favorite play from Thomas was one that Tim Ryan called incorrectly. It was the deep pass that Ponder took a shot on and Earl flashed back into the play, while Ryan was saying that Ponder should have taken the throw to the intermediate middle because he was throwing deep into double coverage. Watching the replay, Thomas was actually closer to the intermediate middle receiver than the deep guy before Ponder committed to throw deep. As soon as Ponder wound up to go deep, Thomas turned and sprinted back into the play. It was ridiculously impressive closing speed from Thomas.
    FIRE CABLE!
    BASF
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:53 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:...and he missed another pick.

If he caught them all I'm pretty sure he'd have 5. I might be missing one so it might be 6 too. He's got to make those.

But yeah, GG..... :lol:
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information