Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:52 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:58 pm
Posts: 657
"People say I can't admit I am wrong. Well, here goes: Marshawn Lynch is a much better runner this season than I expected. Guy is running hard."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pete- ... ees-insult

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:52 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
Posts: 7407
Location: CVN-68
Good...there's step 1. Now if he will only come clean on the other 249 things he's been wrong on over the years, especially the Seahawks.

I can't stand that buffoon.

_________________
@SeahawkGreg

Image

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:09 pm
Posts: 836
Location: Puyallup, WA
What a revelation.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:04 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 3181
Actually, you can't blame the guy for saying that though. Throughout the entire NFL, RBs usually have a down year after they sign a big contract. You see guys avoiding contact, running out of bounds, and doing the opposite of what got them the big money. It happens more often than not, so when Prisco said that, it wasn't personal against the Hawks. It was just a general statment that is usually true. Just ask the Titans.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:05 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Don't care. Still hate him and he's still a braindead hack.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:17 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4306
Still cracking up at his Patriots 16-0 prediction.

One of life's mysterious questions is how that guy was EVER hired by a major corporation to be a sports writer. I read better pieces on Bleacher Report.

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:05 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9833
Pete Pissquick is still writing? Who knew?

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:14 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1239
Players at all position slack off after they get their big contract. People around here just remember what Sean Alexander was like after his - take a knee and wait for contact.

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:16 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 12380
Location: Anchorage, AK
Why is it that the people who like to dis Alexander are the same people who don't know his name is spelled SHAUN? This can't be a coincidence, it happns way too frequently

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:34 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
kidhawk wrote:
Why is it that the people who like to dis Alexander are the same people who don't know his name is spelled SHAUN? This can't be a coincidence, it happns way too frequently


Alexander was the best RB we have ever had. Lynch has been great, but everyone is so quick to forget the production that we got in Alexander's first 5 years. He was amazing.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:35 pm 
NET Ring Of Honor
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 21064
Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014
And now I can sleep soundly.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:49 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:15 pm
Posts: 310
Uh, Priscoe...ya...um, uh, you're still not invited. Continue your pleasuring of Brady and Manning, we really want no part of your show.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:35 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 3086
kidhawk wrote:
Why is it that the people who like to dis Alexander are the same people who don't know his name is spelled SHAUN? This can't be a coincidence, it happns way too frequently


BA-ZING!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:58 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1239
peachesenregalia wrote:
kidhawk wrote:
Why is it that the people who like to dis Alexander are the same people who don't know his name is spelled SHAUN? This can't be a coincidence, it happns way too frequently


Alexander was the best RB we have ever had. Lynch has been great, but everyone is so quick to forget the production that we got in Alexander's first 5 years. He was amazing.

What would Lynch be like with Sean Alexader's oline?

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:09 pm 
* Dirty Harry *
* Dirty Harry *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am
Posts: 5424
Location: Magnolia, Texas
Prisco is a dillweed. Always has been, always will be.

I avoid all his crap.

_________________
"God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:17 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:17 pm
Posts: 483
Lords of Scythia wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
kidhawk wrote:
Why is it that the people who like to dis Alexander are the same people who don't know his name is spelled SHAUN? This can't be a coincidence, it happns way too frequently


Alexander was the best RB we have ever had. Lynch has been great, but everyone is so quick to forget the production that we got in Alexander's first 5 years. He was amazing.

What would Lynch be like with Sean Alexader's oline?



Lynch would be like that Tampa rook Doug Martin vs Raiders on Roids, with double NOS bottles
on each side of his Nike Cleats, playing against Pee Wee backups.


Okay, maybe I went a little too far with "backups"
8)

_________________
MESSAGE TO THE 12TH MAN : IF YOU LEAVE THE CLINK WITH YOUR VOICE, UR DOING IT WRONG.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:17 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Lords of Scythia wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
kidhawk wrote:
Why is it that the people who like to dis Alexander are the same people who don't know his name is spelled SHAUN? This can't be a coincidence, it happns way too frequently


Alexander was the best RB we have ever had. Lynch has been great, but everyone is so quick to forget the production that we got in Alexander's first 5 years. He was amazing.

What would Lynch be like with Sean Alexader's oline?


This question is irrelevant. Alexander was phenomenal with Alexander's o-line. An all-time great sea-hawk, and most people can only dis him because of his poor last couple of seasons with us.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:15 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 3086
Lords of Scythia wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
kidhawk wrote:
Why is it that the people who like to dis Alexander are the same people who don't know his name is spelled SHAUN? This can't be a coincidence, it happns way too frequently


Alexander was the best RB we have ever had. Lynch has been great, but everyone is so quick to forget the production that we got in Alexander's first 5 years. He was amazing.

What would Lynch be like with Sean Alexader's oline?


Marsean Linch would be waaayyyyy better than Sean Aleaxanders cuz he waz a bum taht never did nuthin for us LULZ

[/sarcasm]

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:44 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2262
Shaun Alexander scored 27 TDs, led the league in rushing yards (10th in the all-time single season list) and was league MVP running behind Sean Locklear.

How about THAT.

Lynch's running style is impressive and his yards after contact make him look a stronger runner than Alexander, but one reason Alexander didn't get many YAC is because he was so good at flat-out making defenders miss, and then his speed allowed him to get away from defenders.

Even if he was running behind a line of Jones-Hutch-Tobeck-Hutch-Jones Lynch would probably still get caught after 10-15 yards most times he broke a "big run" because he lacks that top-tier speed.
Watching AP on Sunday was like a reminder of 2004-05 Alexander, Lynch will probably never be able to give us a performance like that


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:51 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
Posts: 2364
Location: Sammamish, WA
Screw him, the fact that anyone wouldn't think Lynch was a stud is not worth the effort

_________________
60 percent of the time..........it works........every time


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:32 am
Posts: 1239
themunn wrote:
Shaun Alexander scored 27 TDs, led the league in rushing yards (10th in the all-time single season list) and was league MVP running behind Sean Locklear.

How about THAT.

Lynch's running style is impressive and his yards after contact make him look a stronger runner than Alexander, but one reason Alexander didn't get many YAC is because he was so good at flat-out making defenders miss, and then his speed allowed him to get away from defenders.

Even if he was running behind a line of Jones-Hutch-Tobeck-Hutch-Jones Lynch would probably still get caught after 10-15 yards most times he broke a "big run" because he lacks that top-tier speed.
Watching AP on Sunday was like a reminder of 2004-05 Alexander, Lynch will probably never be able to give us a performance like that

There's some truth to that.

_________________
CAN THE SEAHAWKS SURVIVE LOSING CLEMONS?
http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/04/16/ ... s-clemons/
Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4666
Location: The 5-0
Alexander was very good. His line was out of this frikin' world.

Make no mistake about it, you could grab 1/2 dozen RBs from around the league, at any given time, that would put up numbers similar to SA's behind that line. Here's a good way of looking at this (because I know you ain't buying what I just said) :

SA averaged no more per carry than Ricky Watters did before him. And Watters, who was sort've a cross between SA and Lynch, had many, many miles (and hits) on him while running at the same clip as SA.

SA laid down too much and did so un-apologetically. He was "soft". Few know or want to believe this, but Hutch hated SA with a passion and when the Hawks re-signed SA, the fools we were, Hutch had seen enough and bolted. That is fact. The FO caved into our groupie type fan base and letting the league MVP walk would have been a PR nitemare. Consequently, we've been living a nitemare ever since. Ring of honor, yes. Hall of fame? hell no.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:12 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11207
HawkWow wrote:
Few know or want to believe this, but Hutch hated SA with a passion and when the Hawks re-signed SA, the fools we were, Hutch had seen enough and bolted. That is fact.


Can you back this up? This is the first time I've heard this interpretation.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4666
Location: The 5-0
I have no physical proof. Just as nobody can prove he didn't. But he did. I won't name my source, it would be uncool because he is no longer with us (or the Hawks). Most of you will recall SA rarely got up by himself after tackled. look at some film from around 04-05, and watch hoe Hutch would deliberately step over SA, or walk past him..even with SA's hand extended. Look at the post- NFC championship game celebration, where the drunken Bradshaw started asking SA about whether he would return to the team after the season. SA goes into a bunch of his typical hamming for the cam routine and Hutch is seen scowling at him in disgust.

These were things I noticed and asked my friend if my assumptions were correct. This was the week immediately following the NFC C. He assured me I was correct and went further in stating that Hutch felt SA took too much credit and was rediculously arrogant. He also made comments about SA's supposed religious beliefs that I won't go into here.

Hutch helped Minnesota write the poison pill into the contract. He was pissed at Ruskell and didn't want to continue blocking for SA. It was all down hill from there.

Let me say here that I have little against SA and I am grateful he was a Hawk. He never pretended to be Lynch and often said his style might appear soft but believed it would keep him on the field. I rank him as our 3rd best RB but ML may eclipse that.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:51 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8823
Location: Granite Falls, WA
HawkWow wrote:
I have no physical proof. Just as nobody can prove he didn't. But he did. I won't name my source, it would be uncool because he is no longer with us (or the Hawks). Most of you will recall SA rarely got up by himself after tackled. look at some film from around 04-05, and watch hoe Hutch would deliberately step over SA, or walk past him..even with SA's hand extended. Look at the post- NFC championship game celebration, where the drunken Bradshaw started asking SA about whether he would return to the team after the season. SA goes into a bunch of his typical hamming for the cam routine and Hutch is seen scowling at him in disgust.

These were things I noticed and asked my friend if my assumptions were correct. This was the week immediately following the NFC C. He assured me I was correct and went further in stating that Hutch felt SA took too much credit and was rediculously arrogant. He also made comments about SA's supposed religious beliefs that I won't go into here.

Hutch helped Minnesota write the poison pill into the contract. He was pissed at Ruskell and didn't want to continue blocking for SA. It was all down hill from there.

Let me say here that I have little against SA and I am grateful he was a Hawk. He never pretended to be Lynch and often said his style might appear soft but believed it would keep him on the field. I rank him as our 3rd best RB but ML may eclipse that.


Ok so what you said was made up.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:21 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4666
Location: The 5-0
Please tell me you don't actually think I give a **** what you think. This was apparently common knowledge within the org and even around the league. This should tell you how far removed you are from the actual team. You're a message board warrior. No more.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:31 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13441
Location: King In The North
HawkWow wrote:
Please tell me you don't actually think I give a **** what you think. This was apparently common knowledge within the org and even around the league. This should tell you how far removed you are from the actual team. You're a message board warrior. No more.

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:32 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Hawkwow, you very obviously completely made that nonsense up about Hutch and SA. You're just another rube who wants to hate on everything Alexander did for this franchise while he was here. Shaun was a fantastic runner, and no, you couldn't just put any of half a dozen backs around the league behind that line and they'd pick up similar numbers. Alexander was elusive, fast and knew how to hit a hole and turn the speed on.

If you can produce even one shred of evidence to back up your claim about hutch, I'll apologize and leave you alone forever, but I think i speak for many on here when I say that until then, it appears to be a complete fabrication.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:44 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17583
Location: The beautiful PNW
HawkWow wrote:
I have no physical proof. Just as nobody can prove he didn't. But he did. I won't name my source, it would be uncool because he is no longer with us (or the Hawks). Most of you will recall SA rarely got up by himself after tackled. look at some film from around 04-05, and watch hoe Hutch would deliberately step over SA, or walk past him..even with SA's hand extended. Look at the post- NFC championship game celebration, where the drunken Bradshaw started asking SA about whether he would return to the team after the season. SA goes into a bunch of his typical hamming for the cam routine and Hutch is seen scowling at him in disgust.

These were things I noticed and asked my friend if my assumptions were correct. This was the week immediately following the NFC C. He assured me I was correct and went further in stating that Hutch felt SA took too much credit and was rediculously arrogant. He also made comments about SA's supposed religious beliefs that I won't go into here.

Hutch helped Minnesota write the poison pill into the contract. He was pissed at Ruskell and didn't want to continue blocking for SA. It was all down hill from there.

Let me say here that I have little against SA and I am grateful he was a Hawk. He never pretended to be Lynch and often said his style might appear soft but believed it would keep him on the field. I rank him as our 3rd best RB but ML may eclipse that.


Um, Hutch is still pissed. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Hutch take a swing at SA in the locker room. I guess it's pretty serious.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:46 am 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
HawkWow wrote:
I have no physical proof. Just as nobody can prove he didn't. But he did. I won't name my source, it would be uncool because he is no longer with us (or the Hawks). Most of you will recall SA rarely got up by himself after tackled. look at some film from around 04-05, and watch hoe Hutch would deliberately step over SA, or walk past him..even with SA's hand extended. Look at the post- NFC championship game celebration, where the drunken Bradshaw started asking SA about whether he would return to the team after the season. SA goes into a bunch of his typical hamming for the cam routine and Hutch is seen scowling at him in disgust.

These were things I noticed and asked my friend if my assumptions were correct. This was the week immediately following the NFC C. He assured me I was correct and went further in stating that Hutch felt SA took too much credit and was rediculously arrogant. He also made comments about SA's supposed religious beliefs that I won't go into here.

Hutch helped Minnesota write the poison pill into the contract. He was pissed at Ruskell and didn't want to continue blocking for SA. It was all down hill from there.

Let me say here that I have little against SA and I am grateful he was a Hawk. He never pretended to be Lynch and often said his style might appear soft but believed it would keep him on the field. I rank him as our 3rd best RB but ML may eclipse that.


Um, Hutch is still pissed. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Hutch take a swing at SA in the locker room. I guess it's pretty serious.


Something-d-o-o economics......voodoo economics

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:00 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 282
Pissco is still a twat


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2447
HawkWow wrote:

Hutch helped Minnesota write the poison pill into the contract. He was pissed at Ruskell and didn't want to continue blocking for SA. It was all down hill from there.


Him being pissed at Ruskell had nothing to do with Alexander, it had to do with being transition tagged and not being given a huge contract extension.

I think you're suffering from a little biased SA infused revisionist history.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4666
Location: The 5-0
See, this is the problem with message boards: Groupies. Do you clowns actually think your little heros are just about rainbows, team spirit and little more? Just because you dressed in your SA pajamas for bed every nite before saying your prayers does not make him perfect. Only in your fantasy world is that so.

I could easily back up my claims here, but feel absolutely no desire to do so. I mean, who are YOU? I'm not about to throw someone (once very prominent in the org) under the bus to satisfy a bunch of half-wit groupies. Half of you can't even comprehend a simple sentence. IE: I never said Hutch was pissed at Ruskell (solely) because of the re-signing of SA. But I will say that was the final straw, and I know this to be fact. You can either believe it or not...I couldn't care less.

My concept of a measge board is much different than yours. It is not the center of my universe. I use the board to share information. When I see misinformation or fantasy tales, I'm likely to comment.

Perhaps one of you fanatics would like to explain the REAL reason Hutch bailed. Do you sincerely believe it was solely because Ruskell allowed him to test the market or because he wanted to be closer to home? C'mon...get a clue. This guy is going to walk away from a SB team because he was allowed to "test the market"? And he intentionally helped write a contract that would dis-allow him from re-signing with a SB team, playing next to arguably the greatest LT in history, because he was allowed to test the market? LMAO.

I said in my OP that I am happy SA was a Hawk. He did some good things, but mostly because of the line. SA was not liked in the NFL. You can believe that or not. He was soft and he was arrogant. That won't win you many friends in the NFL. When he went to Washington, the first thing he was told by Clinton Portis was "stay away from me and stay out of my way. You are not welcome here". Now, this is information readily available. Do your homework before you start calling people liars. All that glitters isn't gold...not even for the Seahawks. You did know Chris Warren was a deadbeat dad, right? That should bring out the CW groupies. ;)

In closing: This is an anonymous msg board. You have no idea who I am, just as I have no idea who you are. I could be Pete Carroll for all you know. I have no reason to make things up and/or impress you with my relationship with the Hawks past FO. You're just not that important. The good news is now, you have been made aware of the truth. What you choose to do with this is entirely up to you. Sorry to disrupt your little fantasy, please re-join your world of unicorns, rainbows and perfect Seahawks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:47 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4666
Location: The 5-0
Sgt. Largent wrote:
HawkWow wrote:

Hutch helped Minnesota write the poison pill into the contract. He was pissed at Ruskell and didn't want to continue blocking for SA. It was all down hill from there.


Him being pissed at Ruskell had nothing to do with Alexander, it had to do with being transition tagged and not being given a huge contract extension.

I think you're suffering from a little biased SA infused revisionist history.


So you actually think that Hutch was happy with SA getting the big contract when he didn't? That's your argument? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Oh, I see, posts like this are designed to up your post count while making you popular with the groupies. Good work, you're a genius (here)!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4666
Location: The 5-0
peachesenregalia wrote:
Hawkwow, you very obviously completely made that nonsense up about Hutch and SA. You're just another rube who wants to hate on everything Alexander did for this franchise while he was here. Shaun was a fantastic runner, and no, you couldn't just put any of half a dozen backs around the league behind that line and they'd pick up similar numbers. Alexander was elusive, fast and knew how to hit a hole and turn the speed on.

If you can produce even one shred of evidence to back up your claim about hutch, I'll apologize and leave you alone forever, but I think i speak for many on here when I say that until then, it appears to be a complete fabrication.



It appears to be a fabrication based on what? Your love affair with SA? Take the rainbow glasses off, read deeper into what I've said, and if you have any,...common sense should prevail. Hutch did not dump this team because he wasn't offered a huge contract. He knew we would match whatever offer was out there. Once SA got the extension, Hutch intentionally had Minn write that he would be "the highest paid player on the line". He did this knowing we could not, since WJ had that in his contract. It's odd that you people ignore the obvious with SA, but want to believe Hutch would bail on Jones and a SB team for the exact same money from a crap team like Minnesota. Use your brains people. Seriously. I won't comment further on this subject. It's like talking to (SA's) children.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:04 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
Posts: 13441
Location: King In The North
BAN THE TROLL!!!

_________________
Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:23 pm 
* NET Starfish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:29 am
Posts: 10224
Location: Helm's Deep
HawkWow wrote:
peachesenregalia wrote:
Hawkwow, you very obviously completely made that nonsense up about Hutch and SA. You're just another rube who wants to hate on everything Alexander did for this franchise while he was here. Shaun was a fantastic runner, and no, you couldn't just put any of half a dozen backs around the league behind that line and they'd pick up similar numbers. Alexander was elusive, fast and knew how to hit a hole and turn the speed on.

If you can produce even one shred of evidence to back up your claim about hutch, I'll apologize and leave you alone forever, but I think i speak for many on here when I say that until then, it appears to be a complete fabrication.



It appears to be a fabrication based on what? Your love affair with SA? Take the rainbow glasses off, read deeper into what I've said, and if you have any,...common sense should prevail. Hutch did not dump this team because he wasn't offered a huge contract. He knew we would match whatever offer was out there. Once SA got the extension, Hutch intentionally had Minn write that he would be "the highest paid player on the line". He did this knowing we could not, since WJ had that in his contract. It's odd that you people ignore the obvious with SA, but want to believe Hutch would bail on Jones and a SB team for the exact same money from a crap team like Minnesota. Use your brains people. Seriously. I won't comment further on this subject. It's like talking to (SA's) children.


So....you did make it all up then. Okay.

_________________
Rzzzzz...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:32 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am
Posts: 3086
:snack:

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:34 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 118
HawkWow wrote:
See, this is the problem with message boards: Groupies. Do you clowns actually think your little heros are just about rainbows, team spirit and little more? Just because you dressed in your SA pajamas for bed every nite before saying your prayers does not make him perfect. Only in your fantasy world is that so.

I could easily back up my claims here, but feel absolutely no desire to do so. I mean, who are YOU? I'm not about to throw someone (once very prominent in the org) under the bus to satisfy a bunch of half-wit groupies. Half of you can't even comprehend a simple sentence. IE: I never said Hutch was pissed at Ruskell (solely) because of the re-signing of SA. But I will say that was the final straw, and I know this to be fact. You can either believe it or not...I couldn't care less.

My concept of a measge board is much different than yours. It is not the center of my universe. I use the board to share information. When I see misinformation or fantasy tales, I'm likely to comment.

Perhaps one of you fanatics would like to explain the REAL reason Hutch bailed. Do you sincerely believe it was solely because Ruskell allowed him to test the market or because he wanted to be closer to home? C'mon...get a clue. This guy is going to walk away from a SB team because he was allowed to "test the market"? And he intentionally helped write a contract that would dis-allow him from re-signing with a SB team, playing next to arguably the greatest LT in history, because he was allowed to test the market? LMAO.

I said in my OP that I am happy SA was a Hawk. He did some good things, but mostly because of the line. SA was not liked in the NFL. You can believe that or not. He was soft and he was arrogant. That won't win you many friends in the NFL. When he went to Washington, the first thing he was told by Clinton Portis was "stay away from me and stay out of my way. You are not welcome here". Now, this is information readily available. Do your homework before you start calling people liars. All that glitters isn't gold...not even for the Seahawks. You did know Chris Warren was a deadbeat dad, right? That should bring out the CW groupies. ;)

In closing: This is an anonymous msg board. You have no idea who I am, just as I have no idea who you are. I could be Pete Carroll for all you know. I have no reason to make things up and/or impress you with my relationship with the Hawks past FO. You're just not that important. The good news is now, you have been made aware of the truth. What you choose to do with this is entirely up to you. Sorry to disrupt your little fantasy, please re-join your world of unicorns, rainbows and perfect Seahawks.

You sure have a lot to say for somebody who doesn't care what anybody thinks. If that is true, why bring it up at all? Your "inside sources" can't be very happy with you slumming with us here! :stirthepot: The new cannibis law gone into effect already?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:35 pm
Posts: 810
Location: Canby, OR
Alexander had a lot of physical talent and he made a lot out of the gifts that he had. He had an impressive line. When we begin tearing him apart because he had a great line, let's also tear down Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, and whatever number of guys had great linemen playing in front of them.

Barry Sanders is the only off the top of my head (and I am sure there are a few more) that made the best out of a weaker offensive line and even he had Lomas Brown, IIRC.

It's just impossible to tear down a guys entire career based on the team around him, imo. It's like saying that Hasselbeck would have been Peyton Manning if his receivers didn't drop so many balls. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not, it's pure speculation.

As far as Hutch hating Alexander, he should have been a professional. I don't quit rooting for my team because there is a fan beside me that I think is a jerk. I look at Hutch as a complete traitor, and I don't care. As far as I am concerned he had a lot to do with slamming our window shut.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:52 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 118
DynoHawk wrote:
"People say I can't admit I am wrong. Well, here goes: Marshawn Lynch is a much better runner this season than I expected. Guy is running hard."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pete- ... ees-insult


We seem to have strayed a long way from what this thread was supposed to be about. Alexander was a great back who helped this team to the most successful years in their history. The key point being "history". For good or bad, he will not be suiting up to play the jets, so lets just be thankful Marshwan is putiing out an effort in line with his new contract and stop getting tied up arguing about the ravings of a guy who has his tinfoil hat twisted on too tightly! Yes, I'm looking at you HawkWow!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:33 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:17 pm
Posts: 108
Location: Redmond, WA
I feel the need to comment here...

I don't know if HawkWow is telling the truth or not, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that it went down exactly as he said. I know people who work in the current FO (And worked for the hawks back when SA was here). I may ask about this, but even if I do I won't be able to repeat what I learn. The nature of friendship is trust, and divulging back alley info is a sure way to lose that trust.

Also, a close friend of mine met SA. My friend was with his very young son, and he asked SA for an autograph for his son. SA not only declined, but was very rude to him. My friend was not inconveniencing SA a bit, and he chose to be a jerk. Not saying this is proof of anything, but I tend to agree that pro athletes aren't always the face they show to the world through media lenses.

I also met Curt Warner after he retired. Total D*ck to me.

Side note: I met ML this year and he was VERY kind and respectful to me when he had nothing to gain by it.

OP: Prisco is a hack at best, as we all know. Total DB...

Go Hawks!

tcs

_________________
Bleeding Silver and Blue since 1982...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Prisco admits being wrong...
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:35 pm 
* NET Radish *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Posts: 18003
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Sorry boys and girls. There are some of you that just have to spoil it for everyone else so this thread is now history.

:141847_bnono:

_________________
Image
The SuperB owl ladys have left the building with our thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.