Brandon Browner on Sirius NFL Radio just now

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Schein asked if his impression that the Hawks just want to kick the ass of every team they play. Answer was short, YES.

    Asked him if he was concerned about Tim Tebow. His answer may have been the best I have ever heard. "We do what we do because that is what we do."
    No, not worried about Tim.

    great interview.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11604
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • We got to change his name to Big Play Browner!
    Wolf grey all day every day.
    User avatar
    VHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
    Location: Naples, FL


  • VHawk wrote:We got to change his name to Big Play Browner!


    that's a name you give to someone who doesn't do much but is often there for a big play
    Browner is just "every play browner" because he makes play after play after play after play
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2566
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


  • Browner has been great this season. A lot of people were expecting him to "come back to earth" but he has just taken it even further.

    He and Sherman just seriously harass the crap out of WRs - it's a joy to watch after years of suffering through our midget CBs getting worked.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7541
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


  • Welker would call him "Bang Bang Browner"
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3852
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


  • FlyingGreg wrote:Browner has been great this season. A lot of people were expecting him to "come back to earth" but he has just taken it even further.

    He and Sherman just seriously harass the crap out of WRs - it's a joy to watch after years of suffering through our midget CBs getting worked.


    Amen to that.
    User avatar
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 844
    Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:09 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA


  • The entire secondary.... Geez. The entire defense. Yeah, they gave up some ground to a stud RB, but that is the exception not the norm. Browner makes trouble on every single play. Catching AD, always looking for the strip. Nasty hitter. The pro-bowl secondary is going to be loaded with Seahawk helmets.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5899
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • Well, we've got ET - who plays out of this world. Yeah, he used to be the Deuce, but everyone calls him ET.
    Ultimus Prime - yeah, I think he's always going to be Ulitmus Prime from now on.
    Bam Bam - Chancellor was the first to establish the hard hitting nature of this secondary. Others call him The Punisher, I like that one too.
    And Browner - who really needs a good nickname. All I've heard so far is Bruising Browner. That sounds like some 30's football players name.

    For Browner, I like The Hurt. He put The Hurt on Wes "one of the toughest hits I ever took" Welker and he puts The Hurt on lots of WR's.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4868
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


  • FlyingGreg wrote:He and Sherman just seriously harass the crap out of WRs - it's a joy to watch after years of suffering through our midget CBs getting worked.


    Tru that. Every time those two lay the wood on a reciever or jam them at the line and hose up the timing of the play it erases one memory of jennings or wilson helplessly watching their assignment catch the effin' ball.
    RIP Les. We will miss you.
    User avatar
    Happy
    * NET Lead Admin *
     
    Posts: 8598
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


  • Thanks for reporting in Scotte. Much appreciated. I love the quote. It reminds me of something Big Country Reeves said prior to the NBA draft something about whatever happens is supposed to happen and will happen and we'll see what happens when it does happen. I can't remember the exact quote, but it was pretty funny. He was a funny dude. I wish he'd had a better NBA career.

    Brandon Browner is an interesting guy to say the least. Every time I've seen an interview with him I've been impressed, because he is a "knock your head off" type of guy, but doesn't fit the "jock" mold at all. He's thoughtful and too the point. To me he is totally like John Stockton. A very cerebral player that did whatever it took to win and you could tell that for every one thing he said, there were 100 secrets he was keeping. But man, could Stock back it up on the court. I saw him and Gary Payton talk smack for 60 minutes from the second row one game. It was just absolutely relentless. I thought Stock played quiet, but really he was just silent to the media. He and Payton were just jawing from opening tip until the final horn. Then they gave each other five and a bro hug and left the court. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen live in all of my years. The guys just shredded each other both verbally, but physically as well. I can't even remember who won the game. It was riveting.

    Something tells me Browner is that type of player. Just goes out there and will crush the other guy's spirit and then give him five and say, "nice game" and dish out some specific compliments and then start getting ready for next week. We're real lucky to have him.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


  • dude how the hell did he catch adrian peterson? that was a great play. it ended up not being meaningful but wow he should great speed and dedication on that play.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 893
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm


  • Oh how I long for the days of Kelly Jennings.
    :sarcasm_on:
    User avatar
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 904
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 6:14 am


  • SharkHawk wrote:Thanks for reporting in Scotte. Much appreciated. I love the quote. It reminds me of something Big Country Reeves said prior to the NBA draft something about whatever happens is supposed to happen and will happen and we'll see what happens when it does happen. I can't remember the exact quote, but it was pretty funny. He was a funny dude. I wish he'd had a better NBA career.

    Brandon Browner is an interesting guy to say the least. Every time I've seen an interview with him I've been impressed, because he is a "knock your head off" type of guy, but doesn't fit the "jock" mold at all. He's thoughtful and too the point. To me he is totally like John Stockton. A very cerebral player that did whatever it took to win and you could tell that for every one thing he said, there were 100 secrets he was keeping. But man, could Stock back it up on the court. I saw him and Gary Payton talk smack for 60 minutes from the second row one game. It was just absolutely relentless. I thought Stock played quiet, but really he was just silent to the media. He and Payton were just jawing from opening tip until the final horn. Then they gave each other five and a bro hug and left the court. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen live in all of my years. The guys just shredded each other both verbally, but physically as well. I can't even remember who won the game. It was riveting.

    Something tells me Browner is that type of player. Just goes out there and will crush the other guy's spirit and then give him five and say, "nice game" and dish out some specific compliments and then start getting ready for next week. We're real lucky to have him.


    don't mean to derail the thread topic, but that GP story was really cool. He is one of my all-time favorite sports stars and for the reasons you listed but I didn't know that about Stockton.
    User avatar
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 844
    Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:09 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA


  • EastCoastHawksFan wrote:dude how the hell did he catch adrian peterson? that was a great play. it ended up not being meaningful but wow he should great speed and dedication on that play.


    He took a great angle - instead of the tail chase and straight line pursuit, he just picked an intercept point and trucked for that.
    @SeahawkGreg

    Image

    "I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    User avatar
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *
     
    Posts: 7541
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:19 am
    Location: CVN-68


  • Shane Falco wrote:
    SharkHawk wrote:Thanks for reporting in Scotte. Much appreciated. I love the quote. It reminds me of something Big Country Reeves said prior to the NBA draft something about whatever happens is supposed to happen and will happen and we'll see what happens when it does happen. I can't remember the exact quote, but it was pretty funny. He was a funny dude. I wish he'd had a better NBA career.

    Brandon Browner is an interesting guy to say the least. Every time I've seen an interview with him I've been impressed, because he is a "knock your head off" type of guy, but doesn't fit the "jock" mold at all. He's thoughtful and too the point. To me he is totally like John Stockton. A very cerebral player that did whatever it took to win and you could tell that for every one thing he said, there were 100 secrets he was keeping. But man, could Stock back it up on the court. I saw him and Gary Payton talk smack for 60 minutes from the second row one game. It was just absolutely relentless. I thought Stock played quiet, but really he was just silent to the media. He and Payton were just jawing from opening tip until the final horn. Then they gave each other five and a bro hug and left the court. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen live in all of my years. The guys just shredded each other both verbally, but physically as well. I can't even remember who won the game. It was riveting.

    Something tells me Browner is that type of player. Just goes out there and will crush the other guy's spirit and then give him five and say, "nice game" and dish out some specific compliments and then start getting ready for next week. We're real lucky to have him.


    don't mean to derail the thread topic, but that GP story was really cool. He is one of my all-time favorite sports stars and for the reasons you listed but I didn't know that about Stockton.



    Always loved Gary Payton and the Sonicas. About #39, I like to call him Brandon Browner. It has a nice ring to it. Browner being on a team with many players I like a lot. He is my favorite.
    User avatar
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3594
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 am
    Location: Spokane, Wa


  • How bout... Brandon Browner P. I.?
    Image
    User avatar
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *
     
    Posts: 9779
    Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
    Location: Granite Falls, WA


  • Hahahahaha.... What happened to my avatar?
    User avatar
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3594
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 am
    Location: Spokane, Wa


  • In reading your responses to my story... it struck me as kind of funny that I just realized after re-reading that Stockton was totally like Browner and Gary Payton was totally like Richard Sherman. They both go about their business in very different ways at times, but both come up with great results. Each guy has to play his own way. Brandon is not a big talker on the field that I can see. He will dish it out and put the dagger in with an INT and seems to be quiet on the sidelines, but always patting teammates and focusing on the coach and what is going on out on the field. He's like locked in and mentally preparing. Very Stockton-esque. Sherman is so much The Glove. Loud and funny and doesn't give a rip what anybody thinks, but also extremely intelligent and able to get in everybody's head. I would have loved to see Stock and Glove play together for at least one year. At least I get to see the two mindsets together with Browner and Sherm.

    I could tell you a story about Stockton and how he'd monitor his heart rate during games to make sure he was staying "flat" (not too amped or not too low), but I'll save it for a rainy day.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


  • Make no mistake , Stockton was a gangsta.
    User avatar
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3594
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 am
    Location: Spokane, Wa


  • We have the greatest Defensive Backfield in the history of the game.

    Mark my words.
    Paschtorian
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 190
    Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:45 pm


  • SalishHawkFan wrote:Well, we've got ET - who plays out of this world. Yeah, he used to be the Deuce, but everyone calls him ET.
    Ultimus Prime - yeah, I think he's always going to be Ulitmus Prime from now on.
    Bam Bam - Chancellor was the first to establish the hard hitting nature of this secondary. Others call him The Punisher, I like that one too.
    And Browner - who really needs a good nickname. All I've heard so far is Bruising Browner. That sounds like some 30's football players name.

    For Browner, I like The Hurt. He put The Hurt on Wes "one of the toughest hits I ever took" Welker and he puts The Hurt on lots of WR's.


    I like Optimus Prime better.

    I think Ultimus Prime might have been a Gobot. Gobots suck.

    :P
    Image

    "There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    User avatar
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:56 am
    Location: Poulsbo, WA


  • I will add to this that Schein officially called Browner a member of the "legion of doom", and Browner talked about all four guys. He was asked who the leader of the group is, and Browner said there isn't one, but all 4 guys are accountable to the others, and they do hold each other accountable. Also that they are always together off the field as well. He did not however, say "My Brotha".
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11604
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • FlyingGreg wrote:Browner has been great this season. A lot of people were expecting him to "come back to earth" but he has just taken it even further.

    He and Sherman just seriously harass the crap out of WRs - it's a joy to watch after years of suffering through our midget CBs getting worked.

    :thirishdrinkers:
    P-Rich fo life
    User avatar
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2612
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


  • SharkHawk wrote:Thanks for reporting in Scotte. Much appreciated. I love the quote. It reminds me of something Big Country Reeves said prior to the NBA draft something about whatever happens is supposed to happen and will happen and we'll see what happens when it does happen. I can't remember the exact quote, but it was pretty funny. He was a funny dude. I wish he'd had a better NBA career.

    Brandon Browner is an interesting guy to say the least. Every time I've seen an interview with him I've been impressed, because he is a "knock your head off" type of guy, but doesn't fit the "jock" mold at all. He's thoughtful and too the point. To me he is totally like John Stockton. A very cerebral player that did whatever it took to win and you could tell that for every one thing he said, there were 100 secrets he was keeping. But man, could Stock back it up on the court. I saw him and Gary Payton talk smack for 60 minutes from the second row one game. It was just absolutely relentless. I thought Stock played quiet, but really he was just silent to the media. He and Payton were just jawing from opening tip until the final horn. Then they gave each other five and a bro hug and left the court. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen live in all of my years. The guys just shredded each other both verbally, but physically as well. I can't even remember who won the game. It was riveting.

    Something tells me Browner is that type of player. Just goes out there and will crush the other guy's spirit and then give him five and say, "nice game" and dish out some specific compliments and then start getting ready for next week. We're real lucky to have him.


    Alright, Shark. I'm just some random guy, but you got my vote for, like, favorite sports fan. That's more than once now that a sports-memory story of yours has got me all worked up. It kinda ticks me off to be honest, but ultimately, it's quite beautiful. The combination of analysis, analogy, connection and emotion... it just embodies why we care about these silly games so much.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1589
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Olympia




It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information