We're gonna crush that Jets team

Throwdown

Reaction score
Its my new superstition, if I'm as confident as you are, we're gonna lose.

You don't want me confident.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":10vo61vo said:
Throwdown":10vo61vo said:
I'm just chillin'

Well....STOP chillin and get on this "We're going to obliterate the dopey Jets and cause Rex Ryan to have a heart attack and his wife's feet to explode" bandwagon.

Jseahawks is right (for once). This is part of what being a fan is about. It's part of our god-given American freedom to believe that we're going to annihilate every team we face. Just makes it that much sweeter when, as in the case of our next opponent, we're 100% dead-on balls accurate.

Thank you sir, you flatter me.

drdiags

Reaction score
I'm In!

But on a side note, how much of this is inspired by the recent Thunder defeats? Just kidding you big lug.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The irony of this board:

We play a bad team and there are a bunch of posts that the Jets can steal a game and are pretty good.

We play a good team (the Lions) and there are a bunch of posts that we can lose to bad teams.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Throwdown":29eiljph said:
Its my new superstition, if I'm as confident as you are, we're gonna lose.

You don't want me confident.

In the words of the great Sherm:

My brother have CONFIDENCE my brother.
My brother you might be a furry pink rat my brother
but we'll be soaring high like hawks and shitting on jets! My brrrrothhha!

Claden

Reaction score
I see going 6-4 after this one. Then coming out of the bye refreshed and taking at least 5 of the remaining 6.

The Radish

Reaction score
JSeahawks":7gl4o8ir said:
We should start Portis just to make the QB battle even.

And yea, i agree that we destroy the Jets this weekend. Also, reading some of their forums it seems that they have a history of playing pretty poorly coming off their bye week.

To those trying to dampen enthusiasm, what is the point of being a fan if you cant be arrogant about your team? Half the fun is always thinking that youre going to destroy your next opponent, especially when like in this case, you are right.

It might be good to remember that the Seahawks aren't exactly Tinker Bell after the bye weeks either.

:roll:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
The Radish":2h8o4llt said:
JSeahawks":2h8o4llt said:
We should start Portis just to make the QB battle even.

And yea, i agree that we destroy the Jets this weekend. Also, reading some of their forums it seems that they have a history of playing pretty poorly coming off their bye week.

To those trying to dampen enthusiasm, what is the point of being a fan if you cant be arrogant about your team? Half the fun is always thinking that youre going to destroy your next opponent, especially when like in this case, you are right.

It might be good to remember that the Seahawks aren't exactly Tinker Bell after the bye weeks either.

:roll:

Under Carroll, they're 1-1, with the loss being the Charlie Whitehurst game against the Browns. And luckily, we play the Jets BEFORE our bye. So, yay.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I am more confident is the Jets getting an ass kicking in this game than any other game to date. Sanchez is almost as limited as Ponder right now, and Tebow does not bother me at all. Shonne Greene is average at best. And the Jets D is not even close to what it was a couple of years ago.

Irvin is going to go off, he will be looking across the field at the guy the pundits say the Hawks should have taken.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":ymxphp9b said:
I am more confident is the Jets getting an ass kicking in this game than any other game to date. Sanchez is almost as limited as Ponder right now, and Tebow does not bother me at all. Shonne Greene is average at best. And the Jets D is not even close to what it was a couple of years ago.

Irvin is going to go off, he will be looking across the field at the guy the pundits say the Hawks should have taken.

Agreed, This will be the least dynamic teams we've faced for most of the year.

The Jet's are just as limited passing wise with Sanchez as was Ponder, the only difference is they don't have AP carrying the rock. I could see a shutout occuring in this game. Assuming the 3rd down issues don't rear it's ugly head.

I fully expect a 6-4 record going into the bye. Which makes the Mia road game exceedingly important.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
We should beat 'em up pretty good. The scariest thought is their run game against our reeling run defense and they are only middle of the pac at running the ball anyway. Their already weak pass game is in for a shock against our cornerbacks. I would put a lot of money on the Hawks this week to win big.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Every time someone gets on the board and predicts we're going to crush someone, their QB goes out and rings us up for 360 yards passing, or their RB gashes us for 183 yards.

We won't be crushing anyone until our offense and defense play good in the same game.

AgentDib

Reaction score
There are good reasons to be a realist as a fan.

Much of the angst this year has come from fans that let their hearts overrule their common sense. There are always going to be ups and downs but blowing either one out of proportion seems to cause unhappiness later on. Many of the people freaking out about the Cardinals loss the most were the ones who called their defense garbage and thought we were going to blow them out in their house.

I also think that (over)enthusiasm for a certain player or part of the team creates biases in how you view events. Every new piece of information gets twisted in order to support your favorites at the expense of the rest. If you wear a Turbin jersey to the games you might be marginally more critical of our run blocking.

Lastly, a lot of the rah-rah optimism stuff involves trash talking our opponents. Sometimes our opponents do things well, and if you ignore the things that opponents can do well then it becomes impossible to fairly judge our team. Calling Detroit a one trick pony on offense was not only inaccurate, but if you bought that hype for fan reasons then you had to be pretty upset giving up catches to Pettigrew, Young and Broles. On the other hand, if you realize that Detroit has a top 3 receiving corps with a great QB throwing to them then it should change your evaluation of our players accordingly.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I don't its easy to crush anyone. Jets are coming off a bye week, they are rethinking their whole strategy, their game plan and scheme will be different then what is already on tape, there may be surprises, Tim Tebow may become a factor, we never know what can happen on any given Sunday. I felt the same way on beating Detroit that it should be an easy win, but suddenly Detroit came alive. So the Jets may come alive too, when the whole country has written them off. I am not sure what to expect, I really hope we keep the winning at home.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
seahawks08":3uenhyyj said:
I don't its easy to crush anyone. Jets are coming off a bye week, they are rethinking their whole strategy, their game plan and scheme will be different then what is already on tape, there may be surprises, Tim Tebow may become a factor, we never know what can happen on any given Sunday. I felt the same way on beating Detroit that it should be an easy win, but suddenly Detroit came alive. So the Jets may come alive too, when the whole country has written them off. I am not sure what to expect, I really hope we keep the winning at home.
You are right, we will see some new stuff from them. But look at all 22 matchups. That team is really shy of talent. forget schemes, that is the real story.

makkapakka

Reaction score
I think peachesenregalia is right. Seahawks are a young talented team coming into their own. Expect them to be better in the second half of the season than the first.

Jets were contenders for awhile but now can only dream about that kind of positive outlook.

Seahawks win by more than 7.

Latest posts