Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: One trait I really love about Pete
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:42 am 
* Report Button *

He'll pull a player immediately. Kearse was never thrown at again after his drop. And, that's the best way to handle young guys just learning. He'll get more from watching, and not being a goat in the game, IMO.

Kearse has the skill-set, hopefully he puts it together.

Post subject: Re: One trait I really love about Pete
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:48 am 
NET Veteran

lot of guys said , kearse will make a tough catch then turn around and drop a routine ball.. i'm a Coug, so i never saw him in college, all i saw was him in pre season and he looked good, lot of TOUGH catches.. then i saw him yesterday drop that easy, easy catch which would have been a sure 1st down.. right then i remembered the post on him... RW does not need recievers like that in the game, he already deals enough with the dropsies as it is...

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:57 am 
NET Veteran

I was worried you were going to say his use of the challenge flag.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:59 am 
NET Veteran

iigakusei wrote:

lol.........definitely not Pete's strong suit.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:00 am 
* Report Button *

Seeing the play live, i agreed with the challenge.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:05 am 
* NET Alumni *

pehawk wrote:

Watching on TV, I thought it was a good challenge too. I still swear his right foot was on the sideline before he reached out with the ball to get the first down. But then again we never really got a good look at it. As soon as the challenge was thrown, Fox went to commercial. When they can back, all we got was a quick view from the far side of the field, naturally a view that was completely useless.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:08 am 
NET Veteran

pehawk wrote:

I didn't. There were no conclusive camera angles to show that AP reached out AFTER he was out of bounds. IMO the challenge was more of a frustration on Pete's part that our D gave up another 3rd down conversion.

To forfeit a time out so early in the 2nd half during a close game is a huge gamble.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:44 am 
NET Veteran

What does the guys in the booth have access to? Seeing it live I agreed with the challenge. Seeing the first replay immediately I knew it was correctly called on the field.

Did PC wait to see if someone upstairs would comment on it - didn't look like it.......

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:51 am 
* NET Curmudgeon *
* NET Curmudgeon *

Sgt. Largent wrote:
pehawk wrote:

I didn't. There were no conclusive camera angles to show that AP reached out AFTER he was out of bounds. IMO the challenge was more of a frustration on Pete's part that our D gave up another 3rd down conversion.

To forfeit a time out so early in the 2nd half during a close game is a huge gamble.

While I agree this may have been an element of the decision, I can only speculate about how much of a role the guys upstairs had in making his decision. What did they tell him, if anything? And how much did that play in his decision making process?

Or to broaden the question a bit, I would like to know who everyone was who spoke to Pete about it between the time the play happened and when he threw the flag, and what they said to him.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:56 am 
NET Veteran

BlueTalon wrote:

Or to broaden the question a bit, I would like to know who everyone was who spoke to Pete about it between the time the play happened and when he threw the flag, and what they said to him.

From what I've heard, each team's booth people are privy to the same camera shots we are at home..........so in the 10 seconds it took Pete to pull out his challenge flag, who told him it looked worth challenging? Cause none of the camera angles we all saw showed even close to convincing evidence to overturn.

Again I think it went down like this:

Pete to the booth: "did AP extend AFTER he was out?"
Booth: "It sure looked like it live, but from the replays, hard to tell"
Pete: *throws flag*

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:02 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Blitzfan wrote:
pehawk wrote:

Watching on TV, I thought it was a good challenge too. I still swear his right foot was on the sideline before he reached out with the ball to get the first down. But then again we never really got a good look at it. As soon as the challenge was thrown, Fox went to commercial. When they can back, all we got was a quick view from the far side of the field, naturally a view that was completely useless.

During FOX's commercial break, I hit rewind on my dvr and watched it frame by frame. It was clearly stretched beyond the marker before the foot steps out of bounds.

Although I don't think I would have challenged that particular call, I don't really call this a horrible use of the replay system. I do wonder who is in charge of calling down from upstairs for these replay calls though....that guy might need replacing or a better pair of glasses

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:33 am 
NET Veteran

BlueTalon wrote:

Let's re-instate the Warrren Commission. They'll get to the bottom of this.

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:55 am 
* 17Power Blogger *

Braylon spent six weeks in Pete's doghouse after the Cardinals game. Only averaged 7 snaps a game during that span. Speaks volumes about how Pete interpreted that final almost-TD play.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:03 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

Sgt. Largent wrote:
BlueTalon wrote:

From what I've heard, each team's booth people are privy to the same camera shots we are at home..........so in the 10 seconds it took Pete to pull out his challenge flag, who told him it looked worth challenging? Cause none of the camera angles we all saw showed even close to convincing evidence to overturn.

Again I think it went down like this:

Pete to the booth: "did AP extend AFTER he was out?"
Booth: "It sure looked like it live, but from the replays, hard to tell"
Pete: *throws flag*

Thing is, it was a decent use of a timeout anyway, regardless of the challenge. If he would have simply called a timeout there, no one would have said much. He tried for a two-for-one there, and only got one. It happens.

And regarding the op, yes, I like that. Guys know what they're getting into here. Less diva-ish actions because of it.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:01 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sgt. Largent wrote:
iigakusei wrote:

lol.........definitely not Pete's strong suit.

Whoever is Pete's "eye in the sky" needs to get it together. A lot of those challenges are based on the info Pete is getting from whoever is up in the booth and has the better view of the field and access to replays.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:15 pm 
NET Veteran

Hell, let's send both Kearse and the "eye in the sky" back to the practice squad!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:25 pm 
NET Veteran

Seahawk Sailor wrote:

Thing is, it was a decent use of a timeout anyway, regardless of the challenge.

How was it a decent use of a timeout? No coach would agree that using a timeout early in the 3rd quarter in a tight game where you might need a last drive with barely any time left is possible.

Even Pete admits he's had some bad challenges this year...........this is one of them.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:33 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

I was really hoping Kearse would wait for his 10th or 20th target before having a brutal drop. Taking him out of the game might have been the right thing to do, but I was really hoping Kearse would get a chance at redemption in the 4th quarter when the game was salted away. Before 2011, I actually hated Kearse. In 2011, he had a relatively drop free season, but also produced less. Right now I feel somewhat indifferent about him, but I also know that if he can conquer his drop problem, he's absolutely an NFL caliber WR. You don't let those kind of players go without a fight, especially when they are making the UDFA league minimum.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:36 pm 
NET Veteran

I like that about Pete, too (re: OP). Reminds me of a high school coach that takes no crap but doesn't make a big deal of it. You execute, you'll play. You don't, you won't. Simple and straight forward.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]