We're gonna crush that Jets team

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
We're gonna crush that Jets team
Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 am
  • Their offense is terrible, Sanchez is woeful, their O-line is not great, they have little in the way of a running game, poor run D and are without their best player in revis.

I don't see anyone winning at the Clink this season, and certainly not the Jets. We'll crush them. 150+ for Marshawn, 200+ for RW and at least 4 TDs scored in a blowout.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Re: We're gonna crush that Jets team
Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:26 am
  • Easy Clarence.

Rex will have the Jets ready to play. Hopefully, part of what you predict will actually happen.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:28 am
  • Im with ya, but have some concerns. Yes, the Jets sucks, but they still have playoff wins under belt and a maestro coach at devising defensive gameplans. Rex has given the best QBs fits before.

Dont take them for granted.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:39 am
  • pehawk wrote:Im with ya, but have some concerns. Yes, the Jets sucks, but they still have playoff wins under belt and a maestro coach at devising defensive gameplans. Rex has given the best QBs fits before.

Dont take them for granted.

I'm aware that Rex is quite the defensive guru, but Bevell has definitely impressed me the past few weeks with his playcalling and ability to get this team down the field. I don't see anything but a Seahawks win here.
    I am RolandDeschain's property for this week until Sunday evening. I lost a bet.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:32 am
  • We do have a superior team IMO but we should never underestimate our opponent.
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:54 am
  • Any NFL team could lose to any other NFL team at any time.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 am
  • We've lost to the Rams, Lions, and Cards this year. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This team is VERY capable of laying an egg and the Jets are VERY capable of beating any team.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:04 am
  • I agree shark, but on the other hand this game is at the Clink and the opposing QB's are Dirty Sanchez and Tebum.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:06 am
  • SacHawk2.0 wrote:I agree shark, but on the other hand this game is at the Clink and the opposing QB's are Dirty Sanchez and Tebum.

Here we go,,,Mr. "We've won one game in the last 3 and so are world beaters, no team has a chance against us."

:141847_bnono:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:12 am
  • Les, i think it's a different matter at home. We've been a decent team on the road this year, though the W/L column doesn't show it. We've been competitive in all of our road losses, and i just feel like we overmatch the Jets and can beat them easily at home.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:14 am
  • The Radish wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:I agree shark, but on the other hand this game is at the Clink and the opposing QB's are Dirty Sanchez and Tebum.

Here we go,,,Mr. "We've won one game in the last 3 and so are world beaters, no team has a chance against us."

Have you seen a Jets game this year?
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:16 am
  • The bigger the brag the harder the crash. This the kind of fan that goes on a YouTube rant we his team loses.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:18 am
  • Whatever. I'm predicting a blowout. All of the rest of you are too scared to put your money where your mouth is. It's unAmerican. If you don't like our country, then why don't you all just go and LIVE in France? We're better than the Jets by a LOT. Who's with me?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:22 am
  • JesterHawk wrote:
    The Radish wrote:
    SacHawk2.0 wrote:I agree shark, but on the other hand this game is at the Clink and the opposing QB's are Dirty Sanchez and Tebum.

Have you seen a Jets game this year?

Jester this is the very type of thing I'm talking about. See my other post in another string about our primidonnas attitude both team and fans.

I hate to say this but it would not surprise me if they lost to the Jets next week just because of that attitude. I'd hate it but a crash if coming if our receivers, special teams, and defense, doesnt grab their asses and play the same every down and stop thinking they are special.

When we win a game so many here start with the "we're special" talk. Geez we're 4-5, pissed away a couple of games we should have won, but won a couple we probably could have pissed away. We're just a bit below average so far.

How can we be a good team when we've lost every game in our divison so far? Don't piss down my back and say its rainin'!

Win the next 3 and maybe we can talk about being a "good" team.

:roll:
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:33 am
  • Radish,

We both know that fans attitude really have no effect on the outcome of the game.

But I totally agree with you. I'm not trying to be a debbidowner here but the manic attitude around here drives me insane. We win and suddenly we're not going to just beat our next opponent but CRUSH them (something, at least IMO, that we've failed to do once this year). We lose, and maybe we need to consider firing the architects of this amazing turn around. Please, PLEASE people, a little moderation will go a long way.

Yes, we SHOULD win. I think we WILL win but gimme a break on this up and down thing.
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:39 am
  • We both know that fans attitude really have no effect on the outcome of the game.

WHAT! Who said that? I'll murderise him.

:D
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Whatever. I'm predicting a blowout. All of the rest of you are too scared to put your money where your mouth is. It's unAmerican. If you don't like our country, then why don't you all just go and LIVE in France? We're better than the Jets by a LOT. Who's with me?

What the hell would you know about 'unAmerican'?..............oh, wait a sec... :oops:
    If you're walking on thin ice, you might as well dance.................................................Mom
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
    * El Primo *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 am
  • I agree - I was saying similiar things before the St Louis game.........somehow we didn't get 20 sacks like I predicted but who is wrong twice......
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:52 am
  • SirTed wrote:Radish,

We both know that fans attitude really have no effect on the outcome of the game.

But I totally agree with you. I'm not trying to be a debbidowner here but the manic attitude around here drives me insane. We win and suddenly we're not going to just beat our next opponent but CRUSH them (something, at least IMO, that we've failed to do once this year). We lose, and maybe we need to consider firing the architects of this amazing turn around. Please, PLEASE people, a little moderation will go a long way.

Yes, we SHOULD win. I think we WILL win but gimme a break on this up and down thing.

I've never predicted anything but a win for this year's team, I've never called for anyone to get fired and you are being a Debbidowner. AND you're unAmerican. Heck, even CANhawk is more American than some of you. Pull your panties up, people. Nut up and get behind this team and predict a HUGE WIN this Sunday!
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:01 am
  • The Radish wrote:Geez we're 4-5, pissed away a couple of games we should have won, but won a couple we probably could have pissed away. We're just a bit below average so far.
    SirTed wrote:We win and suddenly we're not going to just beat our next opponent but CRUSH them (something, at least IMO, that we've failed to do once this year).

Um... WHAT?!?
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:03 am
  • SirTed wrote:Radish,

Many seem to not know this.
    MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:03 am
  • BlueTalon wrote:
    The Radish wrote:Geez we're 4-5, pissed away a couple of games we should have won, but won a couple we probably could have pissed away. We're just a bit below average so far.
    SirTed wrote:We win and suddenly we're not going to just beat our next opponent but CRUSH them (something, at least IMO, that we've failed to do once this year).

Um... WHAT?!?

Exactly, man. We're actually 5-4, and we for sure crushed the hapless cowboys at home. Jets are even more hapless and the Cowboys. We'll win and win big. AMARITE?????
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:07 am
  • Mark Sanchez will be 8-21 with 3 ints and 3 sacks. We will hear the chants for Tebow all the way from New York before the first quarter is done when we are up 14-0 after Earl Thomas finally gets a pick six. Sidney Rice will get 125 yards against Cromartie who will be busy giving money to his 35 children. Shonn Green will get literally buried in the field on his first run for negative yards when Big Red lands ontop of him.

Tebow will kick a 75 yard field goal for their only points. Then wings will burst out of his shoulder pads and he flies up into the heavens never to be seen again.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:11 am
  • mistaowen wrote:Mark Sanchez will be 8-21 with 3 ints and 3 sacks. We will hear the chants for Tebow all the way from New York before the first quarter is done when we are up 14-0 after Earl Thomas finally gets a pick six. Sidney Rice will get 125 yards against Cromartie who will be busy giving money to his 35 children. Shonn Green will get literally buried in the field on his first run for negative yards when Big Red lands ontop of him.

Tebow will kick a 75 yard field goal for their only points. Then wings will burst out of his shoulder pads and he flies up into the heavens never to be seen again.

Freaky....this is almost EXACTLY how I see it going down.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:14 am
  • Bunch of debbie downers in this thread, geesh. The Jets suck, Rex Ryan is not currently some defensive genius (15th in yards/game, 24th in scoring/game), Sanchez sucks, and Shonn Greene is the definition of mediocre.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:16 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:Bunch of debbie downers in this thread, geesh. The Jets suck, Rex Ryan is not currently some defensive genius (15th in yards/game, 24th in scoring/game), Sanchez sucks, and Shonn Greene is the definition of mediocre.

BOOM! Sarlacc sums it all up with a bullet! We'll mop the park with their collective asses, then whoop them for not getting up in the corners. 42-6. Five TDs for the offense and another for the D. Lock it up. CHAMPIONSHIP!
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:17 am
  • All night bender is my thinking.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am
  • We should start Portis just to make the QB battle even.

And yea, i agree that we destroy the Jets this weekend. Also, reading some of their forums it seems that they have a history of playing pretty poorly coming off their bye week.

To those trying to dampen enthusiasm, what is the point of being a fan if you cant be arrogant about your team? Half the fun is always thinking that youre going to destroy your next opponent, especially when like in this case, you are right.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am
  • I'm just chillin'
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:29 am
  • Throwdown wrote:I'm just chillin'

Well....STOP chillin and get on this "We're going to obliterate the dopey Jets and cause Rex Ryan to have a heart attack and his wife's feet to explode" bandwagon.

Jseahawks is right (for once). This is part of what being a fan is about. It's part of our god-given American freedom to believe that we're going to annihilate every team we face. Just makes it that much sweeter when, as in the case of our next opponent, we're 100% dead-on balls accurate.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:33 am
  • Its my new superstition, if I'm as confident as you are, we're gonna lose.

You don't want me confident.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:33 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:I'm just chillin'

Well....STOP chillin and get on this "We're going to obliterate the dopey Jets and cause Rex Ryan to have a heart attack and his wife's feet to explode" bandwagon.

Jseahawks is right (for once). This is part of what being a fan is about. It's part of our god-given American freedom to believe that we're going to annihilate every team we face. Just makes it that much sweeter when, as in the case of our next opponent, we're 100% dead-on balls accurate.

Thank you sir, you flatter me.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:38 am
  • I'm In!

But on a side note, how much of this is inspired by the recent Thunder defeats? Just kidding you big lug.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:46 am
  • drdiags wrote:I'm In!

But on a side note, how much of this is inspired by the recent Thunder defeats? Just kidding you big lug.

To quote Golden Tate:

I don't know what you're talking about.

:P
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:47 am
  • Jeff Teague dunked on Durant, lolz
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:49 am
  • The irony of this board:

We play a bad team and there are a bunch of posts that the Jets can steal a game and are pretty good.

We play a good team (the Lions) and there are a bunch of posts that we can lose to bad teams.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 am
  • Throwdown wrote:Its my new superstition, if I'm as confident as you are, we're gonna lose.

You don't want me confident.

In the words of the great Sherm:

My brother have CONFIDENCE my brother.
    My brother you might be a furry pink rat my brother
    but we'll be soaring high like hawks and shitting on jets! My brrrrothhha!
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:01 pm
  • I see going 6-4 after this one. Then coming out of the bye refreshed and taking at least 5 of the remaining 6.
    Claden
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:11 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:We should start Portis just to make the QB battle even.

And yea, i agree that we destroy the Jets this weekend. Also, reading some of their forums it seems that they have a history of playing pretty poorly coming off their bye week.

To those trying to dampen enthusiasm, what is the point of being a fan if you cant be arrogant about your team? Half the fun is always thinking that youre going to destroy your next opponent, especially when like in this case, you are right.

It might be good to remember that the Seahawks aren't exactly Tinker Bell after the bye weeks either.

The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:13 pm
  • The Radish wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:We should start Portis just to make the QB battle even.

It might be good to remember that the Seahawks aren't exactly Tinker Bell after the bye weeks either.

Under Carroll, they're 1-1, with the loss being the Charlie Whitehurst game against the Browns. And luckily, we play the Jets BEFORE our bye. So, yay.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 pm
  • We be acrushinem.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:21 pm
  • I am more confident is the Jets getting an ass kicking in this game than any other game to date. Sanchez is almost as limited as Ponder right now, and Tebow does not bother me at all. Shonne Greene is average at best. And the Jets D is not even close to what it was a couple of years ago.

Irvin is going to go off, he will be looking across the field at the guy the pundits say the Hawks should have taken.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:31 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:I am more confident is the Jets getting an ass kicking in this game than any other game to date. Sanchez is almost as limited as Ponder right now, and Tebow does not bother me at all. Shonne Greene is average at best. And the Jets D is not even close to what it was a couple of years ago.

Irvin is going to go off, he will be looking across the field at the guy the pundits say the Hawks should have taken.

Agreed, This will be the least dynamic teams we've faced for most of the year.

The Jet's are just as limited passing wise with Sanchez as was Ponder, the only difference is they don't have AP carrying the rock. I could see a shutout occuring in this game. Assuming the 3rd down issues don't rear it's ugly head.

I fully expect a 6-4 record going into the bye. Which makes the Mia road game exceedingly important.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:36 pm
  • Remember people going off about drafting Sanchez.... :lol:

Glad we didn't do that.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:40 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Remember people going off about drafting Sanchez.... :lol:

Glad we didn't do that.

Yeah, so glad we drafted Curry instead.

Wait...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:47 pm
  • We should beat 'em up pretty good. The scariest thought is their run game against our reeling run defense and they are only middle of the pac at running the ball anyway. Their already weak pass game is in for a shock against our cornerbacks. I would put a lot of money on the Hawks this week to win big.
    Shane Falco
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:18 pm
  • Every time someone gets on the board and predicts we're going to crush someone, their QB goes out and rings us up for 360 yards passing, or their RB gashes us for 183 yards.

We won't be crushing anyone until our offense and defense play good in the same game.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:53 pm
  • There are good reasons to be a realist as a fan.

Much of the angst this year has come from fans that let their hearts overrule their common sense. There are always going to be ups and downs but blowing either one out of proportion seems to cause unhappiness later on. Many of the people freaking out about the Cardinals loss the most were the ones who called their defense garbage and thought we were going to blow them out in their house.

I also think that (over)enthusiasm for a certain player or part of the team creates biases in how you view events. Every new piece of information gets twisted in order to support your favorites at the expense of the rest. If you wear a Turbin jersey to the games you might be marginally more critical of our run blocking.

Lastly, a lot of the rah-rah optimism stuff involves trash talking our opponents. Sometimes our opponents do things well, and if you ignore the things that opponents can do well then it becomes impossible to fairly judge our team. Calling Detroit a one trick pony on offense was not only inaccurate, but if you bought that hype for fan reasons then you had to be pretty upset giving up catches to Pettigrew, Young and Broles. On the other hand, if you realize that Detroit has a top 3 receiving corps with a great QB throwing to them then it should change your evaluation of our players accordingly.
    "Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades. I just gave the worst grade ever to Seattle." - WalterFootball.com
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:51 pm
  • I don't its easy to crush anyone. Jets are coming off a bye week, they are rethinking their whole strategy, their game plan and scheme will be different then what is already on tape, there may be surprises, Tim Tebow may become a factor, we never know what can happen on any given Sunday. I felt the same way on beating Detroit that it should be an easy win, but suddenly Detroit came alive. So the Jets may come alive too, when the whole country has written them off. I am not sure what to expect, I really hope we keep the winning at home.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:53 pm
  • seahawks08 wrote:I don't its easy to crush anyone. Jets are coming off a bye week, they are rethinking their whole strategy, their game plan and scheme will be different then what is already on tape, there may be surprises, Tim Tebow may become a factor, we never know what can happen on any given Sunday. I felt the same way on beating Detroit that it should be an easy win, but suddenly Detroit came alive. So the Jets may come alive too, when the whole country has written them off. I am not sure what to expect, I really hope we keep the winning at home.

You are right, we will see some new stuff from them. But look at all 22 matchups. That team is really shy of talent. forget schemes, that is the real story.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Next

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information