Is there gonna be any rumblings on .net of Okung being

SeahawkDreadlocks

Reaction score
His start to the season wasn't very good, but he's definitely picked it up the last few weeks. I don't know that I'd call him an elite LT just yet, but he's definitely above average.

Hawks46

Reaction score
"Yeah lol you guys complaining about 1 false start. I'm sorry, let's trade Okung straight up for J'Marcus Webb in Chicago. I heard he doesn't false start."

FYI he leads the league this year in penalties by an OLman. Giacommini is 2nd behind him, so the whole "1 penalty thing" is WAY off.

I personally think he was getting a lot of those false starts because he was playing injured, and he needed the jump, but if he could stay healthy, he'll be a good one.

nategreat

Reaction score
Hawks46":353kalgf said:
FYI he leads the league this year in penalties by an OLman. Giacommini is 2nd behind him, so the whole "1 penalty thing" is WAY off.

I personally think he was getting a lot of those false starts because he was playing injured, and he needed the jump, but if he could stay healthy, he'll be a good one.

Actually, I wouldn't say it's that far off. From what I can tell, before this week, he was TIED for first overall with two other offensive lineman, with 9 penalties (6 false starts, 3 holds) for a total of 60 yards. I can't remember if he was actually able to make it back for the season opener or not, but I'm thinking he's started every game this year. That averages out to about 1.1 penalties a game. I'll take it. It's not perfect, but nobody is. And like you said, I think a lot of it has had to do with playing injured and not quite being up to speed on things.

Here are the penalty statistics for the year so far. I am assuming this is through the first 8 weeks:

http://www.footballdb.com/penalties-player.html

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
He had most all of those penalties in the first few games. I noticed watching him that he was really having issues w/ his kick-slide in pass pro looking slow and awkward. He was wearing big ankle braces for good reason so that may have been the issure or still recovering from injury and/or knocking off the rust as previously stated. Either way he has looked like his old good self the last few games and been doing great job. I don't like but don't mind the occasional penalty as long as it is not consistant or habitual which I think it is not w/ him.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Playing at an elite level, but getting penalized like a rookie. I will say he has improved, but considering he is still near the top of the league in false starts we have to hold him accountable for that. Tells you how rough his start of the season was.

However, at least he isn't getting those drive killing holding calls...

While we are passing around the love for O linemen - Giacomini has stopped the stupid penalties. And I thought Moffitt was pretty solid yesterday. I like the idea of an Okung-Carp-Unger-Moffitt-Giacomini line with McQuistan backing up.