#3 is gonna be a fixture on this team for 12+ years.

kearly

Reaction score
Andrew Luck had a very good game today, but if there is justice in the world he should be no better than 4th place in O-RoY right now. Even with today's performance, he's only completed 55% of his passes on the season and only has a passer rating of 74.6. That's five points worse than what T-jack had last year.

By contrast, Robert Griffin has a 97.3 passer rating and is the best rushing QB in the game. Russell Wilson has a 87 passer rating and also makes plays with his legs. Doug Martin could retire right now and own team records. He's on pace for 2078 yards from scrimmage and 16 total TDs.

Griffin and Martin blow Luck out of the water, and on better teams they'd be fringe MVP candidates. Wilson is also playing at a much higher level than Luck has so far. Every time I hear Luck for O-Roy talk it makes me want to punch someone from ESPN in the face.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I wanted us to draft Wilson, and I was glad when we did, but I was in the "let's sit him for a year or two behind Flynn to learn the NFL" crowd. Glad the coaches made the best decision to let him learn on the job.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
BigMeach":1n900bkz said:
How about our FO? To have the balls to not only draft a 5 foot 10 QB in the 3rd round but to start him . If you were told this was going to happpen (not knowing anything about the QB) last year, everyone would have thought our FO was nuts. And a lot of ppl did knowing who it was . Gotta respect them.

Best FO we have ever had. Don't care what anyone says. They have finally given us a true franchise QB. Picked up the best RB in history for the team. Scary thing is they can only get better over the next 3-4 years through the draft and will have a lot depth and ability for years to come.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1z2hs43r said:
I wanted us to draft Wilson, and I was glad when we did, but I was in the "let's sit him for a year or two behind Flynn to learn the NFL" crowd. Glad the coaches made the best decision to let him learn on the job.

I was most decidedly in this group. Glad to be proven wrong.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
its true, what a difference a win makes for the board.

Im staying away qbotf talk but RW had a good game today, loved seeing that. Now minnie in our house was a bit of a breather for the hawks but I don't care, it was fun.

HawkWow

Reaction score
BlueThunder":16x7qpbu said:
Dude's only a rook. He shows a veterans poise, is extremely accurate overall with his throws, knows when to scramble and when to throw the ball away, and is fearless. He prepares for games like a man on a mission. Can you imagine what he's gonna be like next year? In 5 years? He has all the tools to overcome that stupid 2-3 inches in height. He will be the face of the Seahawks for the next decade, barring injury. JMHO. He is one exciting player, and the national talking heads are really talking him up, and rightfully so. Flynn is most definately Wilson's backup, and this is from me, a former Flynn backer. I was SO wrong. If we can round up a group of sticky-handed receivers, the sky is the limit with our passing offense! Hope I see this kid hoisting the Lombardi one day!

I'm with ya' word for word. I hope this silences those that felt we were anti Wilson. I think I speak for us both, if not all, in saying it was never about being anti Wilson. It was historical data suggesting the odds favored Flynn and were, well...anti Wilson. So much for statistics. I stated that if Wilson were to be successful, he'd have to be the best 5 10 QB in history. It looks like he just might be that and I couldn't be much happier about it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
kearly":3kuf0x7v said:
Andrew Luck had a very good game today, but if there is justice in the world he should be no better than 4th place in O-RoY right now. Even with today's performance, he's only completed 55% of his passes on the season and only has a passer rating of 74.6. That's five points worse than what T-jack had last year.

By contrast, Robert Griffin has a 97.3 passer rating and is the best rushing QB in the game. Russell Wilson has a 87 passer rating and also makes plays with his legs. Doug Martin could retire right now and own team records. He's on pace for 2078 yards from scrimmage and 16 total TDs.

Griffin and Martin blow Luck out of the water, and on better teams they'd be fringe MVP candidates. Wilson is also playing at a much higher level than Luck has so far. Every time I hear Luck for O-Roy talk it makes me want to punch someone from ESPN in the face.

That's because you're not considering the abysmal team Luck was drafted onto. You're also not considering that QBs like RG3 don't last very long. Wise voters will see what Luck has done at Indy, one of the worst teams in recent history, and that he has done it without gimmicks or putting his, and the teams future at risk. I'm not saying RG3 isn't a weapon, he is, but for how long? You draft an Andrew Luck to lead your team to championships and you draft an RG3 to put ass' in seats.

Atradees

Reaction score
Flynn could still be pretty good. With that, Wilson also seems very durable. Accurate, learning fast, working really hard...what more could one want? What is Russell's ceiling?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
From the way I hear them both described (or more specifically, their work ethics and maniacal preparation), we have our very own 5'105/8" Peyton Manning.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Atradees":2bquqnsk said:
Flynn could still be pretty good. With that, Wilson also seems very durable. Accurate, learning fast, working really hard...what more could one want? What is Russell's ceiling?

I'm sure he's a fine QB, but I don't think we'll ever find out! And thats a good thing!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
HawkWow":2te8bbs5 said:
kearly":2te8bbs5 said:

That's because you're not considering the abysmal team Luck was drafted onto. You're also not considering that QBs like RG3 don't last very long. Wise voters will see what Luck has done at Indy, one of the worst teams in recent history, and that he has done it without gimmicks or putting his, and the teams future at risk. I'm not saying RG3 isn't a weapon, he is, but for how long? You draft an Andrew Luck to lead your team to championships and you draft an RG3 to put ass' in seats.
Irrelevant. Rookie-of-the-Year is supposed to be about what happens this year. It's not supposed to have anything to do with what's expected in the future.

Slick

Reaction score
I want to have Russel Wilson's children! But I also want to have Matt Flynn's children. And I'm a dude :|

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Slick":2zfushz5 said:
I want to have Russel Wilson's children! But I also want to have Matt Flynn's children. And I'm a dude :|
You should consider dropping the "l" from you user ID.

hawker84

Reaction score
according the the dip shits on the NFL Network set last night, neon deon, irvin to be specific, they were talking ROY crap, their top 3 and in order.... Luck, RG3, and the running back from TB can't remember his name... did not even so much as mention RW.... just goes to show you, we might as have a team that plays in Walla Walla and have the local field workers as players, cuz we aren't getting any love any time soon... so not sure who does the ROY voting, but unless it's the players or Seattle fans, he's not going to win it...doesn't matter what he accomplishes this year aside from winning it all...

Happy

Reaction score
aaaaand the next time he has a bad game there will be a bunch of people talking about how he really isn't all that. "something something too short to see his targets something".

I'm enjoying the ride. RW3 is a heck of person and I'm glad to have someone like that at the most visible position on the team. If he ends up being a long term franchise level player I'll be stoked beyond belief. I haven't broken the seal on the anointing oil just yet tho.

mikeak

Reaction score
Russell is not getting the respect that he deserves and I think it is partially because he came onto a solid team. A team that was in better shape than Indy, Washington and Tampa. I also believe the commentators feel that with Flynn Seattle is between 5-4 and 4-5 team so he swings our wins + / - 1 game. Not saying I agree but this is what I BELIEVE the commentators are thinking based on reading between the lines.

Martin is putting up huge numbers so that opens your eyes big time and he deserves the credit he gets

Indy was the worst team in the league last year and they are 5-3

RG3 has a great completion percentage has been exciting and Washington is competing. I do think like many commentators has said that his numbers are somewhat a result of the system right now. I think he will be very good / great in the long term if he doesn't get knocked out of the profession but I think that for the foreseable future film study of now several games will limit the Redskins and I think they have reached the highlight of this season

Wilson's time in the limelight will come if we go to 6-4 and then 7-4......

Greenhell

Reaction score
Could care less what the mediots say. Russell Wilson...now that's my QB! Love me some RW.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd also make the argument that Indy's coaching staff threw a few games to get the #1 pick. No proof, no evidence, just a gut feeling. Players always compete, but some coaches may have..."other" motivations.