Trufant

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Trufant
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:50 pm
  • The guy deserves some respect. I recall a few really nice tackles, and then that strip and recovery, and he had some pretty tight coverage on Harvin when he was assigned to him. People on .net spend a lot of time trashing him, but I say the guy has still got it.
    Superbowl.
    NJHawksFan
    NET Practice Squad

Re: Trufant
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:56 pm
  • Agreed. His play on that fumble led to keeping the game where it needed to be. It gave the D some confidence and brought the Vikes back down to earth. That particular play can't be forgotten because of its importance to the flow of the game. It was a game changer in my view.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:57 pm
  • LOL at his pass interference call. Never seen a vet look so stupid.

But he did have a good game :)
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:00 pm
  • Yeah, I know. The fact that he prevented a TD and gave up an interference is really stupid. Sherman does it and everybody is riding him around like a pony. Tru does it and he's "washed up".
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:05 pm
  • im confused , are you saying you dont like sherman?
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:06 pm
  • EastCoastHawksFan wrote:im confused , are you saying you dont like sherman?

Someone get the banhammer.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:08 pm
  • Great work by Trufant today. The PI was bad but in the scheme of things it didn't make nearly as much difference as his FF and recovery. Add to that, just how effective was Harvin today? Not very.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:09 pm
  • Yeah, as a 3rd CB he's a great value to the team. Maybe WTIII will move in and take his job, but it's all about the competition. :)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:11 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:Yeah, I know. The fact that he prevented a TD and gave up an interference is really stupid. Sherman does it and everybody is riding him around like a pony. Tru does it and he's "washed up".

U mad bro?
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• Tru had me saying GUH at one point, but for the entire game he was a baller.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• EastCoastHawksFan wrote:im confused , are you saying you dont like sherman?

I like them both. They are Seahawks. There seems to be this school of Hawks fans that are really into picking favorites, like you can't like the entire team. If one guy does something it's great, if another does he sucks. We've seen it throughout the QB "competition" between Wilson and Flynn and last year between T-Jack and everybody else. I'm a SEAHAWKS fan.
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:16 pm
  • Tru isn't the Tru of 5-7 years ago but I will always be a fan of his. He's a State of Washington native and a Coug. You all realize he's never played a home football game outside of the state in his whole life don't you? And yeah, the strip and recovery was a really big play.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:19 pm
  • CBs and QBs are the easiest players on the team to bash because when they make a mistake its the most obvious. I think thats the main reason when you look at the net.whipping boys the last few years (Herndon, Jennings, Hasselbeck, TJack, now tru) they mostly come from those positions (not counting julius jones).

I'm glad you made this thread to give him some props when he does something good, because i know everybody is all over him everytime he misses a play.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:21 pm
  • Tru was solid. The PI sucked, but I have seen Browner, Sherman and even Thomas get burned by long TDs.

The strip was a momentum shifter and he is a solid tackler.

I am waiting for the day when Thurman can take over the nickel, but he is made of glass.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:23 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:CBs and QBs are the easiest players on the team to bash because when they make a mistake its the most obvious. I think thats the main reason when you look at the net.whipping boys the last few years (Herndon, Jennings, Hasselbeck, TJack, now tru) they mostly come from those positions (not counting julius jones).

I'm glad you made this thread to give him some props when he does something good, because i know everybody is all over him everytime he misses a play.

Good post J. The o-line had some brutal whiffs on blocks today and yet because there's other people around them it doesn't stand out like QB and CB does. Oh, and J. Jones was NOT good here. And don't forget the (often though not always deserved) beatings Alexander took here.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:38 pm
  • trufant deserves his respect, but he's long past his prime, i think he's a weak position on this defense... he's always in place to make a big play, but never seems to do it, and this has been a problem from him for years. had some good open field tackles today , i'll give him that..... but i see him getting beat far too often, been this way for a especially afer the injuries started..... JMO
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:48 pm
  • Gotta love tru, just like hawkfansince day 1 said he's played all his home games his whole life, peewee, high school, college, nfl in the great state of Washington. Nuff said.
    largenutz
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:08 pm
  • Tru is a warrior to the end! I hope he finishes his career here!
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:21 pm
  • Trufant's best days are behind him, but he cans till make plays.

The turn over he forced was a turning point in the game.
    hawkmanj
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:24 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:CBs and QBs are the easiest players on the team to bash because when they make a mistake its the most obvious. I think thats the main reason when you look at the net.whipping boys the last few years (Herndon, Jennings, Hasselbeck, TJack, now tru) they mostly come from those positions (not counting julius jones).

Actually I'd say O-lineman. When they do their job perfect, you will barely notice. When theys screw up though, it is very obvious. Sean Locklear is a great example. Horrible run blocker, but quite solid as a pass protector in 2010.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:42 am
  • It will be a cool week for the Trufant family.Little brother plays for the Jets.Trufant is the 3rd corner.I see WT3 taking Maxwell or Lane spot on the roster.Maxwell always seems to be nicked up.
    canzag
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:06 am
  • He has come up with a few really nice plays for us so far this season. I really like Thurmond but does he take over the nickle back right now? 3-4 weeks ago I would've said yes but now I'm not so sure. Tru is truly playing very good football lately.
    roiyair
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information