My Game Ball goes to...Brandon Browner!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
My Game Ball goes to...Brandon Browner!
Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:30 pm
  • The effort that he put in to catch Adrian Peterson on the long run was phenomenal! Everyone else had given up and started slowing down, but not Brandon! Holy cow was that some speed and stamina! Play of the game as far as I'm concerned because of what it demonstrated to his team mates, never give up! No matter what!

Then there was the shut down, along with the INT and no penalties. I know the referees called one on him while he was going up against a tackle, but that was complete BS. It's like the referee was looking for a reason to throw a flag on Browner.

I know there are plenty of candidates for the game ball but chasing Adrian Peterson down from behind is what sealed it for me.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• I aint mad atcha
    What's Next? What's Next? What's N-X-E-T...?"
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• Browner has some wheels on him man, to catch AP just wow. He is faster than he plays?
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• I agree that he should at least be in the running for the game ball. You can bet that the Jets will see that play in their game film and it will "take their heart away"! Not only does he hit like a rock, but he can catch you anywhere on the field!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• Browner has won me over this season, I can't believe I used to almost hate him.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:Browner has won me over this season, I can't believe I used to almost hate him.

yeah the "weak spot in the defense" thread comes to mind...

Honorable mention to Bobby Wagner for also chasing AP down from behind after over-pursuing not to mention the plays he was making in the backfield
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• Browner had a bunch of really good plays. He would get my defensive game ball too.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• yeah, that the Vikes still scored a TD is a bummer, because it would have only cemented what a great play that was had we held them to a FG.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• Browner's a thrreat to score when he picks....
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• great play, i never knew he had those kinda wheels, the announcers said AD tired towards the end and slowed a bit, i don't care that was awsome to see browner screaming into the picture and walked his A## down... good stuff.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Re-watched the first half last night, Brandon made 3 tackles on Adrian Petersen after he had blown through the line and made good yardage. One was right after AD juked ET out of his shoes :D If it hadn't been for Browner, Adrian would have had a lot more yardage.

BB is a tackling machine!
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• ivotuk wrote:The effort that he put in to catch Adrian Peterson on the long run was phenomenal! Everyone else had given up and started slowing down, but not Brandon! Holy cow was that some speed and stamina! Play of the game as far as I'm concerned because of what it demonstrated to his team mates, never give up! No matter what!

Then there was the shut down, along with the INT and no penalties. I know the referees called one on him while he was going up against a tackle, but that was complete BS. It's like the referee was looking for a reason to throw a flag on Browner.

I know there are plenty of candidates for the game ball but chasing Adrian Peterson down from behind is what sealed it for me.

The 15 yard penalty was not complete BS. He retaliated on a player and it always draws a flag. Sometimes they see what started it and throw a double - either way instead of a 2nd and 13 they get a first down 15 yards down the field - it was stupid. Still a great game by Browner but I disagree on not counting the penalty
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Just a couple tweets about our CB play from the weekend. #shutdown

Chad Davis ‏@chad_davis45
    Brandon Browner was targeted 4 times (1 catch for 14 yards, 1 interception) in 52 snaps against the Vikings. #Seahawks
    Expand

8m Chad Davis ‏@chad_davis45
    Richard Sherman was targeted once (no catch) in 52 defensive snaps against the Vikings. #Seahawks
    Expand

:thirishdrinkers:
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• The flag looked like complete bs because all though he retaliated, he didn't swing or anything like that. It looked like he just titty bumbed him. Also, how was that guy not involved in the play, as the referre said?
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• That flag was totally bs. The guy smacked Browner in the face. Of course the ref missed that, but they went face to face and the Viking kinda leaned in and bumped face masks with him.

Not saying the Viking should've been flagged either, unless they see him hitting BB in the face mask. There should've been no flag there, I've seen TONS of stuff way worse than this get looked over, but this very umpire's crew.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Browner has some wheels. My jaw dropped when I saw him chase down Peterson on that run. That kind of effort is why I love this team.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• Browner caught Adrian Peterson from behind. From a long ways behind. End of story, nobody can dispute that Browner has ridiculous speed. Hell of a play.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Just a couple tweets about our CB play from the weekend. #shutdown

Chad Davis ‏@chad_davis45
    Brandon Browner was targeted 4 times (1 catch for 14 yards, 1 interception) in 52 snaps against the Vikings. #Seahawks
    Expand

8m Chad Davis ‏@chad_davis45
    Richard Sherman was targeted once (no catch) in 52 defensive snaps against the Vikings. #Seahawks
    Expand

:thirishdrinkers:

They should stop tweeting and focus on the games more.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Certainly faster than the 4.7 he ran. Winston Guy also ran a 4.7 40 at the combine and later I learned it was due to a hammy and then ran a low 4.5 at a pro day when healthy. Could have been one of those kind of things. Sometimes guys just don't time fast too, but fly on the field.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• Browner is a Beaver and I love my Beavers.
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Hawks46 wrote:That flag was totally bs. The guy smacked Browner in the face. Of course the ref missed that, but they went face to face and the Viking kinda leaned in and bumped face masks with him.

Not saying the Viking should've been flagged either, unless they see him hitting BB in the face mask. There should've been no flag there, I've seen TONS of stuff way worse than this get looked over, but this very umpire's crew.

Wasn't "that guy" that hit BB first, our old pal, Mr. Steve "Poison Pill" Hutchinson?
    chawx
    NET Veteran

• "I don't know why anyone thinks the NFL is going to start the season with a rematch of one of the most lopsided Super Bowls of all-time.

They want a competitive game, not an ass-pounding." --- Broncos Fan
    smashmouth59
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• The man is a force. He can and does dominate. Brandon can take over and impact the game and its outcome at any time.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• It's tough to decide who's been the team's Defensive MVP so far. Browner, Mebane, and Sherman have all been very deserving in my opinion.

I think if I absolutely had to decide, I'd go with Browner. He's made some huge, game-changing plays so far this year.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• NYCoug wrote:It's tough to decide who's been the team's Defensive MVP so far. Browner, Mebane, and Sherman have all been very deserving in my opinion.

I think if I absolutely had to decide, I'd go with Browner. He's made some huge, game-changing plays so far this year.

I couldn't argue against anyone of those three.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• And he's bad, bad Brandon Brown(er)... baddest man in the whole damn town...
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• vin.couve12 wrote:Certainly faster than the 4.7 he ran. Winston Guy also ran a 4.7 40 at the combine and later I learned it was due to a hammy and then ran a low 4.5 at a pro day when healthy. Could have been one of those kind of things. Sometimes guys just don't time fast too, but fly on the field.

Yep, Combine/Pro day speed is cool and all, but GAME TIME SPEED is a whole another animal that doesn't get touted enough,,It's THIS speed that really matters.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    NYCoug wrote:It's tough to decide who's been the team's Defensive MVP so far. Browner, Mebane, and Sherman have all been very deserving in my opinion.

I couldn't argue against anyone of those three.

I couldn't argue that you have the greatest avatar of all on this site. Love that manchild!
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:The effort that he put in to catch Adrian Peterson on the long run was phenomenal! Everyone else had given up and started slowing down, but not Brandon! Holy cow was that some speed and stamina! Play of the game as far as I'm concerned because of what it demonstrated to his team mates, never give up! No matter what!

The 15 yard penalty was not complete BS. He retaliated on a player and it always draws a flag. Sometimes they see what started it and throw a double - either way instead of a 2nd and 13 they get a first down 15 yards down the field - it was stupid. Still a great game by Browner but I disagree on not counting the penalty

Sorry but you are incorrect, go back and watch the play. I did, 5 times. The referee something like "For unnecessary contact with a player not involved in the play"

But Kalil was involved in the play, he was blocking Browner, pushing him backwards then raked his hand across Brandon's face. All Brandon did was chest bump him, and they threw a flag.

BS penalty called because the referee was looking for something to call on Browner, and imho per his "reputation." But that reputation is old news and shouldn't be used for making judgement calls. I hope Pete tears them a new one on that call and that the NFL spreads the word, "No calls on Browner that "have all the ingredients" of a foul.
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• "Browner is a Beaver and I love my Beavers"

What a coincidence ! I love Beavers too.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• yeah i love bb, that is the second time he had a never say die play like that. the first was that forced fumble on the panthers.
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• I almost threw my beer through the tv when that flag was thrown. A thought crossed my mind much later that the action was not significant but perhaps the ref had warned Browner about some shenanigins prior to that play to the extent of "this is your last warning, stop being a punk" and then we were unfortunate enough that the ref only caught the chest bump and thought BB was still being said punk.

Being that we won I think it doesn't matter and I think BB is a baller. I feel that Browner is having an impressive season considering that he is thrown at way more then a CB of his quality should be. Sherman is shut down so QBs have to throw to Browners side. As such, he is going to get beat every now and again just like old Champ and a healthy Revis would if they were thrown to as much. The fact that he is getting picked on like a 2nd corner and still hardly makes a mistake is damn impressive.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

• Seeker wrote:yeah i love bb, that is the second time he had a never say die play like that. the first was that forced fumble on the panthers.

How about that goal line stop? The dude just makes plays. He's even better this year than last and he seems a lot faster and more fluid out there (learning from Sherm?)
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• sturg78 wrote:I almost threw my beer through the tv when that flag was thrown. A thought crossed my mind much later that the action was not significant but perhaps the ref had warned Browner about some shenanigins prior to that play to the extent of "this is your last warning, stop being a punk" and then we were unfortunate enough that the ref only caught the chest bump and thought BB was still being said punk.

Being that we won I think it doesn't matter and I think BB is a baller. I feel that Browner is having an impressive season considering that he is thrown at way more then a CB of his quality should be. Sherman is shut down so QBs have to throw to Browners side. As such, he is going to get beat every now and again just like old Champ and a healthy Revis would if they were thrown to as much. The fact that he is getting picked on like a 2nd corner and still hardly makes a mistake is damn impressive.

I was fuming after that "flag" also, maybe because I didn't have a beer to throw through my friend's TV? But seriously, that was weak sauce. If that's a flag, then what's this?! (neither should be a flag in my book btw)

As for your other point about Browner being thrown to more because of Sherman's greatness, I agree. I think the comparison I would use is Troy Vincent/Bobby Taylor from back in Philly, just bigger and stronger. Sherman would be our equivalent to Vincent, who was the better of the two from a technical standpoint, with Browner being similar to old friend Taylor, just way more physical and nasty. When you throw in the fact that the Eagles had Dawkins back there as well, I'd say we're pretty comparable to their secondary from back in the day. Except the Seahawks have 4 studs back there, and not just 3. To this day, that was the best secondary I ever saw when they were in their prime. I think when it's all said and done the Seahawks current secondary will go down in NFL lore as being better.
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• Hawks46 wrote:"Browner is a Beaver and I love my Beavers"

What a coincidence ! I love Beavers too.

A lot of beaver fans in the Pacific Northwest.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information