Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Not to overlook Jets, but Dolphins game in Miami is HUGE!
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:17 pm 
NET Veteran

Oh who am I kidding, the Jets blow. Anyway, assuming we win next week, we will be 6-4. With the game after the dolphins being on the road in Chicago, we can not afford to lose the one in Miami and potentially go 6-6. The dolphins are a surprise team this year and we will need to earn this victory. Looking the schedule, I think its the most interesting and crucial game left

Post subject: Re: Not to overlook Jets, but Dolphins game in Miami is HUGE!
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:19 pm 
NET Veteran

Let's just go ahead and worry about the Jets first.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:19 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Sorry, but seriously, the ONLY game that matters this week is the Jets game. Period. It's the biggest game we have on the schedule and will be that way until the final bell sounds and we've beaten them soundly.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:22 pm 
NET Veteran

One of the perks of being a fan is that we dont have to prepare for games like the players do. Not sure why some get angry for looking ahead on the schedule

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:26 pm 
NET Veteran

therealjohncarlson wrote:
One of the perks of being a fan is that we dont have to prepare for games like the players do. Not sure why some get angry for looking ahead on the schedule

It's because they're irrationally superstitious.

But you already knew that.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:41 pm 
NET Veteran

Oh who am I kidding, the Jets blow. Anyway, assuming we win next week, we will be 6-4. With the game after the dolphins being on the road in Chicago, we can not afford to lose the one in Miami and potentially go 6-6. The dolphins are a surprise team this year and we will need to earn this victory. Looking the schedule, I think its the most interesting and crucial game left

It's nowhere near the most crucial game left. Every single divisional game is leagues more important than the Miami game.

The game against Chicago is far more important, too.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:20 pm 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

The Miami game is important, since if as you predict the team beats the Jets, a win would guarantee the team of at least another 7-9 season. This being very important, since it potentially keeps alive the lame ESPN NFC West blog running pun of the never-ending "7-9" lines over there. Very original stuff created at the team's folly lead by that Sando guy.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:46 am 
NET Starter

Yes, but I believe part of being a great fan is doing everything you can to help your team win, so if you feel like you have to be superstitious, then go for it.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:48 am 
* NET Baller *

I'm never counting another team out after the Rams game...

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:07 am 
NET Veteran

Jazzhawk wrote:
Sorry, but seriously, the ONLY game that matters this week is the Jets game. Period. It's the biggest game we have on the schedule and will be that way until the final bell sounds and we've beaten them soundly.

The entire schedule matters.....unless fans are to become cliche machines as well.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:00 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

Agree man...we are not on the field and want them to be in the playoffs so most of us are looking at future games... :thirishdrinkers:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:41 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

volsunghawk wrote:

It's nowhere near the most crucial game left. Every single divisional game is leagues more important than the Miami game.

From a standpoint of games we have snowball's chance of winning I'm going to go with Miami being more important than Chicago. Yes it would be huge for us to beat the Bears but that's such a longshot. In my mind the playoff roadmap is to win out at home, and if we drop a home game to SF we must make up for it against Miami and Buffalo.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:43 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

They correlate preparation, or lack thereof by fans, as the same being done by the players of the actual team. Little different form the superstitious ninnies that believe in the Madden Curse, to be honest.

We can only afford one more loss for the rest of the season if we expect to reach the play-offs. I don't see the 49ers finishing below 12-4, at this point. Even with a tie, they're almost guaranteed to have a better division record than us, which means they'd win the division and we have to get in as a wild card. I don't like our chances at 10-6, the AFC is getting beat up by the NFC this year. We need 11 wins to reach the playoffs, and it's possible we may not even get it then, though it's pretty likely.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Last edited by RolandDeschain on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:44 pm 
* NET Radish *

Phins conversations are for next week, Jets for now.

Unless someone would prefer this in the NFL Forum

:les:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:47 pm 
* NET Philistine *

hawk45 wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:

From a standpoint of games we have snowball's chance of winning I'm going to go with Miami being more important than Chicago. Yes it would be huge for us to beat the Bears but that's such a longshot. In my mind the playoff roadmap is to win out at home, and if we drop a home game to SF we must make up for it against Miami and Buffalo.

Win % chances, nonwithstanding, conference games are always more important than out of conference games because of playoff tie breakers.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:47 pm 
NET Veteran

hawk45 wrote:
volsunghawk wrote:

I don't consider the Bears game a longshot, necessarily. At least not any more than the Dolphins game (that Dolphins D is better than people realize). The Bears come back down to earth every single season.

The primary reason that all the divisional and conference games are more important than the Miami game is that out-of-conference games do nothing for our tiebreakers, and I think tiebreakers are going to be crucial in the NFC this season. We've got head-to-head wins against Minnesota and Green Bay, so that helps, but we need as many conference wins as we can get, since conference wins are the first tiebreaker after head-to-head.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:48 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

No doubt about it - we need to win one of the last three road games.

Miami...I just don't like that set-up. East Coast 10 am start and they are pretty good - plus we always seem to have problems down there.

Chicago - hopefully the Bears come back to earth in the next month before we play them. The Bears have a pretty rough schedule leading up to our game - vs Houston, @ SF, vs Minnesota ... so hopefully that takes some starch out of them. We seem to play well there, although last time it was no Cutler or Forte. Their defense is CRAZY good this season.

Buffalo gives me the most optimism. First, it's not actually in Buffalo -it's in Toronto, which means indoors vs. the crappy weather that time of year in upstate New York. It's also a 1 pm start time instead of a 10 am start. We have one road win this season, and it was also a 1 pm start (Carolina). Plus, well, it's the Bills.

Sweep the last four at home and pull out a road win and we are 10-6, which looks good for a playoff berth.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:58 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Understand the importance of Bears game from a tiebreaker perspective, which is why I prefaced my comments with "From a standpoint of games we stand a snowball's chance of winning."

I consider the Bears a much bigger longshot than Miami. We'll see.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:25 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm just excited that these home stretch games will actually mean something this year,...unlike us all talking about draft positions for 2013,...

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:05 pm 
* PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

I'll assume that we go 8 & 0 at home this season.
We need to win 1 more road game to finish @ 10 & 6. :229031_shrug:
That said,
@ Dolphins
@ Bears
@ Bills (Toronto) :229031_flagca:
....pick 1 ?? ....

Bills game might be the easiest as we might have as many Seahawks' fans in the stands as Bills' fans !!??
Next easiest would be the Fish.
Hardest, (most important because of conference record / WC tie-breaker) will be the Bears !!

:th2thumbs:

GO HAWKS !!

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]