Not to overlook Jets, but Dolphins game in Miami is HUGE!

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Oh who am I kidding, the Jets blow. Anyway, assuming we win next week, we will be 6-4. With the game after the dolphins being on the road in Chicago, we can not afford to lose the one in Miami and potentially go 6-6. The dolphins are a surprise team this year and we will need to earn this victory. Looking the schedule, I think its the most interesting and crucial game left

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Sorry, but seriously, the ONLY game that matters this week is the Jets game. Period. It's the biggest game we have on the schedule and will be that way until the final bell sounds and we've beaten them soundly.

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
One of the perks of being a fan is that we dont have to prepare for games like the players do. Not sure why some get angry for looking ahead on the schedule

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3chmjkqf said:
One of the perks of being a fan is that we dont have to prepare for games like the players do. Not sure why some get angry for looking ahead on the schedule

It's because they're irrationally superstitious.

But you already knew that.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2rh2hcxg said:
Oh who am I kidding, the Jets blow. Anyway, assuming we win next week, we will be 6-4. With the game after the dolphins being on the road in Chicago, we can not afford to lose the one in Miami and potentially go 6-6. The dolphins are a surprise team this year and we will need to earn this victory. Looking the schedule, I think its the most interesting and crucial game left

It's nowhere near the most crucial game left. Every single divisional game is leagues more important than the Miami game.

The game against Chicago is far more important, too.

drdiags

Reaction score
The Miami game is important, since if as you predict the team beats the Jets, a win would guarantee the team of at least another 7-9 season. This being very important, since it potentially keeps alive the lame ESPN NFC West blog running pun of the never-ending "7-9" lines over there. Very original stuff created at the team's folly lead by that Sando guy.

strohmin

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":18o9dgco said:

Yes, but I believe part of being a great fan is doing everything you can to help your team win, so if you feel like you have to be superstitious, then go for it.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1rkongow said:
Sorry, but seriously, the ONLY game that matters this week is the Jets game. Period. It's the biggest game we have on the schedule and will be that way until the final bell sounds and we've beaten them soundly.

The entire schedule matters.....unless fans are to become cliche machines as well.

hawksmode

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":2ijbra9e said:

Agree man...we are not on the field and want them to be in the playoffs so most of us are looking at future games... :thirishdrinkers:

hawk45

Reaction score
volsunghawk":demk1e2n said:
therealjohncarlson":demk1e2n said:

It's nowhere near the most crucial game left. Every single divisional game is leagues more important than the Miami game.

From a standpoint of games we have snowball's chance of winning I'm going to go with Miami being more important than Chicago. Yes it would be huge for us to beat the Bears but that's such a longshot. In my mind the playoff roadmap is to win out at home, and if we drop a home game to SF we must make up for it against Miami and Buffalo.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3s3scrnh said:

They correlate preparation, or lack thereof by fans, as the same being done by the players of the actual team. Little different form the superstitious ninnies that believe in the Madden Curse, to be honest.

We can only afford one more loss for the rest of the season if we expect to reach the play-offs. I don't see the 49ers finishing below 12-4, at this point. Even with a tie, they're almost guaranteed to have a better division record than us, which means they'd win the division and we have to get in as a wild card. I don't like our chances at 10-6, the AFC is getting beat up by the NFC this year. We need 11 wins to reach the playoffs, and it's possible we may not even get it then, though it's pretty likely.

The Radish

Reaction score
Phins conversations are for next week, Jets for now.

Unless someone would prefer this in the NFL Forum

:les:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
hawk45":3enscvck said:
volsunghawk":3enscvck said:
therealjohncarlson":3enscvck said:

From a standpoint of games we have snowball's chance of winning I'm going to go with Miami being more important than Chicago. Yes it would be huge for us to beat the Bears but that's such a longshot. In my mind the playoff roadmap is to win out at home, and if we drop a home game to SF we must make up for it against Miami and Buffalo.

Win % chances, nonwithstanding, conference games are always more important than out of conference games because of playoff tie breakers.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
hawk45":1evdl62w said:
volsunghawk":1evdl62w said:
therealjohncarlson":1evdl62w said:

I don't consider the Bears game a longshot, necessarily. At least not any more than the Dolphins game (that Dolphins D is better than people realize). The Bears come back down to earth every single season.

The primary reason that all the divisional and conference games are more important than the Miami game is that out-of-conference games do nothing for our tiebreakers, and I think tiebreakers are going to be crucial in the NFC this season. We've got head-to-head wins against Minnesota and Green Bay, so that helps, but we need as many conference wins as we can get, since conference wins are the first tiebreaker after head-to-head.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
No doubt about it - we need to win one of the last three road games.

Miami...I just don't like that set-up. East Coast 10 am start and they are pretty good - plus we always seem to have problems down there.

Chicago - hopefully the Bears come back to earth in the next month before we play them. The Bears have a pretty rough schedule leading up to our game - vs Houston, @ SF, vs Minnesota ... so hopefully that takes some starch out of them. We seem to play well there, although last time it was no Cutler or Forte. Their defense is CRAZY good this season.

Buffalo gives me the most optimism. First, it's not actually in Buffalo -it's in Toronto, which means indoors vs. the crappy weather that time of year in upstate New York. It's also a 1 pm start time instead of a 10 am start. We have one road win this season, and it was also a 1 pm start (Carolina). Plus, well, it's the Bills.

Sweep the last four at home and pull out a road win and we are 10-6, which looks good for a playoff berth.

hawk45

Reaction score
Understand the importance of Bears game from a tiebreaker perspective, which is why I prefaced my comments with "From a standpoint of games we stand a snowball's chance of winning."

I consider the Bears a much bigger longshot than Miami. We'll see.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
I'm just excited that these home stretch games will actually mean something this year,...unlike us all talking about draft positions for 2013,...

Reaction score
I'll assume that we go 8 & 0 at home this season.
We need to win 1 more road game to finish @ 10 & 6. :229031_shrug:
That said,
@ Dolphins
@ Bears
@ Bills (Toronto) :229031_flagca:
....pick 1 ?? ....

Bills game might be the easiest as we might have as many Seahawks' fans in the stands as Bills' fans !!??
Next easiest would be the Fish.
Hardest, (most important because of conference record / WC tie-breaker) will be the Bears !!

:th2thumbs:

Latest posts