Credit where its due: Bevell

pehawk

Reaction score
seahawk2k":255rww5f said:
Yes, the valiant few, that bring reasoning to an emotional place like this, and I appreciate it, but you've got to understand a lot of it reeks of hindsight criticism, and that's something I just can't stand.

I do pay attention, as I read far more than I post.

Well, all I can say, a lot of us have been critical both when the results made it easy to AND difficult to criticize. I'm a big critic, and I've routinely given him credit to.

Maybe when you wave the flag of "you don't understand what its like" when its easy AND difficult your posts will be read differently.

Not coming down on ya, just don't remember you being one way or the other.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
haha, calling me a front runner because I post this after a win? Really? I'm pretty sure I have, but I tend to not post on the long, volatile threads where everyone digs a trench, takes a stance and argues in circles.

But, fair enough, next time the Seahawks offense has a subpar game, or, we lose, since he got ripped last week by quite a few posters when the offense actually did pretty well, I will appease you and give detailed explanations why I disagree with the majority of the criticism so that the time after that there is an argument record of my opinion since thats how opinions and "credibility" is built on this board the last few years. And yes, that just was one long sentence.

I couldn't give a rats ass if you come down on me or not, I can handle it.

Cheers

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I was a Bevell doubter but if the Seahawks start to put up massive points like this every week, no more.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
pehawk":2hpkchn4 said:
seahawk2k":2hpkchn4 said:
Yes, the valiant few, that bring reasoning to an emotional place like this, and I appreciate it, but you've got to understand a lot of it reeks of hindsight criticism, and that's something I just can't stand.

I do pay attention, as I read far more than I post.

Well, all I can say, a lot of us have been critical both when the results made it easy to AND difficult to criticize. I'm a big critic, and I've routinely given him credit to.

Maybe when you wave the flag of "you don't understand what its like" when its easy AND difficult your posts will be read differently.

Not coming down on ya, just don't remember you being one way or the other.

I'm also a Bevell critic as well and for the most part we've given Bevell props when he's done well. This aggressive playcalling is what most of us were hoping for from such a conservative coaching staff (Bevell included).
For poster who is bashing us Bevell critics keep in mind this game was against HIS FORMER TEAM AND PLAYERS and it was played AT HOME.

The Viking secondary was thin and can't defend the short passing game. Bevell clearly has an advantage in this game and did well as he should. Another advantage is that RW did very well too and his quick decisions and improvisation skills made the OC look much better.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I liked the playcalling today. Exploiting matchups, getting the defense slanted one way then running the other, and generally keeping them off balance.

I'm not too worried about him getting Wilson hurt on the sneaks. QBs rarely take violent collisions on sneaks, certainly not as violent as regular knock downs when guys get a running start at ya. Also, Minny's DL was getting a lot of penetration against us, so I'm not too tore up about the sneaks. They were stuffing Lynch when they knew it was a run, and guessed the gaps.

pehawk

Reaction score
seahawk2k":4afuu2g5 said:
haha, calling me a front runner because I post this after a win? Really? I'm pretty sure I have, but I tend to not post on the long, volatile threads where everyone digs a trench, takes a stance and argues in circles.

But, fair enough, next time the Seahawks offense has a subpar game, or, we lose, since he got ripped last week by quite a few posters when the offense actually did pretty well, I will appease you and give detailed explanations why I disagree with the majority of the criticism so that the time after that there is an argument record of my opinion since thats how opinions and "credibility" is built on this board the last few years. And yes, that just was one long sentence.

I couldn't give a rats ass if you come down on me or not, I can handle it.

Cheers

Didn't say anything, nor doubt you can take anything. Just found it a tad overkill to say you shouldn't criticize, unless you've actually called plays before. I don't even like video games, so, I have no rights to criticize, I guess.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Well apparently you would know that Bevell is a good OC if you did play video games because that's all it requires for that knowledge while thinking that he isn't a good OC requires real experience calling plays..

hawk45

Reaction score
All I know is these message boards are going to get a lot less traffic once they start enforcing the standard that we all must hold paid positions on an NFL coaching staff before we're allowed to comment. That is, except for particular posters who are exempt from that somehow? I'm trying to figure this out here and am having a little trouble. Ah well, one thing is clear, as long as nobody says anything negative about Bevell they won't come for us.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Come on man, don't misquote me, I believe I said that I would encourage his detractors to call plays outside of video games before they bash him too much. No one is above criticism, but the criticism itself has been excessive. Maybe I should've been more specific, but I was talking largely to the people that say he should be fired and always find something he does to complain about. I've found that the people that take the strongest opinions in this world are the people that actually are the most ignorant and uneducated and its unfortunate that you took my comment personally as you weren't on my mind at all when I made that post. For that I apologize, as I'll be more targeted in my criticism next time.

pehawk

Reaction score
If it helps, people that've read my posts, know I never liked his hire. On a basic level, he made no sense after firing Bates and bringing in a Cable.

He did have a GREAT game today. Great game. I also posted how ballsy the NE GW TD was.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
God I wish we could play against the Vikings defense for the rest of the season. Bevell clearly is familiar with his old team.
He's also shown to add to his playbook as he studies other teams--this week it was bubble screens. Coming into this game Vikes were much more proficient at screening to Harvin. We not only took it away but we did it to them! This is so unlike Bevell it's truly inspiring!

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
Best game i ever seen him call and best execution i have seen yet by the offense. Now its just time for these boys to get consistent at hanging up an avg of 28 per game least that is where i would like to see them.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there were a couple comments I agreed with on page 1, but after a 2-page back-n-forth of mind-numbing yadda yadda, I forgot. I'll just say, I was dismayed by a couple calls in the 1st half and I was knocked out by a few calls in the 2nd. It was a great combination of creative, but sound, play-calling and creative, but sound, execution. Celebrate the WIN and hope for MORE!

PS: no official play-caller has endorsed this message.

kearly

Reaction score
Bevell called a very good game, but what impressed me more was the preparation and execution by the players. The offense looked incredibly smooth and well synchronized. If it were basketball we'd say there were "in the zone." It reminded me of the Holmgren era when everyone on the team had to play perfect and the Seahawks were always among the least penalized teams in the NFL.

Latest posts