Russell Wilson

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:34 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    Liz Mathews 710 ESPN ‏@Liz_Mathews
    #Seahawks Russell Wilson's 13th TD pass sets new franchise rookie record, while Ponder threw for third lowest pass yardage of his career.

Just under half of the season to play, and Wilson already has the franchise rookie record for TD passes. Wow.

Testament to how awful we've been at drafting QB's as a franchise

Currently, Wilson is on pace to match Peyton Manning's rookie record of TD passes, Peyton himself had 26, with 28 INT's as well. He also had a measly 6.5 YPA, a completion percentage of 56.7, and 575 attempts.

By comparison, Wilson has 224 attempts with a 62 completion percentage. He has 13 TD passes with only 8 INT's. He has about 7.0 YPA, and it's only getting better.

Wilson could set records.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:51 pm
  • Rookie Wilson is developing good timing with Rice on those deep in-routes. Those were some of Favre's go-to plays for Rice and will be killer-plays for opponents if Russ continue this progress with a weapon like Rice. Tate still amazes me with his heart and effort--just needs to be more consistent. That's a relatively young tandem that should complement eachother very well.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:57 pm
  • I'm really impressed with his progression. He plays to his strengths, doesn't make a ton of mistakes, and doesn't turn the ball over.

It's really amazing when you look at film....last week's problems are this week's solutions.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:59 pm
  • Best thing about Russell is he's just playing the point-guard role of quarterbacking right now. Sky is the limit for him n Hawks.

By the way he was really quick with reads and progression at Wisconsin as well. He just needed more time with the Hawks playbook and oft-injured receivers.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:02 pm
  • Russ Willstrong wrote:Best thing about Russell is he's just playing the point-guard role of quarterbacking right now. Sky is the limit for him n Hawks.

By the way he was really quick with reads and progression at Wisconsin as well. He just needed more time with the Hawks playbook and oft-injured receivers.

Ehh I dunno, he is pretty short ;)
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:44 pm
  • This kid made a believer out of me just like he did PC, JS, and his teammates.
    I'm giddy about the future of the QB position for the Seahawks because of RW.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:03 pm
  • drdiags wrote:That double DE sack he took late sure seemed like he was going to be down for awhile. I wouldn't pooh-pooh Flynn just yet. Good thing Wilson isn't a very tall QB ... smile.

That and those QB sneaks, that happened to put Hasselbeck and T-Jack into poor health the past few years. Makes no sense to risk your starter with those calls. But I gather there is a method to the madness.

I decided to trust PC & JS for their uncanny ability to find players that excell at most positions, I will admit that I was happy that they went out and got Matt Flynn, because I felt that we'd seen the best that Jackson had to offer by Seasons end last Year.
    It kind of fostered a bit of uneasiness when Pete decided to start Wilson, but I didn't question the move as I believe that PC & JS have put a bunch of thought into the decide.
    As it turns out, Wilson has shown that he's quick to grasp the game on the NFL level.
    I see Flynn (who beat out Jackson) as a GOOD backup if the need arises,,I just don't get the Flynn bashers mindset on the matter, oh well.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:06 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    drdiags wrote:That double DE sack he took late sure seemed like he was going to be down for awhile. I wouldn't pooh-pooh Flynn just yet. Good thing Wilson isn't a very tall QB ... smile.

That and those QB sneaks, that happened to put Hasselbeck and T-Jack into poor health the past few years. Makes no sense to risk your starter with those calls. But I gather there is a method to the madness.

I decided to trust PC & JS for their uncanny ability to find players that excell at most positions, I will admit that I was happy that they went out and got Matt Flynn, because I felt that we'd seen the best that Jackson had to offer by Seasons end last Year.
    It kind of fostered a bit of uneasiness when Pete decided to start Wilson, but I didn't question the move as I believe that PC & JS have put a bunch of thought into the decide.
    As it turns out, Wilson has shown that he's quick to grasp the game on the NFL level.
    I see Flynn (who beat out Jackson) as a GOOD backup if the need arises,,I just don't get the Flynn bashers mindset on the matter, oh well.

The Flynn bashers are just the natural response to the Flynnsanity guys who thought they knew more about the QBs on this team and knew more about personnel and coaching than Carroll. They were wrong, I think that's clear now. There were a lot of heated arguments so a little "I told you so" and digs are to be expected.

I agree, though, Flynn is a very solid backup for us. If there's a trade market for him in the offseason of any sort, I'd be fine with pursuing it, but I'm also fine keeping him around as a decent insurance policy so there isn't as big of a drop off if Wilson goes down as with most starters to their backups.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information