Russell Wilson

scutterhawk

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3bhabvjt said:
Flynn who?
The guy who wears the SEAHAWKS uniform, Matt Flynn, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS BACKUP QUARTERBACK (Thank GOD), you know, the UN-T-Jack, suck it up T-Fizzle.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1pyfasjz said:
Steve Myer
Chris Rowland
Sam Adkins
John Conner
David Norrie
Sammy Garza
John Gromos
Dan McGuire
Rick Mirer
Brock Huard
Josh Booty
Jeff Kelly
Seneca Wallace
David Greene
Mike Teel
Russell Wilson

One of these things is not like the others ....

JKent82

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1ypmew3d said:
JKent82":1ypmew3d said:
The first touchdown to Tate stood out to me. Made a read over the middle, looked to Sidney left, sensed pressure and fired across to Tate going to the right corner. Just beautiful to watch a rookie do that.

His ability to avoid pressure and keep his eyes up were phenomenal today. Gotta love it.

RG3 wouldn't be able to do that, as he struggles to progress from his first read. He probably would've ran it and the media would've still circle jerked all over him even if he didn't make it.

I happen to LIKE RG3... But not as much as love lil Russ! :D

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
He is our QB for a couple years at least. Have seen the improvement all season. Can't say enough.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
For the first time since I've been a Seahawks fan, (birth in 78) there's no other QB I'd rather have on our team than the one we have!!!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I was an early convert since his last season at Wisconsin, since my bro is an Alumni. Watching he progression this season has been great. The best is yet to come I think. The hard part is going to come in the off season when Pete is going to have to make some tough decisions about his current receiving corps. Too many dropped passes so late in the season and in critical situations. Wilson needs a better supporting cast at this point.

drdiags

Reaction score
That double DE sack he took late sure seemed like he was going to be down for awhile. I wouldn't pooh-pooh Flynn just yet. Good thing Wilson isn't a very tall QB ... smile.

That and those QB sneaks, that happened to put Hasselbeck and T-Jack into poor health the past few years. Makes no sense to risk your starter with those calls. But I gather there is a method to the madness.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":uztcbzw9 said:
Liz Mathews 710 ESPN ‏@Liz_Mathews
#Seahawks Russell Wilson's 13th TD pass sets new franchise rookie record, while Ponder threw for third lowest pass yardage of his career.

Just under half of the season to play, and Wilson already has the franchise rookie record for TD passes. Wow.

Testament to how awful we've been at drafting QB's as a franchise

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ohp8qo7 said:
Seahawk Sailor":3ohp8qo7 said:
Liz Mathews 710 ESPN ‏@Liz_Mathews
#Seahawks Russell Wilson's 13th TD pass sets new franchise rookie record, while Ponder threw for third lowest pass yardage of his career.

Just under half of the season to play, and Wilson already has the franchise rookie record for TD passes. Wow.

Testament to how awful we've been at drafting QB's as a franchise

Currently, Wilson is on pace to match Peyton Manning's rookie record of TD passes, Peyton himself had 26, with 28 INT's as well. He also had a measly 6.5 YPA, a completion percentage of 56.7, and 575 attempts.

By comparison, Wilson has 224 attempts with a 62 completion percentage. He has 13 TD passes with only 8 INT's. He has about 7.0 YPA, and it's only getting better.

Wilson could set records.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Rookie Wilson is developing good timing with Rice on those deep in-routes. Those were some of Favre's go-to plays for Rice and will be killer-plays for opponents if Russ continue this progress with a weapon like Rice. Tate still amazes me with his heart and effort--just needs to be more consistent. That's a relatively young tandem that should complement eachother very well.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm really impressed with his progression. He plays to his strengths, doesn't make a ton of mistakes, and doesn't turn the ball over.

It's really amazing when you look at film....last week's problems are this week's solutions.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Best thing about Russell is he's just playing the point-guard role of quarterbacking right now. Sky is the limit for him n Hawks.

By the way he was really quick with reads and progression at Wisconsin as well. He just needed more time with the Hawks playbook and oft-injured receivers.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":c185wk6t said:
Best thing about Russell is he's just playing the point-guard role of quarterbacking right now. Sky is the limit for him n Hawks.

By the way he was really quick with reads and progression at Wisconsin as well. He just needed more time with the Hawks playbook and oft-injured receivers.

Ehh I dunno, he is pretty short ;)

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
This kid made a believer out of me just like he did PC, JS, and his teammates.
I'm giddy about the future of the QB position for the Seahawks because of RW.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":w5o9utnw said:
That double DE sack he took late sure seemed like he was going to be down for awhile. I wouldn't pooh-pooh Flynn just yet. Good thing Wilson isn't a very tall QB ... smile.

That and those QB sneaks, that happened to put Hasselbeck and T-Jack into poor health the past few years. Makes no sense to risk your starter with those calls. But I gather there is a method to the madness.

I decided to trust PC & JS for their uncanny ability to find players that excell at most positions, I will admit that I was happy that they went out and got Matt Flynn, because I felt that we'd seen the best that Jackson had to offer by Seasons end last Year.
It kind of fostered a bit of uneasiness when Pete decided to start Wilson, but I didn't question the move as I believe that PC & JS have put a bunch of thought into the decide.
As it turns out, Wilson has shown that he's quick to grasp the game on the NFL level.
I see Flynn (who beat out Jackson) as a GOOD backup if the need arises,,I just don't get the Flynn bashers mindset on the matter, oh well.

pinksheets

Reaction score
scutterhawk":kt71f633 said:
drdiags":kt71f633 said:

I decided to trust PC & JS for their uncanny ability to find players that excell at most positions, I will admit that I was happy that they went out and got Matt Flynn, because I felt that we'd seen the best that Jackson had to offer by Seasons end last Year.
It kind of fostered a bit of uneasiness when Pete decided to start Wilson, but I didn't question the move as I believe that PC & JS have put a bunch of thought into the decide.
As it turns out, Wilson has shown that he's quick to grasp the game on the NFL level.
I see Flynn (who beat out Jackson) as a GOOD backup if the need arises,,I just don't get the Flynn bashers mindset on the matter, oh well.
The Flynn bashers are just the natural response to the Flynnsanity guys who thought they knew more about the QBs on this team and knew more about personnel and coaching than Carroll. They were wrong, I think that's clear now. There were a lot of heated arguments so a little "I told you so" and digs are to be expected.

I agree, though, Flynn is a very solid backup for us. If there's a trade market for him in the offseason of any sort, I'd be fine with pursuing it, but I'm also fine keeping him around as a decent insurance policy so there isn't as big of a drop off if Wilson goes down as with most starters to their backups.