Trufant

NJHawksFan

Reaction score
The guy deserves some respect. I recall a few really nice tackles, and then that strip and recovery, and he had some pretty tight coverage on Harvin when he was assigned to him. People on .net spend a lot of time trashing him, but I say the guy has still got it.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Agreed. His play on that fumble led to keeping the game where it needed to be. It gave the D some confidence and brought the Vikes back down to earth. That particular play can't be forgotten because of its importance to the flow of the game. It was a game changer in my view.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I know. The fact that he prevented a TD and gave up an interference is really stupid. Sherman does it and everybody is riding him around like a pony. Tru does it and he's "washed up".

ivotuk

Reaction score
Great work by Trufant today. The PI was bad but in the scheme of things it didn't make nearly as much difference as his FF and recovery. Add to that, just how effective was Harvin today? Not very.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, as a 3rd CB he's a great value to the team. Maybe WTIII will move in and take his job, but it's all about the competition. :)

nategreat

Reaction score
SharkHawk":303v6r2v said:
Yeah, I know. The fact that he prevented a TD and gave up an interference is really stupid. Sherman does it and everybody is riding him around like a pony. Tru does it and he's "washed up".

U mad bro?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2ctumc8a said:
im confused , are you saying you dont like sherman?

I like them both. They are Seahawks. There seems to be this school of Hawks fans that are really into picking favorites, like you can't like the entire team. If one guy does something it's great, if another does he sucks. We've seen it throughout the QB "competition" between Wilson and Flynn and last year between T-Jack and everybody else. I'm a SEAHAWKS fan.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tru isn't the Tru of 5-7 years ago but I will always be a fan of his. He's a State of Washington native and a Coug. You all realize he's never played a home football game outside of the state in his whole life don't you? And yeah, the strip and recovery was a really big play.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CBs and QBs are the easiest players on the team to bash because when they make a mistake its the most obvious. I think thats the main reason when you look at the net.whipping boys the last few years (Herndon, Jennings, Hasselbeck, TJack, now tru) they mostly come from those positions (not counting julius jones).

I'm glad you made this thread to give him some props when he does something good, because i know everybody is all over him everytime he misses a play.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Tru was solid. The PI sucked, but I have seen Browner, Sherman and even Thomas get burned by long TDs.

The strip was a momentum shifter and he is a solid tackler.

I am waiting for the day when Thurman can take over the nickel, but he is made of glass.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1jpqdsy4 said:
CBs and QBs are the easiest players on the team to bash because when they make a mistake its the most obvious. I think thats the main reason when you look at the net.whipping boys the last few years (Herndon, Jennings, Hasselbeck, TJack, now tru) they mostly come from those positions (not counting julius jones).

I'm glad you made this thread to give him some props when he does something good, because i know everybody is all over him everytime he misses a play.
Good post J. The o-line had some brutal whiffs on blocks today and yet because there's other people around them it doesn't stand out like QB and CB does. Oh, and J. Jones was NOT good here. And don't forget the (often though not always deserved) beatings Alexander took here.

hawker84

Reaction score
trufant deserves his respect, but he's long past his prime, i think he's a weak position on this defense... he's always in place to make a big play, but never seems to do it, and this has been a problem from him for years. had some good open field tackles today , i'll give him that..... but i see him getting beat far too often, been this way for a especially afer the injuries started..... JMO

largenutz

Reaction score
Gotta love tru, just like hawkfansince day 1 said he's played all his home games his whole life, peewee, high school, college, nfl in the great state of Washington. Nuff said.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
Trufant's best days are behind him, but he cans till make plays.

The turn over he forced was a turning point in the game.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3sur2c5j said:

Actually I'd say O-lineman. When they do their job perfect, you will barely notice. When theys screw up though, it is very obvious. Sean Locklear is a great example. Horrible run blocker, but quite solid as a pass protector in 2010.

Latest posts