wow.... we held Ponder to 63 YARDS

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
wow.... we held Ponder to 63 YARDS
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:44 pm
  • Hahahhahah.

Peterson might have kicked our ass, but we just killed Ponder. Love it.

And you guys don't forget that offensive line of the Vikings is very good. They are built for run blocking. And Peterson is the Calvin Johnson of RB's. We just need to cut down on the missed tackles.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Re: wow.... we held Ponder to 63 YARDS
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:46 pm
  • passer rating of 36.8 and still every 3rd down was a heart attack
    entropyrulesall
    NET Rookie

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:47 pm
  • 20 missed tackles is crazy.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:48 pm
  • entropyrulesall wrote:passer rating of 36.8 and still every 3rd down was a heart attack

Was a heart attack for Viking fans maybe. They were 3-10 on 3rd down. Not too bad.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:48 pm
  • This was the guy that half the board went crazy that we didn't go get and "neglected the QB position". I just didn't see much from Ponder in college, aside from a pretty good second half to his senior year. He's not a guy like RW who just flat out kicked butt for 4 years. Ponder was GOOD in college. He wasn't great, but was very efficient for about 6 games and had a nice workout. He's gotten progressively worse as his NFL career has gone. Can't say that for Russell.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:53 pm
  • It was a laughable pick when he went in the mid first in 2011. At Florida State he was so limited, kept making bone head plays (since translated to the NFL) and couldn't even generate sufficient velocity on a WR screen. Today's performance shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Expect this to become a regular event for the Vikings, right up until the day they're forced to draft another R1 quarterback.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:54 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:It was a laughable pick when he went in the mid first in 2011. At Florida State he was so limited, kept making bone head plays (since translated to the NFL) and couldn't even generate sufficient velocity on a WR screen. Today's performance shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Expect this to become a regular event for the Vikings, right up until the day they're forced to draft another R1 quarterback.

I don't get why they never gave Joe Webb a shot.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:57 pm
  • Pfft, 63 yards. The Cards held him to 58. Our defense blows.

In all seriousness, I can't remember anyone who wanted to use a first round pick on Ponder. Some thought he might be a decent 2nd round choice, but that was one of the bigger WTF type picks of recent years, along with Bruce Irvin and Tyson Alualu.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:57 pm
  • We need Ponder and the Boys to knock of Detroit next week. So, hopefully, this performance will be repeated, AFTER next Sunday.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:58 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:It was a laughable pick when he went in the mid first in 2011. At Florida State he was so limited, kept making bone head plays (since translated to the NFL) and couldn't even generate sufficient velocity on a WR screen. Today's performance shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Expect this to become a regular event for the Vikings, right up until the day they're forced to draft another R1 quarterback.

Not gonna stop tooting your own horn are you? :sarcasm_off:
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:03 pm
  • entropyrulesall wrote:passer rating of 36.8 and still every 3rd down was a heart attack

Heart attack because of our history on third downs. We were good today.

As far as drafting Ponder, I watched a lot of him at Florida State. I never thought he would do as good as he has in the NFL. I really figured he would be lucky to be a back up. He seems to run hot and cold...
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:05 pm
  • Rat wrote:Pfft, 63 yards. The Cards held him to 58. Our defense blows.

In all seriousness, I can't remember anyone who wanted to use a first round pick on Ponder. Some thought he might be a decent 2nd round choice, but that was one of the bigger WTF type picks of recent years, along with Bruce Irvin and Tyson Alualu.

A whole slew of the members of this board wanted him. They were so peeved that at least one said he was going to vote for another team. Just as a member of this board said he was leaving the board and was now a Browns fan because they were "smart enough" to draft Brandon Weeden.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:08 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:
    Rat wrote:Pfft, 63 yards. The Cards held him to 58. Our defense blows.

A whole slew of the members of this board wanted him. They were so peeved that at least one said he was going to vote for another team. Just as a member of this board said he was leaving the board and was now a Browns fan because they were "smart enough" to draft Brandon Weeden.

lol
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:12 pm
  • He's real hot and cold, and when he's cold, he's scott mitchell cold. Very limited, but can be pretty lethal when he's "on". Today, he wasn't on. I thought they should've fed AP the rock more, but I'm not complaining.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:13 pm
  • I am sure glad they quit running Peterson and tried to beat us with Ponder.

I honestly don't know why.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:14 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:
    Rat wrote:Pfft, 63 yards. The Cards held him to 58. Our defense blows.

Thank god for Pete and John
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:15 pm
  • Ponder is too short, thats his problem. :sarcasm_off:
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:16 pm
  • Our secondary played well but I don't think Ponder was much of a challenge. The real challenge today, AP, kicked our butts. If their OC doesn't get amnesia at halftime and forget his running back racked up close to 200 yards in the first half who knows how many more AP gets.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information