wow.... we held Ponder to 63 YARDS

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Hahahhahah.

Peterson might have kicked our ass, but we just killed Ponder. Love it.

And you guys don't forget that offensive line of the Vikings is very good. They are built for run blocking. And Peterson is the Calvin Johnson of RB's. We just need to cut down on the missed tackles.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
This was the guy that half the board went crazy that we didn't go get and "neglected the QB position". I just didn't see much from Ponder in college, aside from a pretty good second half to his senior year. He's not a guy like RW who just flat out kicked butt for 4 years. Ponder was GOOD in college. He wasn't great, but was very efficient for about 6 games and had a nice workout. He's gotten progressively worse as his NFL career has gone. Can't say that for Russell.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
It was a laughable pick when he went in the mid first in 2011. At Florida State he was so limited, kept making bone head plays (since translated to the NFL) and couldn't even generate sufficient velocity on a WR screen. Today's performance shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Expect this to become a regular event for the Vikings, right up until the day they're forced to draft another R1 quarterback.

Throwdown

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1ywis4vs said:
It was a laughable pick when he went in the mid first in 2011. At Florida State he was so limited, kept making bone head plays (since translated to the NFL) and couldn't even generate sufficient velocity on a WR screen. Today's performance shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Expect this to become a regular event for the Vikings, right up until the day they're forced to draft another R1 quarterback.

I don't get why they never gave Joe Webb a shot.

Rat

Reaction score
Pfft, 63 yards. The Cards held him to 58. Our defense blows.

In all seriousness, I can't remember anyone who wanted to use a first round pick on Ponder. Some thought he might be a decent 2nd round choice, but that was one of the bigger WTF type picks of recent years, along with Bruce Irvin and Tyson Alualu.

pehawk

Reaction score
We need Ponder and the Boys to knock of Detroit next week. So, hopefully, this performance will be repeated, AFTER next Sunday.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":18ngvz80 said:

Not gonna stop tooting your own horn are you? :sarcasm_off:

Starrman44

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":3hiub84s said:
passer rating of 36.8 and still every 3rd down was a heart attack

Heart attack because of our history on third downs. We were good today.

As far as drafting Ponder, I watched a lot of him at Florida State. I never thought he would do as good as he has in the NFL. I really figured he would be lucky to be a back up. He seems to run hot and cold...

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Rat":ido1xwxq said:

In all seriousness, I can't remember anyone who wanted to use a first round pick on Ponder. Some thought he might be a decent 2nd round choice, but that was one of the bigger WTF type picks of recent years, along with Bruce Irvin and Tyson Alualu.

A whole slew of the members of this board wanted him. They were so peeved that at least one said he was going to vote for another team. Just as a member of this board said he was leaving the board and was now a Browns fan because they were "smart enough" to draft Brandon Weeden.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
SharkHawk":3d4okppq said:
Rat":3d4okppq said:

A whole slew of the members of this board wanted him. They were so peeved that at least one said he was going to vote for another team. Just as a member of this board said he was leaving the board and was now a Browns fan because they were "smart enough" to draft Brandon Weeden.

lol

seahawk2k

Reaction score
He's real hot and cold, and when he's cold, he's scott mitchell cold. Very limited, but can be pretty lethal when he's "on". Today, he wasn't on. I thought they should've fed AP the rock more, but I'm not complaining.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SharkHawk":hfzw1h88 said:
Rat":hfzw1h88 said:

Thank god for Pete and John

hawk45

Reaction score
Our secondary played well but I don't think Ponder was much of a challenge. The real challenge today, AP, kicked our butts. If their OC doesn't get amnesia at halftime and forget his running back racked up close to 200 yards in the first half who knows how many more AP gets.