Russell Wilson

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
That's the Flynnites not visiting the board for the rest of the week then.

Great performance by Wilson today and further evidence to a.) why he won this gig and b.) why starting and learning the ropes is the best thing for him. What we're seeing now is just the start.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":8znfnd2h said:
you can tell he is destine for greatness just by looking into his eyes. his " death eyes" .

we all can see that he has "it" .
This.
And he eats, sleeps and breathes football on top of it.

Gifted1

Reaction score
That pump fake scramble in the fourth was incredible. Love me some RW!

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
Joey13091":31svensj said:
Only thing I notice is he throws a little high sometimes. He has improved tremendously in the pocket. I think we finally got ourselves a franchise qb. Also he is young right now. Imagine what he will be doing in a couple years.

maybe at the beginning of the year but i only counted one high pass today... although some of his passes are too high to allow much YAC. His progress from the beginning of the year is simply astounding

HawkWow

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":xu09vkxm said:
Flynn who?

You must have a team of writers behind you! "Flynn who"?

You should turn this little nugget into a song....or a dance! Call it the "Flynn who"?!

Let me suggest a few lyrics:

So far out, so far out, so far out...do the "Flynn who" baby..so far out, so far out, so far out, do the "Flynn who" baby.

Back to the comedy genius that is you, sir.

sutz

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":szt085e5 said:
you can tell he is destine for greatness just by looking into his eyes. his " death eyes" .

we all can see that he has "it" .
I was thinking that after the GB game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I thought this was his most complete game by far. That first touchdown throw was gorgeous.

Very good game from Russ today.

sutz

Reaction score
hawksfan515":itnm2npv said:
hawksfansinceday1":itnm2npv said:
Russ will be the best QB the Seahawks have ever had by the 3rd season in his career.

Wait he isn't already???
Well, on the post game show they said he's already the best QB we've ever drafted. :)

HawkWow

Reaction score
Largent80":gw6jo4ss said:
He is...going to be the best QB in Seahawk history.

Gawd, let's hope so. I believe we've drafted 19 bad ones. Odds are heavily in his/our favor. He looks so fluid and comfortable that you almost have to think Pete wasted too much time "easing him into the position". The kid is a natural.

Donk70

Reaction score
This kid is something special.

I think we can all agree when I say "finally"

scifly

Reaction score
That pump fake during the scramble for a 1st was quite buttery. Good job rook.

652cHAWK

Reaction score
Wilson was superb today, just so much fun to watch that performance. No turnovers, fantastic pocket presence, some nice runs, and those passes were, for the most part, spot on. Bravo!

hawksfan515

Reaction score
3rd and 7, with under 2 minutes to go in the 1st half. Hawks needed some points as they were behind (I think?) to the Vikings.

Russell takes the snap, must have been good coverage downfield. Pocket starts breaking down from all angles. He can't step up, so he has to bounce out of the pocket to his right. The D-line starts chasing him, and with 2 D-lineman on his ass, RW throws the ball a yard out of bounds to where only Doug Baldwin can get it, making it a manageable 4th and 1, which Russell converts on a QB sneak.

That was a magnificent play. I thought he was sacked for sure.

JKent82

Reaction score
The first touchdown to Tate stood out to me. Made a read over the middle, looked to Sidney left, sensed pressure and fired across to Tate going to the right corner. Just beautiful to watch a rookie do that.

His ability to avoid pressure and keep his eyes up were phenomenal today. Gotta love it.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
JKent82":5g91vhst said:
The first touchdown to Tate stood out to me. Made a read over the middle, looked to Sidney left, sensed pressure and fired across to Tate going to the right corner. Just beautiful to watch a rookie do that.

His ability to avoid pressure and keep his eyes up were phenomenal today. Gotta love it.

RG3 wouldn't be able to do that, as he struggles to progress from his first read. He probably would've ran it and the media would've still circle jerked all over him even if he didn't make it.