Hey.... Just look at this box score.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Hey.... Just look at this box score.
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:56 pm
  • Disregard the rushing column for the Vikings ;)

    http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321104026

    We had 28 total first downs. Wow.

    Only 1 sack, go Okung!

    We went into the redzone 6 times. We came away with points 4 times.

    We were +2 in the turnover battle

    We finally had a game we put away before the last drive! Yes!

    Only 4 penalties for 49 yards

    Percy Harvin only had 2 catches.

    Bruce Irvin got a half sack and 2 QB hits!!!!!! YEAH!

    We held Ponder to 2.0 yards per attempt.... HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA

    Earl Thomas dropped another INT....... :(

    Had the same number of drives as the Vikings (10) but had 71 total plays (compared to 53), for an average of 7.1 plays per drive.

    Bobby Wagner got 10 tackles, 5 solo, a sack, a TFL, and a QB hit. Is he a serious contender for DROY?

    Sidney Rice got a perfect QBR of 100.0 lol

    You guys notice anything?
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5235
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Hey.... Just look at this box score.
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:06 pm
  • Adrian Peterson has made a lot of defenses look bad. He's insanely talented. Future HOF for sure
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 5424
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: Hey.... Just look at this box score.
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:07 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:Adrian Peterson has made a lot of defenses look bad. He's insanely talented. Future HOF for sure


    his O-line is nothing to sneeze at as well.
    User avatar
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5235
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Hey.... Just look at this box score.
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:07 pm
  • ugggh, 243 rushing for them, 195 for us... and both teams have good rushing defense reputations...

    RW3 was the difference today, modest 173 yards but 3 TD 0 Int
    entropyrulesall
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 286
    Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:00 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: Hey.... Just look at this box score.
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:29 pm
  • Peterson should have 30 carries. Instead, he got 17. Thank you Leslie Frazier. Different game if they just stay with the run game instead of relying on Ponder. Peterson only had 5 carries in the 2nd half and they were only down a score for most of that!

    Wilson was outstanding. If you have one word to describe Wilson it would be efficient ... exactly what Carroll wants from his QB.
    User avatar
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 377
    Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:53 pm


Re: Hey.... Just look at this box score.
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:35 pm
  • marymoorhawk wrote:Peterson should have 30 carries. Instead, he got 17. Thank you Leslie Frazier. Different game if they just stay with the run game instead of relying on Ponder. Peterson only had 5 carries in the 2nd half and they were only down a score for most of that!

    Wilson was outstanding. If you have one word to describe Wilson it would be efficient ... exactly what Carroll wants from his QB.

    Really good points here man. I think it "could have" been a different game if Frazier feeds the ball to AP more though because in fairness the Hawks came out tougher in the 2nd half. I'm sure they were embarrased by their first half performance vs. the run, and well they should have been.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    ImageImage

    Proud member of the 38 club
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12808
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Hey.... Just look at this box score.
Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:02 pm
  • I seem to recall the 5 carries he had in the second half working pretty well too. Frazier Bevell'd it this game.
    User avatar
    sturg78
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1325
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm


Re: Hey.... Just look at this box score.
Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:38 pm
  • Peterson has been hurt and seemed to get hurt again in the third quarter. He was sitting on the bench a lot looking none too comfortable. It occurred before Harvin's injury.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


Re: Hey.... Just look at this box score.
Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:42 pm
  • Aside from the tackles Wagner had, he actually played a pretty poor game. Many of APs runs came when Wagner over-pursuited the hole and AP went right where Wagner should have been.
    User avatar
    FargoHawk
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 816
    Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:02 am


Re: Hey.... Just look at this box score.
Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:47 pm
  • entropyrulesall wrote:ugggh, 243 rushing for them, 195 for us... and both teams have good rushing defense reputations...

    We did hold the Vikings to 46 rushing yards in the second half, though.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 6888
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: Hey.... Just look at this box score.
Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:15 pm
  • Yep...the best way to take a killer RB out of the game is to generate an offense of your own. The lack of offense last week is what pissed ET off. Score points and these details take care of themselves. Not many backs like AP (ever) and experience is hard to teach. We will continue to make adjustments and our young guns are growing every week.
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6263
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: Hey.... Just look at this box score.
Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:01 pm
  • HawkWow wrote:Yep...the best way to take a killer RB out of the game is to generate an offense of your own. The lack of offense last week is what pissed ET off. Score points and these details take care of themselves. Not many backs like AP (ever) and experience is hard to teach. We will continue to make adjustments and our young guns are growing every week.

    Lack of offense last week?
    User avatar
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7337
    Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am


Re: Hey.... Just look at this box score.
Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:22 pm
  • Our run defense isn't as good as last year's, but AP makes a lot of guys look bad. We had something like 20 missed tackles in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

    They quit running AP in the 2nd half since he wasn't effective. He had one good run of like 22 yards, after that, next biggest one I saw was for 3. Had two negative runs and was stuffed twice that I saw.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3870
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: Hey.... Just look at this box score.
Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:37 pm
  • Hawks46 wrote:
    They quit running AP in the 2nd half since he wasn't effective. He had one good run of like 22 yards, after that, next biggest one I saw was for 3. Had two negative runs and was stuffed twice that I saw.


    5 carries isn't enough, period. If I was a Vikes fan I would pissed. He broke off a ton of great runs. The reason you get him more carries is because you never know when he might break the next one ... the 6th carry might be the one. Better than putting the game in Ponder, a half speed Percy Harvin and a bunch of non-effective WR's hands. Especially when you were only down 3 a good chunk of the 2nd half. That was some horrible coaching by Minnesota.
    User avatar
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 377
    Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:53 pm


Re: Hey.... Just look at this box score.
Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:17 pm
  • One of those redzone drives was at the end when we were running out the clock too. So really we scored on 4 out of 5.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11944
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Hey.... Just look at this box score.
Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:22 pm
  • sturg78 wrote:I seem to recall the 5 carries he had in the second half working pretty well too. Frazier Bevell'd it this game.


    Minny only ran 19 total offensive plays in the second half.
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    User avatar
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 2000
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:00 am
    Location: Puyallup




It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information