Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Russell Wilson

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:12 pm
  • Pretty good today, I'd give him an A for the game even though his numbers weren't that eye popping.

    I knew he was going to get that 2nd TD to Rice, I could feel it, felt like TD here.

    His first TD was a ridiculously accurate throw, my God watch the replays.

    Man is a stud.

    As for our run defense... eh.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4425
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Myrtle Beach Hawk, Go Gators!


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:14 pm
  • RW3 passer rating of 129.3, 3 TD 0 Int

    nuff said

    and agreed, run defense up the middle is worrysome. teams are attacking us there with success so we need to tweak.

    no complaints otherwise
    entropyrulesall
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 316
    Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:00 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:15 pm
  • Jason Jones was hurt and so was KJ Wright.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
    Location: Naples, FL


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:15 pm
  • entropyrulesall wrote:RW3 passer rating of 129.3, 3 TD 0 Int

    nuff said

    and agreed, run defense up the middle is worrysome. teams are attacking us there with success so we need to tweak.

    no complaints otherwise

    I'm still thinking LB. Wagner's a rook and KJ went out early today. But yeah, needs work.
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15871
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:16 pm
  • I think a couple screens were counted as Tate runs because the throw was backwards. 4 drops early in the game. Wilson was awesome today.
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 814
    Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:35 pm
    Location: Canby, OR


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:18 pm
  • Unlike the NUMBERs or qba on losing teams u can not judge RW by his stats. His stats are directy related to the plays called and the situation of the game. This QB i special and and has finally given Seattle a QB for the long haul.
    rainger
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2023
    Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:32 am
    Location: Victoria BC or my Galactic Stonghold on Nar Shaddaa


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:19 pm
  • Outstanding play by Wilson today. Again plagued by drops, and we led through most of the second half, or his numbers would have been a lot more eye-popping. Dude is now 13/8 TD/INT on the season, which is damned good for really anyone, especially a rookie. He's improved every game we've seen, and he had some stellar throws today, along with some very smart plays.

    I've been riding shotgun on the Wilson bandwagon since day one, but this game might have tipped the scales in favor of me finally springing for a #3 jersey. Dude is simply amazing!
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 22433
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: California via Negros Occidental, Philippines


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:21 pm
  • I have a total man crush on him.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24089
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:21 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:Outstanding play by Wilson today. Again plagued by drops, and we led through most of the second half, or his numbers would have been a lot more eye-popping. Dude is now 13/8 TD/INT on the season, which is damned good for really anyone, especially a rookie. He's improved every game we've seen, and he had some stellar throws today, along with some very smart plays.

    I've been riding shotgun on the Wilson bandwagon since day one, but this game might have tipped the scales in favor of me finally springing for a #3 jersey. Dude is simply amazing!

    Why would you buy a Josh Brown jersey at this late date?

    Oh wait......

    :laugh:
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15871
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:23 pm
  • rainger wrote:Unlike the NUMBERs or qba on losing teams u can not judge RW by his stats. His stats are directy related to the plays called and the situation of the game. This QB i special and and has finally given Seattle a QB for the long haul.


    agreed, numbers can't quantify RW3 greatness. I loved that fake handoff PA rollout in the 4th... fooled the LB and still made the 3rd down conversion
    entropyrulesall
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 316
    Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:00 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:25 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I have a total man crush on him.



    You been had a man crush bro.I finally saw the light in the KC preseason and havent looked back,totally love this kid!
    VHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
    Location: Naples, FL


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:25 pm
  • he makes me very happy about our qb position
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1024
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:27 pm
  • is it too early to say "I told you so"? :141847_bnono:
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2370
    Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 pm


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:28 pm
  • Russ will be the best QB the Seahawks have ever had by the 3rd season in his career.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 20863
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:30 pm
  • has a 100.9 QBR over his last 4 games now.
    And an eye-watering 120.1 QBR at CLink
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3419
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:30 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Russ will be the best QB the Seahawks have ever had by the 3rd season in his career.


    Totally agree,this kid is special.Alot of players on this team will be elite Hawks when all is said and done.
    VHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2524
    Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:44 am
    Location: Naples, FL


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:32 pm
  • Flynn who?
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3518
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:33 pm
  • Chukarhawk wrote:is it too early to say "I told you so"? :141847_bnono:


    Nope, not at all.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3518
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:33 pm
  • Only thing I notice is he throws a little high sometimes. He has improved tremendously in the pocket. I think we finally got ourselves a franchise qb. Also he is young right now. Imagine what he will be doing in a couple years.
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 875
    Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:13 pm


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:33 pm
  • you can tell he is destine for greatness just by looking into his eyes. his " death eyes" .

    we all can see that he has "it" .
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1024
    Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:35 pm
  • That's the Flynnites not visiting the board for the rest of the week then.

    Great performance by Wilson today and further evidence to a.) why he won this gig and b.) why starting and learning the ropes is the best thing for him. What we're seeing now is just the start.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 9977
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:35 pm
  • EastCoastHawksFan wrote:you can tell he is destine for greatness just by looking into his eyes. his " death eyes" .

    we all can see that he has "it" .

    This.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    And he eats, sleeps and breathes football on top of it.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 20863
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:43 pm
  • That pump fake scramble in the fourth was incredible. Love me some RW!
    Gifted1
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 35
    Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:52 pm


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:43 pm
  • Joey13091 wrote:Only thing I notice is he throws a little high sometimes. He has improved tremendously in the pocket. I think we finally got ourselves a franchise qb. Also he is young right now. Imagine what he will be doing in a couple years.


    maybe at the beginning of the year but i only counted one high pass today... although some of his passes are too high to allow much YAC. His progress from the beginning of the year is simply astounding
    entropyrulesall
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 316
    Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:00 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:47 pm
  • He is...going to be the best QB in Seahawk history.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 33673
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:53 pm
  • T-Sizzle wrote:Flynn who?



    You must have a team of writers behind you! "Flynn who"?

    You should turn this little nugget into a song....or a dance! Call it the "Flynn who"?!

    Let me suggest a few lyrics:

    So far out, so far out, so far out...do the "Flynn who" baby..so far out, so far out, so far out, do the "Flynn who" baby.

    Back to the comedy genius that is you, sir.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6740
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:59 pm
  • EastCoastHawksFan wrote:you can tell he is destine for greatness just by looking into his eyes. his " death eyes" .

    we all can see that he has "it" .

    I was thinking that after the GB game.
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15871
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:59 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Russ will be the best QB the Seahawks have ever had by the 3rd season in his career.


    Wait he isn't already???
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5369
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:00 pm
  • I thought this was his most complete game by far. That first touchdown throw was gorgeous.

    Very good game from Russ today.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11388
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:00 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:He is...going to be the best QB in Seahawk history.


    He is going to bring us our first Superbowl.
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3518
    Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:02 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Russ will be the best QB the Seahawks have ever had by the 3rd season in his career.


    Wait he isn't already???

    Well, on the post game show they said he's already the best QB we've ever drafted. :)
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15871
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:05 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:He is...going to be the best QB in Seahawk history.



    Gawd, let's hope so. I believe we've drafted 19 bad ones. Odds are heavily in his/our favor. He looks so fluid and comfortable that you almost have to think Pete wasted too much time "easing him into the position". The kid is a natural.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6740
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:12 pm
  • This kid is something special.

    I think we can all agree when I say "finally"
    Donk70
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2108
    Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:44 am
    Location: Ohio


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:13 pm
  • I have Wood for Wilson.....My Fiance doesn't know....shhhhhhhh
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 33673
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:24 pm
  • That pump fake during the scramble for a 1st was quite buttery. Good job rook.
    scifly
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 152
    Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:56 pm


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:37 pm
  • Wilson was superb today, just so much fun to watch that performance. No turnovers, fantastic pocket presence, some nice runs, and those passes were, for the most part, spot on. Bravo!
    652cHAWK
    *Hawk Junk Junkie*
     
    Posts: 883
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:20 am


  • 3rd and 7, with under 2 minutes to go in the 1st half. Hawks needed some points as they were behind (I think?) to the Vikings.

    Russell takes the snap, must have been good coverage downfield. Pocket starts breaking down from all angles. He can't step up, so he has to bounce out of the pocket to his right. The D-line starts chasing him, and with 2 D-lineman on his ass, RW throws the ball a yard out of bounds to where only Doug Baldwin can get it, making it a manageable 4th and 1, which Russell converts on a QB sneak.

    That was a magnificent play. I thought he was sacked for sure.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5369
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:53 pm
  • Great game by Russell today!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 12767
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:57 pm
  • The first touchdown to Tate stood out to me. Made a read over the middle, looked to Sidney left, sensed pressure and fired across to Tate going to the right corner. Just beautiful to watch a rookie do that.

    His ability to avoid pressure and keep his eyes up were phenomenal today. Gotta love it.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3041
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:06 pm
  • JKent82 wrote:The first touchdown to Tate stood out to me. Made a read over the middle, looked to Sidney left, sensed pressure and fired across to Tate going to the right corner. Just beautiful to watch a rookie do that.

    His ability to avoid pressure and keep his eyes up were phenomenal today. Gotta love it.



    RG3 wouldn't be able to do that, as he struggles to progress from his first read. He probably would've ran it and the media would've still circle jerked all over him even if he didn't make it.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5369
    Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, Washington


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 pm
  • T-Sizzle wrote:Flynn who?

    The guy who wears the SEAHAWKS uniform, Matt Flynn, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS BACKUP QUARTERBACK (Thank GOD), you know, the UN-T-Jack, suck it up T-Fizzle.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6705
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:10 pm
  • Steve Myer
    Chris Rowland
    Sam Adkins
    John Conner
    David Norrie
    Sammy Garza
    John Gromos
    Dan McGuire
    Rick Mirer
    Brock Huard
    Josh Booty
    Jeff Kelly
    Seneca Wallace
    David Greene
    Mike Teel
    Russell Wilson
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 22433
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: California via Negros Occidental, Philippines


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:32 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:Steve Myer
    Chris Rowland
    Sam Adkins
    John Conner
    David Norrie
    Sammy Garza
    John Gromos
    Dan McGuire
    Rick Mirer
    Brock Huard
    Josh Booty
    Jeff Kelly
    Seneca Wallace
    David Greene
    Mike Teel
    Russell Wilson


    One of these things is not like the others ....
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *
     
    Posts: 3428
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:34 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    JKent82 wrote:The first touchdown to Tate stood out to me. Made a read over the middle, looked to Sidney left, sensed pressure and fired across to Tate going to the right corner. Just beautiful to watch a rookie do that.

    His ability to avoid pressure and keep his eyes up were phenomenal today. Gotta love it.



    RG3 wouldn't be able to do that, as he struggles to progress from his first read. He probably would've ran it and the media would've still circle jerked all over him even if he didn't make it.


    I happen to LIKE RG3... But not as much as love lil Russ! :D
    JKent82
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3041
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:13 pm


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:41 pm
  • He is our QB for a couple years at least. Have seen the improvement all season. Can't say enough.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3253
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:16 pm
    Location: Hamilton


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:42 pm
  • For the first time since I've been a Seahawks fan, (birth in 78) there's no other QB I'd rather have on our team than the one we have!!!
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3512
    Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:09 am
    Location: Omaha, NE


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:57 pm
  • I was an early convert since his last season at Wisconsin, since my bro is an Alumni. Watching he progression this season has been great. The best is yet to come I think. The hard part is going to come in the off season when Pete is going to have to make some tough decisions about his current receiving corps. Too many dropped passes so late in the season and in critical situations. Wilson needs a better supporting cast at this point.
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3322
    Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 am


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:16 pm
  • That double DE sack he took late sure seemed like he was going to be down for awhile. I wouldn't pooh-pooh Flynn just yet. Good thing Wilson isn't a very tall QB ... smile.

    That and those QB sneaks, that happened to put Hasselbeck and T-Jack into poor health the past few years. Makes no sense to risk your starter with those calls. But I gather there is a method to the madness.
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
     
    Posts: 10682
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:33 am
    Location: Kent, Washington


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:21 pm
  • Liz Mathews 710 ESPN ‏@Liz_Mathews
    #Seahawks Russell Wilson's 13th TD pass sets new franchise rookie record, while Ponder threw for third lowest pass yardage of his career.


    Just under half of the season to play, and Wilson already has the franchise rookie record for TD passes. Wow.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 22433
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: California via Negros Occidental, Philippines


Re: Russell Wilson
Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:26 pm
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    Liz Mathews 710 ESPN ‏@Liz_Mathews
    #Seahawks Russell Wilson's 13th TD pass sets new franchise rookie record, while Ponder threw for third lowest pass yardage of his career.


    Just under half of the season to play, and Wilson already has the franchise rookie record for TD passes. Wow.


    Testament to how awful we've been at drafting QB's as a franchise
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11388
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Next


It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online