Regarding new rules...Which one do you dislike?

Largent80

Reaction score
I hate the new kickoff rule.

Most of them are out of the endzone and it takes away one of the most exciting plays in the games.

Erebus

Reaction score
I hate that you don't have to snap the ball on a field goal before the play clock expires. I don't understand that rule.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
5 yards contact rule, I think the press coverage should be allowed up to 10 yards with so much spread 5 WR offenses.

Kick off rule sucks too.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
I read an article about how to advance the game... one idea that i liked was to eliminate Pass Interference but also eliminate Offensive Holding. I think it would be a pretty cool evolution... safety be damned... :lol:

ensett

Reaction score
replay on scoring plays and change of possession. Is this not what challenges are for?

Reaction score
I'd love it if we had the ability to challenge Flags that would be great.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
ensett":304hmphz said:
replay on scoring plays and change of possession. Is this not what challenges are for?

The NFL knows they had a problem here. They've GOT to get scoring plays right. Without question. It impacts the integrity of the game. Same with turnovers. Coaches should be able to save challenges for other things, like sideline plays and whether a catch was really made (this is where they were used the majority of the time anyway). It is the NFL's job to make sure their refs get scoring calls right. That's not the coaches job I think. So I like this one personally.

JKent82

Reaction score
SharkHawk":23g8d1t2 said:
ensett":23g8d1t2 said:

The NFL knows they had a problem here. They've GOT to get scoring plays right. Without question. It impacts the integrity of the game. Same with turnovers. Coaches should be able to save challenges for other things, like sideline plays and whether a catch was really made (this is where they were used the majority of the time anyway). It is the NFL's job to make sure their refs get scoring calls right. That's not the coaches job I think. So I like this one personally.

I just think Coachs should be able to throw a flag still. (Maybe they are, I know I've seen timeouts called to make sure it gets looked at a lot). I don't trust anybody in a booth making decisions.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
The kickoff rule definitly helped us today lol but I agree with you. I for one hate the fact that all touchdowns are reviewable except petersons 2nd touchdown today was not reviewed!

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
How about giving a team enough time to view a replay to determine if a challenge should be made?

Teams can just no huddle and snap the ball before a replay is available, this can cause coaches to throw the red flag too quickly or not at all......Don't like it.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Happypuppy":b2svrth0 said:
+1 on the kickoff rule. Don't like it

+2

And I think it really negates the excitement of having those rare great returners such as what L. Washington and D. Hester have done over the past few years.

Chapow

Reaction score
I don't like the new rule where people can't post pictures of nekkid chicks in the shack.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Of course the new kickoff line.

I also hate the new "defensive back HAS to turn around" rule. Trufant's PI yesterday is a perfect example........ball was underthrown, and it's his fault cause he didn't turn around.

If the DB doesn't turn around and interferes, fine. But if the ball hits him in the back of the head cause it's such a horrible pass? Not PI.

mikeak

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1x8gd8iw said:
Erebus":1x8gd8iw said:
I hate that you don't have to snap the ball on a field goal before the play clock expires. I don't understand that rule.
I hate that this can't be challanged. What a crock.

I don't understand how every scoring play is reviewed and that part is apparently not reviewed.......

Hamhawk

Reaction score
I can remember that with the old kickoff rules, and our old friend Josh Brown Booming the ball maybe to the 10yd line, we usually started defense with the opponent between the 30 and 40,...still I like the excitment of kickoff return plays and wish we still had them,...

wormy1077

Reaction score
I don't like the automatic review of turnovers. I think coaches should have to make the call. I understand wanting the refs to get it right. But if you want the refs to get it right, why not open it up to everything that is objectionable by the refs. PI calls, sideline catches, why not just review everything. They review everything short of penalties in college. It doesn't seem to add much time to the game.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Because a turnover is not a judgment call. It either is or isn't. You can't challenge PI because it's a judgment call. This is why the clock issue from yesterday should be able to be challenged. It's not a judgment call. It's a blown call, plain and simple and can easily be reviewed. Somebody was asleep at the wheel. Farwell was leaping and signaling that time had expired to the ref a full 2 seconds before the kick to no avail.