Notre Dame

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Good news for Duck fans, the Irish are losing to Pitt in the 4th quarter, 20-12. Of course, they just got helped out by a bogus pass interference call on a 4th down to give them a 1st & goal that they turned into a TD.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Not worried about Notre Dame. Even if they win today, as long as the Ducks take care of USC we should move ahead of them. They were only ahead of us by 0.001 in the BCS.

Really though, i think Notre Dame is a pretty average team. Got bailed out by the officiating against Stanford, and again today. If they dont lose today they'll probably lose to USC.

A little bit worried about Kansas State, but not worried about ND at all.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Truly horrible clock management on that last drive is going to give ND the ball back with decent field position and 3 minutes remaining.

pehawk

Reaction score
Odd, I'm finding myself rooting for the Fighting Irish.

Tie game.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":11j6h3jd said:
Odd, I'm finding myself rooting for the Fighting Irish.

Tie game.

Me too. Cuz i'd love to kick their ass in the title game if by some miracle Alabama loses.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Fuhget Notre Dame. The Duke basketball (minus winning) of college football. I like coach K, I can't stand ND

SharkHawk

Reaction score
They are the absolute worst team I've seen ranked this high this late in the season. They show what's wrong with the BCS. They are one bad call away from losing to both BYU and Pitt of all teams, yet they are ranked 3rd? Isn't Oregon below them in the BCS rankings? As it stands now, Notre Dame can theoretically lose a game and still play for the national title over some other teams that could go undefeated. What a joke. Do they get special Notre Dame points and that's the big secret in the computer formula?

sturg78

Reaction score
Too bad computers don't take scores into account, they looked bad. Not near the #3 team in the country. Ducks, on the other hand...

SharkHawk

Reaction score
They don't even look like a #30 team. I believe score is taken into account. They just stop at 28 now. So if you win by 100, then it logs it as winning by 28, so that winning margin is the same for every team on a scale from 1-28.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
SharkHawk":10bvhoyi said:
They are the absolute worst team I've seen ranked this high this late in the season. They show what's wrong with the BCS. They are one bad call away from losing to both BYU and Pitt of all teams, yet they are ranked 3rd? Isn't Oregon below them in the BCS rankings? As it stands now, Notre Dame can theoretically lose a game and still play for the national title over some other teams that could go undefeated. What a joke. Do they get special Notre Dame points and that's the big secret in the computer formula?

Gotta agree. And don't the human rankings factor in as well?