Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:30 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Good news for Duck fans, the Irish are losing to Pitt in the 4th quarter, 20-12. Of course, they just got helped out by a bogus pass interference call on a 4th down to give them a 1st & goal that they turned into a TD.

Post subject: Re: Notre Dame
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:41 pm 
* NET Moderator *

Not worried about Notre Dame. Even if they win today, as long as the Ducks take care of USC we should move ahead of them. They were only ahead of us by 0.001 in the BCS.

Really though, i think Notre Dame is a pretty average team. Got bailed out by the officiating against Stanford, and again today. If they dont lose today they'll probably lose to USC.

A little bit worried about Kansas State, but not worried about ND at all.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:53 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Truly horrible clock management on that last drive is going to give ND the ball back with decent field position and 3 minutes remaining.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:58 pm 
* Report Button *

Odd, I'm finding myself rooting for the Fighting Irish.

Tie game.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:00 pm 
* NET Moderator *

pehawk wrote:
Odd, I'm finding myself rooting for the Fighting Irish.

Tie game.

Me too. Cuz i'd love to kick their ass in the title game if by some miracle Alabama loses.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:01 pm 
NET Veteran

Fuhget Notre Dame. The Duke basketball (minus winning) of college football. I like coach K, I can't stand ND

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:38 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Damn, both teams are shooting themselves in the foot in OT.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:08 pm 
* NET Alumni *

They are the absolute worst team I've seen ranked this high this late in the season. They show what's wrong with the BCS. They are one bad call away from losing to both BYU and Pitt of all teams, yet they are ranked 3rd? Isn't Oregon below them in the BCS rankings? As it stands now, Notre Dame can theoretically lose a game and still play for the national title over some other teams that could go undefeated. What a joke. Do they get special Notre Dame points and that's the big secret in the computer formula?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:11 pm 
NET Veteran

Too bad computers don't take scores into account, they looked bad. Not near the #3 team in the country. Ducks, on the other hand...

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:15 pm 
* NET Alumni *

They don't even look like a #30 team. I believe score is taken into account. They just stop at 28 now. So if you win by 100, then it logs it as winning by 28, so that winning margin is the same for every team on a scale from 1-28.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:19 pm 
NET Veteran

SharkHawk wrote:
They are the absolute worst team I've seen ranked this high this late in the season. They show what's wrong with the BCS. They are one bad call away from losing to both BYU and Pitt of all teams, yet they are ranked 3rd? Isn't Oregon below them in the BCS rankings? As it stands now, Notre Dame can theoretically lose a game and still play for the national title over some other teams that could go undefeated. What a joke. Do they get special Notre Dame points and that's the big secret in the computer formula?

Gotta agree. And don't the human rankings factor in as well?

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]