This team isn't ready for anything.......

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • This was a hilarious read. I didn't realize that everyone was serious till about a page and a half in. Thought it was some kind of tongue in cheek vaudevillian routine designed to mock the reactionary fan. But nope, people actually resort to that instant, reactionary, negativity drenched rhetorical tropes after a close loss on the road to a playoff team last year.

The Seahawks lost, alright, move on to the next game. This thread is littered with the same people that post "Love the Hawks! Got a special feeling this year! Anybody else feel like we can beat anybody right now?" after big wins. I know its the plight of the sports fan to be irrational, reactionary and nonsensical, but at some point, reason has to win out.

2003, the Seahawks went undefeated at home, and 2-6 on the road. 4 of those 6 losses were absolutely excruciating. Against the Bengals, on the drive to tie the game, you had the ball bounce off Darrell Jackson's helmet and into the arms of a Bengal defender to ice the game. Against the Redskins, the Hawks are up 14-3, Damien Robinson picks off a pass, but fumbles it out of the end zone costing the Seahawks seven points and starting a chain of events that was just weird. Do we all remember the Baltimore game? 41-24 with 8 minutes left? How about Bobby Engram being tackled by the back judge as he's racing to catch the game winning touchdown pass against the Rams?

If there ever was a time for threads like this, bemoaning the fact that the Seahawks were never winning another game. That they'd finish at best 7-9 and all that crap. It was that year. And this board was an absolute wreck of "What if" threads, "God hates the Seahawks" and "Our receivers suck" threads, but I never saw fans bail on the season like I read after every loss this year. It's silly and embarassing.

Oh yeah, the Hawks ended up growing up, going 10-6 and playing an absolute classic against the Packers in the first round which would've been a victory if Alex Bannister had run a slant instead of a hook. Chill out.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

• Oh hyperbole how I love you so.
    Navyhawkfan187
    NET Veteran

• I haven't been around long enough on here to even know if ppl are serious. However, we have 8 games left, 5 of them at home. No reason to believe 9 or 10 wins isn't a realistic expectation. I think they're going 8-0 at home, and will win one on the road. I just refuse to give up on the team and/or just assume they won't make a run here, I don't see the use in it. IF they lose a home game, we're looking at 9-7, best case imo.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote::240039:
    Obligatory Chicken Little post, I assume. Carry on, then. Eeyore approves.

Why do you have to call people names? Nobody is calling you a Homer when you post.

It would be deserved if the tone of the thread was "We're likely going to win the rest of our games, I don't see who we're going to lose to."
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• BlueTalon wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote::240039:
    Obligatory Chicken Little post, I assume. Carry on, then. Eeyore approves.

Why do you have to call people names? Nobody is calling you a Homer when you post.

It would be deserved if the tone of the thread was "We're likely going to win the rest of our games, I don't see who we're going to lose to."

You mean like in the beginning of the season when Kearly thought we could legitimately go undefeated all year?
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• Holy Crap! What a bunch of Negative Nancys. I couldn't read past the 2nd page. No wonder the Seattle fan base is so fair weathered. It's embarrassing to say the least. :141847_bnono:
    Last edited by Seahwkgal on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Shoot, just listen to either of the local stations after a loss. The SAME ppl who are talking playoffs, how great the team is etc. after a win......are acting like the world has come to an end the very next week if they lose.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• sutz wrote:Love the "I'm a lifelong fan!" followed closely by the "I'm outa here!" statements.

:laugh:

Beautiful!

Fans are a different breed when they aren't happy. Win and we are a dynasty. Lose and we are worse than a pop warner team. It's a fine balance. If you don't get too wound up you are accused of settling for mediocre performances. Get too wound up and you say things you regret later. Guess it's that whole thing of show me a good loser and I show you a loser.

We all want to be bad winners. But we stink half the time. :thirishdrinkers:
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Reading an overreaction thread five days later makes me sick to my stomach. Pessimist fans remind me of annoying hippies who whine and complain about policies and government, but don't do anything to make the situation better.

I prefer hearing delusional homers over whining pessimists anyday.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

• Nancies.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• Hawken-Dazs wrote:Reading an overreaction thread five days later makes me sick to my stomach. Pessimist fans remind me of annoying hippies who whine and complain about policies and government, but don't do anything to make the situation better.

I prefer hearing delusional homers over whining pessimists anyday.

I don't know. Pessimist fans come out of the woodwork after a loss, but they can just as easily be cheered up.

delusional homers ruin the board for me, however, because anytime you try to have any critical analysis of the team or individual players they get all rabid and fanboy and attack the poster and make intelligent debate impossible. Said intelligent debate being my whole reason for wanting to come here, I find them even worse.

At least the pessimists want to find reasons to cheer. the delusional homers just want to outshout anything they don't want to hear.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• what are you people talking about? We have Russell Wilson! He told god to only make him 5'10 so the other team would have a chance ! C'mon we are starting a dynasty here ! ALL IN YO ! :179422:
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

• Zebulon Dak wrote:Nancies.

Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Seahwkgal wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:Nancies.

Nancys? I dunno. Help me.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *