This team isn't ready for anything.......

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1a50po9l said:
Seahawk Sailor":1a50po9l said:
:240039:

Obligatory Chicken Little post, I assume. Carry on, then. Eeyore approves.

Why do you have to call people names? Nobody is calling you a Homer when you post.

Hehe. Why do you ask why? Nobody is calling you a pill when you post. :stirthepot:

JonRud

Reaction score
Apologies to the poster above but I do not see this team going 6-2. Every game is close, down to the wire [except Dal]. If we can't get some easy wins...it's too much to hope we are going to pull all of these games out last minute.

I am so disappointed today...because I thought we would finally break through with a good road win and the defense collapsed. Sorry to be pessimistic but I think our playoff chances flew out the window today too. I know everyone just assumes every home game is a win, but this team is not good enough right now to just automatically assume that.

I can see us going 4-1 at home, 1-2 on the road...and finishing 9-7...which may not be enough to make the playoffs. I don't think we do better than that.

On a positive note - great to see Wilson getting better as the season goes on.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
This D should have hit them in the mouth on that last drive..very disappointed with the coaching staff on that loss. :141847_bnono:

We are looking at a team that has not been beat down by anyone this year. I really don’t mind losses like these. If they were getting their butts handed to them it would be another thing. They are still inconsistent, but it was great to see the Offense step it up. The next step for this young team is not far away, though they are likely a 9-7 team this year.

It’s hard for me to continue to bust a lung for them at home when they can't seem to win without the 12 man. BUT..I will :th2thumbs:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":cgdxj6mu said:
0-3 in the division. .500 team and very average. bad on the road. losing to a 2 win Lions team.

Pathetic. call me mr. pessimist... Season Over.

go TEXANS!!!!

No one's calling this post out? Seriously? Some "fanatik". Enjoy the Houston frontrunning.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":34wxgkt7 said:
Houstonfanatik":34wxgkt7 said:
0-3 in the division. .500 team and very average. bad on the road. losing to a 2 win Lions team.

Pathetic. call me mr. pessimist... Season Over.

go TEXANS!!!!

No one's calling this post out? Seriously? Some "fanatik". Enjoy the Houston frontrunning.
:13:

canfan

Reaction score
Wow. I can't believe the negativity here right now! The Hawks just lost a close one on the road to a talented but undisciplined team that has a high powered offense and had its back to the wall.

The offense showed us the best tempo and speed I have seen since Hasselbeck left town, and the defense reminded us of how young they really are. Teams are learning to take advantage of the youth and aggressiveness we have at the linebacker spot. Some of this can be compensated for by schemes, but a lot of it will go away as the team grows up together and gains experience.

Rather be a Seahawk fan right now than cheering for about any one of a dozen teams in the AFC!! You can't win every game, but I'll take this over the last time somebody laid 28 on the Seahawks...that was in Pittsburg last year in Game 2. You know, the one where we crossed midfield twice in the whole game? I, for one was encouraged by what I saw. Stay tuned, they are just getting started.

Joey13091

Reaction score
We have a very competitive team they just don't know how to win on the road.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Joey13091":2rie78s5 said:
Am I wrong to be losing faith in this team and not really caring to watch them anymore? I am a die hard seahawks fan but I hate losing and that's all they do as of late. I'm not hopeful we can win any of our upcoming games.
Yeah...I'm going to be quoting this all year. Feel free to watch the Niners of today, Giants, Packers, or Stealers.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Holy Batman. I just read through the whole thread and I'm embarrassed. A bunch of bitching and moaning. Not understanding of the situation and like another poster said, "obligatory chicken little posts". And Dom had the nerve to feel offended about that? Lmao? The guy that is notorious for stupid one liners and pot shots?

Lol...carry on.

Alls I'll say is I'm glad I didn't have the interwebs or .Net when Holmgren first took over.

sutz

Reaction score
Love the "I'm a lifelong fan!" followed closely by the "I'm outa here!" statements.

:laugh:

seahawk2k

Reaction score
This was a hilarious read. I didn't realize that everyone was serious till about a page and a half in. Thought it was some kind of tongue in cheek vaudevillian routine designed to mock the reactionary fan. But nope, people actually resort to that instant, reactionary, negativity drenched rhetorical tropes after a close loss on the road to a playoff team last year.

The Seahawks lost, alright, move on to the next game. This thread is littered with the same people that post "Love the Hawks! Got a special feeling this year! Anybody else feel like we can beat anybody right now?" after big wins. I know its the plight of the sports fan to be irrational, reactionary and nonsensical, but at some point, reason has to win out.

2003, the Seahawks went undefeated at home, and 2-6 on the road. 4 of those 6 losses were absolutely excruciating. Against the Bengals, on the drive to tie the game, you had the ball bounce off Darrell Jackson's helmet and into the arms of a Bengal defender to ice the game. Against the Redskins, the Hawks are up 14-3, Damien Robinson picks off a pass, but fumbles it out of the end zone costing the Seahawks seven points and starting a chain of events that was just weird. Do we all remember the Baltimore game? 41-24 with 8 minutes left? How about Bobby Engram being tackled by the back judge as he's racing to catch the game winning touchdown pass against the Rams?

If there ever was a time for threads like this, bemoaning the fact that the Seahawks were never winning another game. That they'd finish at best 7-9 and all that crap. It was that year. And this board was an absolute wreck of "What if" threads, "God hates the Seahawks" and "Our receivers suck" threads, but I never saw fans bail on the season like I read after every loss this year. It's silly and embarassing.

Oh yeah, the Hawks ended up growing up, going 10-6 and playing an absolute classic against the Packers in the first round which would've been a victory if Alex Bannister had run a slant instead of a hook. Chill out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I haven't been around long enough on here to even know if ppl are serious. However, we have 8 games left, 5 of them at home. No reason to believe 9 or 10 wins isn't a realistic expectation. I think they're going 8-0 at home, and will win one on the road. I just refuse to give up on the team and/or just assume they won't make a run here, I don't see the use in it. IF they lose a home game, we're looking at 9-7, best case imo.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1f08c2ox said:
Seahawk Sailor":1f08c2ox said:
Why do you have to call people names? Nobody is calling you a Homer when you post.
It would be deserved if the tone of the thread was "We're likely going to win the rest of our games, I don't see who we're going to lose to."

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2g0j0a50 said:
Tech Worlds":2g0j0a50 said:
Seahawk Sailor":2g0j0a50 said:
It would be deserved if the tone of the thread was "We're likely going to win the rest of our games, I don't see who we're going to lose to."
You mean like in the beginning of the season when Kearly thought we could legitimately go undefeated all year?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Holy Crap! What a bunch of Negative Nancys. I couldn't read past the 2nd page. No wonder the Seattle fan base is so fair weathered. It's embarrassing to say the least. :141847_bnono:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, just listen to either of the local stations after a loss. The SAME ppl who are talking playoffs, how great the team is etc. after a win......are acting like the world has come to an end the very next week if they lose.

drdiags

Reaction score
sutz":307ugr9b said:
Love the "I'm a lifelong fan!" followed closely by the "I'm outa here!" statements.

:laugh:

Beautiful!

Fans are a different breed when they aren't happy. Win and we are a dynasty. Lose and we are worse than a pop warner team. It's a fine balance. If you don't get too wound up you are accused of settling for mediocre performances. Get too wound up and you say things you regret later. Guess it's that whole thing of show me a good loser and I show you a loser.

We all want to be bad winners. But we stink half the time. :thirishdrinkers:

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Reading an overreaction thread five days later makes me sick to my stomach. Pessimist fans remind me of annoying hippies who whine and complain about policies and government, but don't do anything to make the situation better.

I prefer hearing delusional homers over whining pessimists anyday.