Just met Marshawn Lynch!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Just met Marshawn Lynch!
Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:05 pm
  • kearly wrote:
    pehawk wrote:Maybe Marshaun's just a bit shy? Kind of the vibe he gives off.

Yeah, he's the classic profile. Quiet, awkward, camera-shy. A private person. Just like many of us including me. I always thought that his refusal to participate on realrob was more about him not wanting to have to think of something to say in front of a camera than anything else. Or that if he did let loose, people might not like it. Nothing wrong with staying quiet in my book.

I think this might answer that. 1:20 in. The week after he said started his quiet act.

Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:11 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:I'd prefer for our franchise RB to not use a cell phone while pumping gas though.

What the hell? Why? You think it's going to blow up the gas station?
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:12 pm
  • I think that was the reasoning...Chicken
    TLD0550
    NET Starter

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:27 pm
  • Some players are cool with it, others aren't. I met Shawn Kemp at a gas station said "big fan" and we chatted for 10 minutes then went and got teryaki together. He refused to let me pay for my own meal. Just talked with him like he was any normal person. Cool dude.

Met Walter Jones at Champs in Bellevue Square and went with the same "big fan" he said " you're a fan of offensive linemen?" I said "only the good ones." And he started cracking up. Talked about shoes for a couple minutes then I went to pay for the ones I was buying.

Met Shawn Springs standing in line at macy's after that Monday night game where he picked off Favre twice. Said "nice game yesterday" he said "thanks" then pulled out a phone and acted like he was on it but he wasn't. Some are cool, others aren't.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:44 pm
  • Wow, this post really took off...

First, it was an Infiniti, I know cause I saw the front of the car.

Second, I quietly, almost whispering, asked him for a quick picture.

He was absolutely saying "Awww hell no I knew there was a catch to that" to me referring to me letting him go infront of me in line.

And I took the pic of him so I could at least show my friends. I was about as polite as an excited fan could be to see one of their favorite players. Call me a dick or whatever but I don't think I did anything rude. Everyone at my work today said I should have ran back in and bought a bag of skittles and thrown them all over the parking lot hahaha. All in all it was cool to see him, it would have been nicer to have got a picture or autograph or something but still it was an enjoyable experience and it doesn't change my opinion of him at all. I honestly wasn't expecting him to let me take a pic but it was worth a shot.

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:19 pm
  • Nicest athlete I met?

Jerome Bettis.

As fate would have it.. the year I met Bettis (at the Vegas airport) was July 2005.

Little did I know......................
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:21 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:I'd prefer for our franchise RB to not use a cell phone while pumping gas though.

What the hell? Why? You think it's going to blow up the gas station?

It was tongue-in-cheek. Calm down.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:22 pm
  • I saw Nate Burleson in passing at the airport, we made eye contact, he knew I knew. Right after he signed with Detroit, at Seatac. He didn't have any bags, I assume he has people for that.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:46 pm
  • I didn't read all 6 pages of this. But I wanted to comment on something I read in the first couple pages,

It was a comment about the players owing nothing to the fans.

They owe everything to the fans. Maybe some get it, some don't, but if it weren't for the fans, buying tickets, buying jerseys, watching games on TV, none of this would exist!

Recognize! The only reason they are where they are is because of us.

Don't forget it!
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:59 pm
  • If it was Calihawk1 he would call him a douche.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:06 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:Nicest athlete I met?

Jerome Bettis.

As fate would have it.. the year I met Bettis (at the Vegas airport) was July 2005.

Seems your judgment there was as sensible as your opinions on the Hawks qb's this season.
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:11 pm
  • Hawkadeus wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:Nicest athlete I met?

Jerome Bettis.

Seems your judgment there was as sensible as your opinions on the Hawks qb's this season.

Haha. We'll see... :th2thumbs:
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:24 pm
  • 5280Hawk wrote:I didn't read all 6 pages of this. But I wanted to comment on something I read in the first couple pages,

They owe everything to the fans. Maybe some get it, some don't, but if it weren't for the fans, buying tickets, buying jerseys, watching games on TV, none of this would exist!

Don't forget it!

Say you work at the Coca Cola bottling plant. YOU OWE ALL THE PEOPLE THAT BUY COCA COLA! Your job doesn't exist otherwise! Every time you come across someone who drinks Coke, you better sure as hell do a song and dance for them. Because without them, you don't get paid! Recognize where you come from! Punk!

:sarcasm_off: x 10
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:25 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    Hawkadeus wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:Nicest athlete I met?

Jerome Bettis.

Haha. We'll see... :th2thumbs:

Says the guy, winking and smiling, secretly rooting against his own team's qb, simply so he can be prove right.

PATHETIC.

Almost as much as your posts.
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:28 pm
  • 5280Hawk wrote:I didn't read all 6 pages of this. But I wanted to comment on something I read in the first couple pages,

Don't forget it!

This is true, and he probably knows it. Doesn't mean he has to express it like a cheerleader whenever approached. First and foremost he is a person, who gets annoyed. He owes you nothing at a gas station, he owes you everything he has on the field in order to get seattle a sb win.
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:32 pm
  • SNDavidson wrote:
    5280Hawk wrote:I didn't read all 6 pages of this. But I wanted to comment on something I read in the first couple pages,

Don't forget it!

This is true, and he probably knows it. Doesn't mean he has to express it like a cheerleader whenever approached. First and foremost he is a person, who gets annoyed. He owes you nothing at a gas station, he owes you everything he has on the field in order to get seattle a sb win.

Yep, I get that too, he might have been in the phone with his moms,

I was more replying to they guy who says that they as players owe us nothing, if not for us he doesn't have that nice car to put gas in.

Edit - oh that was you. It's just an appreciation thing I guess . Both ways.
    Last edited by 5280Hawk on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:40 pm
  • 5280Hawk wrote:
    SNDavidson wrote:
    5280Hawk wrote:I didn't read all 6 pages of this. But I wanted to comment on something I read in the first couple pages,

Don't forget it!

Yep, I get that too, he might have been in the phone with his moms,

I was more replying to they guy who says that they as players owe us nothing, if not for us he doesn't have that nice car to put gas in.

Besides a copy of Windows, what does Bill Gates owe you? "Hey Bill Gates!!! I buy your software! Dance for me! Say cheese!! Without me, you'd be NOTHING!!!"
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:45 pm
  • I will never quite understand the whole "i got a picture with a famous person/celebrity!" thing.
    i was in Cabo walking behind two Mexican women (one was middle aged and the other was early 20's if that)
    And as we're walking, the older one kept turning around and smiling and finally asked if I would
    take a picture with her niece (the younger one) and it threw me off because I'm thinking
    "who do these ladies think I am?" but i took the picture and went on down to the beach.
    While at the beach my wife said:
    "I bet they think you are a basketball player, you're tall, Black, dressed nice, AND YOU'RE WITH A WHITE GIRL LOL!"
    and it made alot of sense.
    But then I got to thinking, "whether I was a ball player or not, what does her having a picture of her self with me prove?"
    ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IMHO.

Anyways, I TOTALLY overstand how Beastmode could've been annoyed by you if the scenario is in fact how you
    described it.
    MESSAGE TO THE 12TH MAN : IF YOU LEAVE THE CLINK WITH YOUR VOICE, UR DOING IT WRONG.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:46 pm
  • Besides a copy of Windows, what does Bill Gates owe you? "Hey Bill Gates!!! I buy your software! Dance for me! Say cheese!! Without me, you'd be NOTHING!!!"

First of all I'm an apple guy,

And second my fandom means nothing to the whole scheme of things. But sports is not really a necessary thing in society like your first two examples (coca cola and windows7)
    Last edited by 5280Hawk on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:50 pm
  • that post reminds me of this, which is good for a laugh.

the cult of celebrity lol

IMO I think it's fine to approach a sports celeb as long as your respectful about it and try to approach them as a fellow human being. No need to act as if they are on a higher plane than everyone else.
    Feed the Hawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm
  • At training camp he'd only take pictures with or sign autographs for the kids and I got turned down, but I asked him for a handshake and he gave me one.

I think calling him a dick is an overreaction, the majority of us will never know what it's like to be him on a daily basis and experience what he does. It seems to me that he has a certain set of rules for how he interacts with the fans, and especially out in public. Like some others, I thought his response was more of an attempt at humor.
    SutiHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:35 pm
  • 5280Hawk wrote:
    Besides a copy of Windows, what does Bill Gates owe you? "Hey Bill Gates!!! I buy your software! Dance for me! Say cheese!! Without me, you'd be NOTHING!!!"

And second my fandom means nothing to the whole scheme of things. But sports is not really a necessary thing in society like your first two examples (coca cola and windows7)

So what? Why does that matter? Why does "society" make it any different? Both are people who make a living off a product that people pay money for. I work for local state government. Do you have any idea how often I hear people yell, "My taxes pay for your salary! Blah blah blah! I have the right to yell at you!" Give me a freaking break. I don't care if you eat at the Jamba Juice I work at. It doesn't give you the right to demand of me outside of work or criticize me as a person. Save your entitlement and sanctimony for someone who is stupid enough to fall for it.
    Hawkadeus
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:40 pm
  • Hawkadeus wrote:
    5280Hawk wrote:

So what? Why does that matter? Why does "society" make it any different? Both are people who make a living off a product that people pay money for. I work for local state government. Do you have any idea how often I hear people yell, "My taxes pay for your salary! Blah blah blah! I have the right to yell at you!" Give me a freaking break. I don't care if you eat at the Jamba Juice I work at. It doesn't give you the right to demand of me outside of work or criticize me as a person. Save your entitlement and sanctimony for someone who is stupid enough to fall for it.

Not sure i'd call fountain drinks and computer software a "necessary" thing in society. Now food and water? Many cultures performed a good song and dance to their god of choice for that.
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:50 am
  • Mistashoesta wrote:Not sure i'd call fountain drinks and computer software a "necessary" thing in society. Now food and water? Many cultures performed a good song and dance to their god of choice for that.

Unless you're Amish or Hassidic, it's necessary.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:58 am
  • You don't think being a State employee, and an NFL Football player is a little different?

That guy that yells at you at your work HAS to pay his taxes by Law, and its crap that you have to put up with that. I get it BTW I'm a Federal employee.

But I don't have to pay for football, I choose to.

If Marshawn doesn't want to be nice to fans and get pics taken outside of work, that's his deal.

If I made millions of dollars playing football, I would certainly not forget where my bread is buttered. I guess I'll leave it at that.
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:47 am
  • Well, if you got millions being a federal employee.....

same
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:17 am
  • I'm virtually invisible in public and it's awesome. I have normal interactions with people but there's nothing special about me.

I've always thought that unless they are off the charts on ego, most famous people really want time to just do their thing and not be special in public.
    bmorepunk
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:20 am
  • You should of bought a bag of Skittles and asked him autograph it. Sometimes you have to be creative to get celebrities attention.
    The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!
    12thMode
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:23 am
  • I grew up in Bellevue, seeing athletes is part of the landscape. I don't see how anyone who lives in Kirkland/Bellevue/Renton gets all excited about it. We lived next door to a Sonic and across from a Seahawk. Let them live their lives. If you see a Seahawk in Spokane, now that would be exciting!
    * NET Staff *

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:08 am
  • Hawkstorian, feel the same way. Grew up in Bellevue, just took it in stride.

I don't get the fascination with autographs in the first place. If I'm at a Seahawks function, or a thing where they are making a personal appearance, yeah, its cool to approach them. But just let the guys live their lives a little bit.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:49 am
  • Hawkstorian wrote:I grew up in Bellevue, seeing athletes is part of the landscape. I don't see how anyone who lives in Kirkland/Bellevue/Renton gets all excited about it.

I have yet to see a Seahawks player and I have lived in Bellevue for over 10 years now. Only Athletes I have seen are The Glove and Buhner. But then again all I do is work and go home and back to work again. Never really get out much.
    The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!
    12thMode
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:20 am
  • I think we can all agree the poster was just a little butt hurt and now he has seen the rest of the world doesnt agree with his point of view and has now gotten over it and will never approach another athlete again. lol
    TLD0550
    NET Starter

Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:23 am
  • There are a hell of a lot more important things in life than getting the autograph from someone. Let alone spending a bunch of time assuming they are an a'hole if it doesn't go a certain way.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:08 pm
  • TLD0550 wrote:I think we can all agree the poster was just a little butt hurt and now he has seen the rest of the world doesnt agree with his point of view and has now gotten over it and will never approach another athlete again. lol

I didn't get that from the OP at all. He wasn't bashing Lynch or anything. He even said he thought Beasts reaction was funny.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information