Just met Marshawn Lynch!

SutiHawk

Reaction score
At training camp he'd only take pictures with or sign autographs for the kids and I got turned down, but I asked him for a handshake and he gave me one.

I think calling him a dick is an overreaction, the majority of us will never know what it's like to be him on a daily basis and experience what he does. It seems to me that he has a certain set of rules for how he interacts with the fans, and especially out in public. Like some others, I thought his response was more of an attempt at humor.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
5280Hawk":3c04ybrn said:
Besides a copy of Windows, what does Bill Gates owe you? "Hey Bill Gates!!! I buy your software! Dance for me! Say cheese!! Without me, you'd be NOTHING!!!"

First of all I'm an apple guy,

And second my fandom means nothing to the whole scheme of things. But sports is not really a necessary thing in society like your first two examples (coca cola and windows7)

So what? Why does that matter? Why does "society" make it any different? Both are people who make a living off a product that people pay money for. I work for local state government. Do you have any idea how often I hear people yell, "My taxes pay for your salary! Blah blah blah! I have the right to yell at you!" Give me a freaking break. I don't care if you eat at the Jamba Juice I work at. It doesn't give you the right to demand of me outside of work or criticize me as a person. Save your entitlement and sanctimony for someone who is stupid enough to fall for it.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Hawkadeus":2wwabfk9 said:
5280Hawk":2wwabfk9 said:
Besides a copy of Windows, what does Bill Gates owe you? "Hey Bill Gates!!! I buy your software! Dance for me! Say cheese!! Without me, you'd be NOTHING!!!"

First of all I'm an apple guy,

And second my fandom means nothing to the whole scheme of things. But sports is not really a necessary thing in society like your first two examples (coca cola and windows7)

So what? Why does that matter? Why does "society" make it any different? Both are people who make a living off a product that people pay money for. I work for local state government. Do you have any idea how often I hear people yell, "My taxes pay for your salary! Blah blah blah! I have the right to yell at you!" Give me a freaking break. I don't care if you eat at the Jamba Juice I work at. It doesn't give you the right to demand of me outside of work or criticize me as a person. Save your entitlement and sanctimony for someone who is stupid enough to fall for it.

Not sure i'd call fountain drinks and computer software a "necessary" thing in society. Now food and water? Many cultures performed a good song and dance to their god of choice for that.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2effpl3j said:
Not sure i'd call fountain drinks and computer software a "necessary" thing in society. Now food and water? Many cultures performed a good song and dance to their god of choice for that.
Unless you're Amish or Hassidic, it's necessary.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
You don't think being a State employee, and an NFL Football player is a little different?

That guy that yells at you at your work HAS to pay his taxes by Law, and its crap that you have to put up with that. I get it BTW I'm a Federal employee.

But I don't have to pay for football, I choose to.

If Marshawn doesn't want to be nice to fans and get pics taken outside of work, that's his deal.

If I made millions of dollars playing football, I would certainly not forget where my bread is buttered. I guess I'll leave it at that.

Uffda

Reaction score
Well, if you got millions being a federal employee.....

same

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I'm virtually invisible in public and it's awesome. I have normal interactions with people but there's nothing special about me.

I've always thought that unless they are off the charts on ego, most famous people really want time to just do their thing and not be special in public.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I grew up in Bellevue, seeing athletes is part of the landscape. I don't see how anyone who lives in Kirkland/Bellevue/Renton gets all excited about it. We lived next door to a Sonic and across from a Seahawk. Let them live their lives. If you see a Seahawk in Spokane, now that would be exciting!

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Hawkstorian, feel the same way. Grew up in Bellevue, just took it in stride.

I don't get the fascination with autographs in the first place. If I'm at a Seahawks function, or a thing where they are making a personal appearance, yeah, its cool to approach them. But just let the guys live their lives a little bit.

12thMode

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2urb8yl5 said:
I grew up in Bellevue, seeing athletes is part of the landscape. I don't see how anyone who lives in Kirkland/Bellevue/Renton gets all excited about it.

I have yet to see a Seahawks player and I have lived in Bellevue for over 10 years now. Only Athletes I have seen are The Glove and Buhner. But then again all I do is work and go home and back to work again. Never really get out much.

TLD0550

Reaction score
I think we can all agree the poster was just a little butt hurt and now he has seen the rest of the world doesnt agree with his point of view and has now gotten over it and will never approach another athlete again. lol

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There are a hell of a lot more important things in life than getting the autograph from someone. Let alone spending a bunch of time assuming they are an a'hole if it doesn't go a certain way.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
TLD0550":1w82jx6e said:
I think we can all agree the poster was just a little butt hurt and now he has seen the rest of the world doesnt agree with his point of view and has now gotten over it and will never approach another athlete again. lol
I didn't get that from the OP at all. He wasn't bashing Lynch or anything. He even said he thought Beasts reaction was funny.