Gotta love this team and lack of need in the draft

Biggiec76

Reaction score
Schnieder has put a team together with good depth. when you look at what we have and what the draft has to offer it seems like we have solid starters. Now with that said you always can improve at every position. But we now have a team in which we can target certain players, we can move in the draft to get that one guy or get a developmental guy.

In the 1st round in this years draft, there are alot of good players but are they better than what we have?
I see a need for a top Lineman still for our roster, Maybe a Barrett Jones?

What about depth at DT- Would you pass up on a chance for Star Loutefi of Utah if you could trade Flynn and move up to get him?

How Many really big stars are in this upcoming draft? really top tier guys?

I find it hard to say we need a certain guy other than our outside linebacker spot due to the age of Leroy Hill.

You will see us get guys we can develop over the next couple years cause alot of our guys are here and secured under good contracts.

MARCUS LATTIMORE- One last opinion, grab this kid in the 4th rd and let him heal for a year and it may be our best gamble ever. You have turbin and lynch for the next 2 years and then this kid gets healthy! maybe marshawn slows down a little. These are the kinda plays we can do now with this team.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Marcus Lattimore needs to concentrate on making sure he can walk cleanly on that leg again without any permanent damage, not the NFL Draft. He's smart enough to realise that.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Biggie, are you Sh*tting me? We have plenty of needs.
TE
WR
LB-2 of em. One that can cover, one to replace Leroy
RT
RB is always a need
KR, Leon is not getting younger
CB is always a need
RG
DT, one to replace Jones if he bolts, one for depth.

The NFL does not tolerate a lack of depth, see the Cowboys. We will always have needs.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Scott has been harsh on this defense lately (and Moffitt and Turbin), but we do need a replacement for Leroy. Clemons is also approaching the cliff.

On offense, we need at least two mid-to-upper-tier WR's, one upper-tier TE and should probably start thinking about fullback. Breno is making a case to keep his job, I'll let him see it through.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3e1po3ed said:
Scott has been harsh on this defense lately (and Moffitt and Turbin), but we do need a replacement for Leroy. Clemons is also approaching the cliff.

On offense, we need at least two mid-to-upper-tier WR's, one upper-tier TE and should probably start thinking about fullback. Breno is making a case to keep his job, I'll let him see it through.

You got any first round fullback's in mind?

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
yeah I would not be dissapointed in a RT in the first round or a reciever. Other needs is pass rush can't have to many of those guys than id say a nickle corner an OLB

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawksfan515":v8x8gduh said:
MontanaHawk05":v8x8gduh said:

You got any first round fullback's in mind?

Well, I wasn't thinking first round. If we're thinking first round, then Scotte's out of his mind. You don't draft RT's, RG's, or depth in the first round, nor cornerbacks when you have two young Pro Bowlers.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I still have my brains. My first round targets would be a DT, WR, or really special TE. Or, if some player inexplicably drops to our spot that we just can't pass up, that dude.

Fullbacks are 5th to UDFA type stuff.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
How does a 4-4 team not have needs?

WR and TE come to mind first. Then maybe a RT or RG. How about a DT if we lost Jones or Branch? WLB?

There are tons of needs. The roster ahs gotten a lot better, but this team is not overflowing with elite talent yet.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I re-sign Jason Jones and go BPA in the draft amongst WR/TE/DE/LB.

Danimal

Reaction score
I'd prefer we go BPA at DT (DE or an elite LB with pass rush skills such as Jones would work as well, but he won't be there when we pick). I just think the rarest athletes are playing the D-Line these days so you need to commit to taking those players early and developing a steady rotation. This could be the year we could afford to take a JPP-like prospect with an insane ceiling but higher risk.

For other positions, my worry is that WR take a while to adapt to the NFL on average and we have guys on the roster now who could work well if they improve the finer points of their game (blocking downfield, finishing routes when they are not the first option, and fighting back to the QB on broken plays to get open). Plus first round WR's are all over the map on hit rate. Great linebackers can be found outside the first round (cf: Wright, KJ and cross reference against Curry, Aaron). TE is a potential high round option but probably 2nd or 3rd unless we really think there's a next Jimmy Graham or Gronkowski sitting there. The rest of the potential positions seem like luxury picks if we take them that high unless someone phenomenal drops to us (Chance Warmack?).

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm laughing at Marcus Lattimore in the 4th round .. he's going back to school (the smart thing) but even if he were entering the draft, you don't take a guy in the 4th round who just had his entire knee destroyed + had a major ACL injury on his other knee.

Latest posts