Wilson stats

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
3rd best Completion Percentage for a rookie QB through first 8 games (behind Big Ben and RG3).

Gotta like that.

mikehawks

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":13ki525n said:
SacHawk2.0":13ki525n said:
I'm not sure if Wilson is tall enough to hold a clipboard.

In Soviet Russia, clipboard holds Wilson!
Shut up. I don't need your love.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it. We need a Russel Wilson drinking game. Say, every interception tequila shot, and every loss smoke two joints. Wait, what are we talking about?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksfan515":32atrlgb said:
SeaChase":32atrlgb said:
scarlet letter F=lynn

Russell Wilson is a boss.

Eat crow now, or eat it when he's won ROY. Your choice.

Lolbiden 18807 zps12405021

He has NO chance for Rookie of the Year. Please stop.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":36l7e4ae said:
hawksfan515":36l7e4ae said:
SeaChase":36l7e4ae said:
scarlet letter F=lynn

Lolbiden 18807 zps12405021

He has NO chance for Rookie of the Year. Please stop.

No chance? I will bet you he has a legit shot at the end of the year.... he may not win, but he will be in the race. I guarantee it.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Not trying to get into this petty debate, but to say he has no chance for rookie of the year is beyond ridiculous. It's every bit as ridiculous as anyone claiming he has been the best rookie up to this point.

As for Wilson drinking games? Every time he says "tremendous" in his press conference, take a drink.

Hawkadeus

Reaction score
When you're Hasselbeck, saying there's no chance is pretty reasonable. In his opinion, Flynn should be starting. Kinda silly for him to think the guy he's done nothing but degrade and talk down about the past 2 months could be rookie of the year.

Realistically, odds are pretty low. Wilson would have to really take off. With such high profile competition as Luck and RG3, it's an incredibly uphill battle. Even if he put up better numbers. We all know the battle it is for Seattle players to get recognized against higher profile and East coast competition.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'll have to admit that as a third rounder rookie QB playing in Egypt and standing at 5'11" he'd have to really separate himself from the competition to win ROY, so that's a long shot. That said, his name will definitely be in the mix as one of the top considerations.

Funny that the bulk of the Wilson bashing is coming from someone that names himself after a noodle-armed QB that needed an awful lot of help from a superior OL and MVP running back. When you compare Matt and Russ's 1st season, RW is doing a MUCH better job as complete rookie and has WAY more upside. You didn't see this type of improvement from Matt during his first season.

Even now, when watching Hass play for the Titans, his demeanor in the pocket still looks jittery and nervous when compared to the cool, calm, collected yet quick RW3.

Maybe someone ought to take some time to explore the reason for their irrational hatred of a pretty darn good ROOKIE QB.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
SeaChase":3tofqnxm said:
hawksfan515":3tofqnxm said:
SeaChase":3tofqnxm said:
scarlet letter F=lynn

He is getting better, and I hope he continues to do so.

Sorry, too late....bandwagon is full. You can follow flynn to his next destination.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3fzbgx5x said:
I'll have to admit that as a third rounder rookie QB playing in Egypt and standing at 5'11" he'd have to really separate himself from the competition to win ROY, so that's a long shot. That said, his name will definitely be in the mix as one of the top considerations.

Funny that the bulk of the Wilson bashing is coming from someone that names himself after a noodle-armed QB that needed an awful lot of help from a superior OL and MVP running back. When you compare Matt and Russ's 1st season, RW is doing a MUCH better job as complete rookie and has WAY more upside. You didn't see this type of improvement from Matt during his first season.

Even now, when watching Hass play for the Titans, his demeanor in the pocket still looks jittery and nervous when compared to the cool, calm, collected yet quick RW3.

Maybe someone ought to take some time to explore the reason for their irrational hatred of a pretty darn good ROOKIE QB.
:13:

I agree with you but people will think you are trolling because on .net you are not allowed to talk poorly of Matt H.

sutz

Reaction score
chawx":23hh79t0 said:
12thMan1":23hh79t0 said:
SacHawk2.0":23hh79t0 said:
Your insight is breath taking.

Your avatar is breath taking!!!

:thirishdrinkers:

I keep thinking that if I watch it long enough, one will *bloop* out—Honestly though, she must be wearing the brand new Nike Elite pro halter top with extra stretching capability to be able to bounce like that w/o fear of a wardrobe malfunction.
I'm pretty sure they make an aerosol stickum to counter act that. :(

sutz

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3lqk6rta said:
Funny that the bulk of the Wilson bashing is coming from someone that names himself after a noodle-armed QB that needed an awful lot of help from a superior OL and MVP running back.ROOKIE QB.

I hate to go OT, but the year that Shaun was voted MVP by the league, IIRC the team voted Hass as team MVP. ;)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As long as he continues to improve, win games, lead the team, awards don't mean Sh**. This guy clearly gets it, and has the skills to be a very solid QB in the NFL. And this is coming from someone who wanted Flynn prior to the season. Wilson is doing a great job, and I'm confident having him as our QB.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1hzihuzf said:

LOL. Oh joy.. 3 points here..

1.) I don't hate Russell Wilson. I just don't grossly overrate the guy like 95% of this board. And yes, I believe Matt Flynn would have success here.

2.) He has NO chance to win ROY. I'm sorry. ROY is an award that is largely dictated by media pub.. Andrew Luck and RG3 will get all the notice. But if you guys want to hang on to the belief that being a good guy and completing a bunch of checkdowns will somehow propel him over two guys the media fawn over (and rightfully so).. by all means, have fun with that. Hell, Wilson may not even be 5th on many voters ballots. Does that bother you? Probably.. I'm sure we will see 25 threads about media disrespect when the awards are announced.

3.) I'm happy Wilson looks better than Hasselbeck did after 8 games. That's fantastic. What the hell does that have to do with Russell Wilson winning Rookie of the Year? (PS. Russell Wilson isn't even on pace for 3000 yards.. a feat that "noodle arm" QB accomplished 8 times as a starter :) )

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkadeus":bcr70y2t said:
Realistically, odds are pretty low. Wilson would have to really take off. With such high profile competition as Luck and RG3, it's an incredibly uphill battle. Even if he put up better numbers. We all know the battle it is for Seattle players to get recognized against higher profile and East coast competition.

Not low. They don't exist.

Guys who will get more votes than Wilson:
- Andrew Luck
- Robert Griffin III
- Trent Richardson
- Alfred Morris

Guys who will merit consideration
- Brandon Weeden
- Ryan Tannehill
- Doug Martin

I could of course just be a giant hater and undervaluing Wilson's 28th best passing yards - who knows.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hawks are 4-4, Wilson is doing pretty damn good for a rook. Where would he be w/out the 79 drops vs. the Niners?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2413jlqs said:
Hawkadeus":2413jlqs said:

I could of course just be a giant hater and undervaluing Wilson's 28th best passing yards - who knows.

Did you buy a Flynn jersey in the offseason?

smashmouth59

Reaction score
2.) He has NO chance to win ROY. I'm sorry. ROY is an award that is largely dictated by media pub.. Andrew Luck and RG3 will get all the notice. But if you guys want to hang on to the belief that being a good guy and completing a bunch of checkdowns will somehow propel him over two guys the media fawn over (and rightfully so).. by all means, have fun with that. Hell, Wilson may not even be 5th on many voters ballots. Does that bother you? Probably.. I'm sure we will see 25 threads about media disrespect when the awards are announced.

I was going to stay out of it but... Do you really think that all this kid has done is be a good guy and complete a bunch of checkdowns? Regardless of the straw man, i must say i am sorry for your incredibly shallow, inaccurate, and negative view.

This season has been one of the most exciting seasons in almost 7 years, and that is largely due to Russel Wilson.

I am not going to look up stats (because i am lazy) but what sticks out to me while watching RGIII is his o-coordinator schemes very well to compliment his skill set, and uses the short passing game a shit ton. We just started using the short game, and hope we do more of it but to say we are jaded by Russel for his checkdowns is complete bullshit.

That said, carry on .net!

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, that 47 yard TD pass against the Pats was a nice checkdown, eh what?

;)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":31g54bkt said:
But if you guys want to hang on to the belief that being a good guy and completing a bunch of checkdowns will somehow propel him over two guys the media fawn over (and rightfully so).. by all means, have fun with that.

You may not be a hater, but statements like these make me wonder if you're actually watching him play.